ROBOrob77 wrote:I placed one order on July 24th, and another on Sept 2nd. My Sept 2nd order arrived yesterday and I'm still waiting on shipping notification for my July order. So, it looks like it's not first come first served.
The same thing happened to me!
I was supposed to get my first one mid September but they sent me an email saying it would be mailed mid October!

Then Yesterday I received the second Pack I ordered which was placed weeks after the first order!

They still haven't charged me for my first one which was placed back in July!
ROBOrob77 wrote:I placed one order on July 24th, and another on Sept 2nd. My Sept 2nd order arrived yesterday and I'm still waiting on shipping notification for my July order. So, it looks like it's not first come first served.
Glenn Frederick wrote:
I was supposed to get my first one mid September but they sent me an email saying it would be mailed mid October!

Then Yesterday I received the second Pack I ordered which was placed weeks after the first order!

See, now that's kind of pissing me off.
Here we are looking at a possible shortage of product and they aren't even shipping by order date.

I payed with PayPal and apparently they put the money aside when you have a balance to cover a pending charge so I've had $60 being held hostage for a month and I'm not even sure if I'll end up getting one.
I'll be getting in touch with CS today to find out what's up. I'll update anyone interested when they get back to me.

EDIT: They aparently have live chat. It was not helpful.
They read off my expected ship date, told me it wasn't their department to know why orders were shipping out of order and was unwilling to even look into my concerns that orders were seemingly simply not being processed.
If it still hasn't progressed Monday I'll give it another shot.
Maybe next time I won't get the laziest CS rep I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to.
Got mine today. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. There are some things you can do to it which will make it look better and I'll be doing them but as a base not bad at all. It is not comfortable at all with the included shoulder straps so that will have to be fixed. It's just a bit bigger than my son's pack which is at 83%. The 3d printed wand I made for it would look awesome with the spirit pack. After halloween that will be my first major change. Before halloween I'll be sticking a minimal version of my arduino code into it to do constant on lights for the cyclotron and powercell.

Noremon liked this
GK45 wrote:
Glenn Frederick wrote:

See, now that's kind of pissing me off.
Here we are looking at a possible shortage of product and they aren't even shipping by order date.

I payed with PayPal and apparently they put the money aside when you have a balance to cover a pending charge so I've had $60 being held hostage for a month and I'm not even sure if I'll end up getting one.
I'll be getting in touch with CS today to find out what's up. I'll update anyone interested when they get back to me.

EDIT: They aparently have live chat. It was not helpful.
They read off my expected ship date, told me it wasn't their department to know why orders were shipping out of order and was unwilling to even look into my concerns that orders were seemingly simply not being processed.
If it still hasn't progressed Monday I'll give it another shot.
Maybe next time I won't get the laziest CS rep I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to.
I chatted with customer service and they told me there wasn't any in stock within 50 miles...

The first store I walked into had two. Bought and promptly cancelled my PO.
CountDeMonet wrote:Got mine today. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. There are some things you can do to it which will make it look better and I'll be doing them but as a base not bad at all. It is not comfortable at all with the included shoulder straps so that will have to be fixed. It's just a bit bigger than my son's pack which is at 83%. The 3d printed wand I made for it would look awesome with the spirit pack. After halloween that will be my first major change. Before halloween I'll be sticking a minimal version of my arduino code into it to do constant on lights for the cyclotron and powercell.

Still pretty new to 'busting. I have not worked with any electronics yet. I have two Spirit packs- one for myself and one for my son. Have done minor exterior mod's - ALICE frames, pipe insulation, split loom on green wire, magnet enhancements to stick the wand on the pack- and I am interested in cracking it open after Halloween to make improvements. Is the constant light (without sound, I assume) mod relatively easy/inexpensive?
Yes, if you have some soldering experience it's no problem to set up the lights in this pack for under $30. That 30$ would let you light 3 packs too as you generally get these components in multiples. I just finished testing the code and setup today and will be posting the code and instructions tomorrow once it's fully installed in the pack.
kurisu7885 wrote:I just noticed that there's a staple where the hose meets the wand, have modders simply cut the hose or did they pry the stable out?
Whatever glue they used to keep it connected lasted a day on mine. I was going to try to split it down the middle but, didn't know if it would get wild.

It's a pretty terrible hose. My guess is, unless your going to replace it, don't take that staple out.
WillS3 wrote: Still pretty new to 'busting. I have not worked with any electronics yet. I have two Spirit packs- one for myself and one for my son. Have done minor exterior mod's - ALICE frames, pipe insulation, split loom on green wire, magnet enhancements to stick the wand on the pack- and I am interested in cracking it open after Halloween to make improvements. Is the constant light (without sound, I assume) mod relatively easy/inexpensive?
I've posted my lighting upgrade info here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43763

As far as arduino projects go it's pretty simple.
WillS3 liked this
hutto wrote:
kurisu7885 wrote:I just noticed that there's a staple where the hose meets the wand, have modders simply cut the hose or did they pry the stable out?
Whatever glue they used to keep it connected lasted a day on mine. I was going to try to split it down the middle but, didn't know if it would get wild.

It's a pretty terrible hose. My guess is, unless your going to replace it, don't take that staple out.
Replacing the wand is definitely my intention, once I get a coupler that is.
kurisu7885 wrote:
hutto wrote:

Replacing the wand is definitely my intention, once I get a coupler that is.
That's the no. 1 priority. I don't have a Matty wand. I'm going to have to build one.
CountDeMonet wrote:Got mine today. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. There are some things you can do to it which will make it look better and I'll be doing them but as a base not bad at all. It is not comfortable at all with the included shoulder straps so that will have to be fixed. It's just a bit bigger than my son's pack which is at 83%. The 3d printed wand I made for it would look awesome with the spirit pack. After halloween that will be my first major change. Before halloween I'll be sticking a minimal version of my arduino code into it to do constant on lights for the cyclotron and powercell.

I've been following your thread and it's great to see the side by side; I'm happy with my spirit pack for now (with 2 weeks till Halloween and half of that out of town), but before next year/next event I'll be using your guide to print a wand. Thanks!
1chapelcredit wrote: I've been following your thread and it's great to see the side by side; I'm happy with my spirit pack for now (with 2 weeks till Halloween and half of that out of town), but before next year/next event I'll be using your guide to print a wand. Thanks!
I'll be doing the same. The only additional modification I'll be making to the spirit wand for this halloween will be to add a gun track to it. I'm printing one now and if my calculations were correct I'll post the model for it. Should make the wand look a lot better I think. Should be good enough for walking around with my son, " the man", this halloween with his "hero" pack as I'm calling it :) I've only given myself a day for mods to the spirit pack as I have a ton to do on my son's pack in the next 5 days. We have a the first big event on the 21st so everything has to be done by then.
1chapelcredit liked this
CountDeMonet wrote:
1chapelcredit wrote: I've been following your thread and it's great to see the side by side; I'm happy with my spirit pack for now (with 2 weeks till Halloween and half of that out of town), but before next year/next event I'll be using your guide to print a wand. Thanks!
I'll be doing the same. The only additional modification I'll be making to the spirit wand for this halloween will be to add a gun track to it. I'm printing one now and if my calculations were correct I'll post the model for it. Should make the wand look a lot better I think. Should be good enough for walking around with my son, " the man", this halloween with his "hero" pack as I'm calling it :) I've only given myself a day for mods to the spirit pack as I have a ton to do on my son's pack in the next 5 days. We have a the first big event on the 21st so everything has to be done by then.
Thanks! I was planning to design one to fit around the existing peg and bulk the whole wand up a little bit; certainly would make it look better and be more functional. But, replacing the wand is my first priority before next event (after Halloween) anyway, so instead I just took the peg off with a coping saw and installed the v-hook over the top of it. Functional and no harm done since the spirit neutrino wand will ned up in the toy bin anyway. I've spent less time on the gun and more time on getting my Ecto-3 ready.
1chapelcredit wrote:
Thanks! I was planning to design one to fit around the existing peg and bulk the whole wand up a little bit; certainly would make it look better and be more functional. But, replacing the wand is my first priority before next event (after Halloween) anyway, so instead I just took the peg off with a coping saw and installed the v-hook over the top of it. Functional and no harm done since the spirit neutrino wand will ned up in the toy bin anyway. I've spent less time on the gun and more time on getting my Ecto-3 ready.
Decals and a gun track make the wand much more bearable for me :)

Last edited by CountDeMonet on October 17th, 2017, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
1chapelcredit liked this
I took one of the popular PDFs and converted to jpgs at 300dpi. I then put all the images I needed in one jpg file without changing the size. There are a lot of duplicates so I wanted to consolidate to save special paper. Then, using irfanview on Windows, I set the print size width to 13 with the image centered. Some of the pack images are nicely sized with the width set to 15 or 16. Irfanview is the only app I have found that let's you customize print size like that for images.
1chapelcredit liked this
CountDeMonet wrote:For those with a 3D printer I've posted a version of the thrower that is scaled down to fit nicely with the spirit pack on thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2591049
Great, can you post me a 3d printer now? In the mail I mean. :lol:

Got mine today, doesn't look too bad for $60. Wand is pitifully tiny though.
Unfortunately I way past lost track of my money this month buying little things, mostly for the costume and I'm dead on the edge of not being able to pay all my bills this month.
Problem is, no Patches or Frame yet.. :-|

Stuff has a way of sneaking up on you, I thought I was being cheap but all the little things added up.
Made my own Fobs but after buying a new hammer, because I couldn't find mine, a 2nd set of snaps because the first were too strong and the hardware, which was of course in bulk I ended up spending just as much as getting the good leather ones from here. XD
If I buy some more Nylon Strapping I can probably make another set and make back a bit selling it on ebay.
Then, since I thought I was being thrifty I started on a pair of goggles, which didn't end up much more than I had expected thankfully but was also started on the thought that I had money to spare...I did not apparently.

Need to figure out exactly how much I have after bills, may have just enough for the patches.
No way I'm going to have enough for a frame though, not even a PVC frame.
Finally got my pack today, definitely smaller than I was expecting, but not too bad. I am definitely new to the mods, but I am getting the SpongeFace MATTY soundboard. My question is, what else do I need to hook up a light kit and also a speaker that can handle the 10W? I have seen quite a few LED light kits around and would like a decent one that would work in conjunction with my Matty board (or do the lights on the pack have to be independent?). Do I also need a larger battery for all this to work? Any advice is appreciated! I have the Matty Wand and already have a V-hook on order so I can store the wand on the pack, plus I got the Alice Frame for it. The electronics upgrade is all I'm doing after that.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]