By Kingpin

Fresh off of the success of last year's Proton Pack replica, Spirit Halloween has updated their website to include a bonanza of new items based on the Ghostbusters franchise, ranging from new prop replicas to themed decorations:

Props
•Ghost Trap - $49.99
•P.K.E. Meter - $34.99
•Ecto Goggles - $29.99
•Equipment Belt - $9.99

Decorations
•2 ft Hanging Stay Puft Marshmallow Man - $84.99
•Light Up Slimer Table Turner - $39.99
•Slimer Pathway Lights - $34.99
•Ghostbusters String Lights - $29.99

Dressing Up
•Ghostbusters Jacket - $49.99
•Slimer Mask - $59.99
•Ecto-1 Toddler Piggyback Costume - $34.99

For those who have wanted to get their hands on a P.K.E. Meter or Ghost Trap replica, but missed out on the Mattel production runs, the Spirit Halloween offerings are a timely and affordable alternative.

Presently the prop replicas and decorations are on preorder, however it is believed they will be available closer to this Halloween.

Note: please visit the topic for the a closer look at the new items
JTWingless liked this
By Kingpin
Ghost Trap
Wrangle up those pesky ghosts this Halloween with this officially licensed ghost trap from the Ghostbusters film. This ghost trap looks just like a prop from the movie and even lights up and makes sounds. Also featuring a versatile clip to attach to your belt, this ghost trap will always be ready for the next ghost hunt! If you come across any ghosts this Halloween, you know who to call!

Officially licensed
Exclusively at Spirit Halloween
Dimensions: About 7.5” H x 14” W x 6” D
Battery type: AA ( included)
Material: Plastic
Imported

Speculation/Observation: The Trap's doors are geared, and it looks like the button on the handle may be real, suggesting a spring-release feature that opens the doors.

P.K.E. Meter
Track all ghosts and other paranormal entities this Halloween when you use this officially licensed P.K.E meter! This Psychokinetic Energy Meter is the perfect accessory to finish off your Ghostbusters look! Whenever you see a ghost this Halloween, the P.K.E. meter will light up and make sounds so you can track spirits wherever they may be.

Officially licensed
Dimensions: 11″ H x 3″ W x 3.25″ D
Motion activated
Batteries required: AAA (included)
Care: Spot clean
Imported

Speculation/Observation: The buttons on the front of the PKE Meter all appear static. The website is currently not working properly, making it impossible to currently view the pages for the respective items, but it looks like the activation button may be on the rear of the meter.

Ecto Goggles
You never know what kind of ghosts will be lurking around the corner! Now you can spot ghosts with ease with these officially licensed Ghostbusters ecto goggles. Just like in the film, these goggles track invisible ghosts and light up when in use. Notice something strange in your neighborhood? You know who to call–Ghostbusters!

Officially licensed
Dimensions: About 4” H x 7” W x 7” D
Battery Type: AA (included)
Imported

Utility Belt
Who ya gonna call? The infamous giant marshmallow monster returns in this officially licensed decoration from the movie Ghostbusters! Luckily he’s a bit smaller this time. This hanging decoration is perfect for any fan of the paranormal (or marshmallows).

Officially licensed
Dimensions: 20” H x 14” W x 7.5” D
Material: Latex foam
Imported

Light Up Slimer Table Turner
Decorate your Halloween dream scene with this officially licensed light up Slimer table turner! His green body features an internal LED light that will brighten up every dim room. Let slimer turn on any table this Halloween and everyone will be ready to start busting some ghosts!

Officially licensed
Dimensions: 10.5″ H x 7″ W x 8″ D
Batteries required: 3 AA (included)
Imported

Slimer Pathway Lights
Oh, there’s definitely something strange in the neighborhood—and it’s right on your front lawn! Light up your yard with these officially licensed Slimer pathway lights and have Slimer guide your friends and family right to your front door. Whether you’re decorating for Halloween or you’re just a huge Ghostbusters fan, these fun lights are sure to make all of your guests smile!

Officially licensed
Battery Type: 3 AA (included)
Dimensions: 11.5”H x 55”W x 6”W
Weight: 1.3 pounds
Material: Plastic, electronics
Imported

Ghostbusters String Lights
Show some love for one of your favorite film series when you hang up these awesome Ghostbuster lights! Whether you’re decorating for Halloween or you’re throwing a Ghostbusters-themed party, these fun lights are perfect for getting the party started in no time at all.

Officially licensed
Battery Type: 3 AA (included)
Dimensions: 3”H x 108”W x 3.5”W
Weight: .5 pound
Material: Plastic, electronics
Imported
Note: Recommended for use in covered areas

Ghostbusters Jacket
They’re totally going to be calling you when you rock this officially licensed Ghostbusters jacket! You’ll look like the ultimate paranormal detective in this authentic zipper jacket. Velcro detail allows you to change your name to whichever character you want to be!

Officially licensed
Includes:
Jacket
Four name badges (Stantz, Spengler, Venkman, Zeddemore)
Long sleeves
Two zipper pockets, one arm pocket
Zipper closure
Fully lined
Length: About 28″ from shoulder to hem
Material: Polyester
Care: Hand wash
Imported
Note: Undershirt, pants, shoes and accessories sold separately

Slimer Mask
Become your favorite Ghostbusters character when you top off your costume with this officially licensed Slimer mask! Ghostbustin’ has never looked so good! You’ll resemble your favorite slimey character and stay comfortable all day long.

Officially licensed
Dimensions: 21″ H x 13.5″ W x 13.5″ D
Material: Latex
Imported
WARNING: Do not use if allergic to latex or ammonia.

Ecto-1 Toddler Piggyback Costume
They’ll be callin’ your little one whenever there is paranormal activity! This officially licensed Ghostbusters piggyback costume is perfect for every ghost lover! This light up costume will keep your little one safe into the long night of trick-or-treating.

Officially licensed
Length: About 26″
Velcro closure
Batteries required: 2 AA (included)
Material: Polyester
Imported
Note: Shirt, pants and shoes sold separately
By Kingpin
twmedford23 wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:40 am Scalper already has these on ebay. Anyone know if he's a member here?

ghstbstr4lyfe
Oh yeah, we've heard of that particular member: ghstbstr4lyfe/JJS8807.

I don't know if you guys can view this or not, but the Southland Ghostbusters just did a promo video for Ghost Corps, previewing all of the new gear from Spirit. The functionality of the P.K.E. is pretty impressive: Link
featofstrength wrote: July 19th, 2018, 7:41 am Pre-ordered a trap last night and was able to use code 18fireworks to get 20% off...
Of course, then they added shipping and taxes...so I only saved $2.
Still, looking forward to this!
Thanks for the code. Every little helps. :cool:
Oh my god this is awesome! So nice being able to buy more stuff like this. I even though I think they're all great I may only get a pke meter as I already have my own pair of ecto goggles and I'm making my own trap. The equipment belt is nice though because it comes with all the little hangers (wish a certain GB store would restock them), but like the Anovos flightsuit, they don't have the side computer thing. Oh well. Maybe next year we'll get some GB2016 stuff. I want that pke meter and ghost trap so bad!
I'm not really feeling the goggles and the PKE is a little wonky, but not bad for the cost... the trap? The trap looks AMAZING and I'm hoping the switch in the handle is electric and NOT mechanical so we can modify those traps to have pedals :D
Man I remember back in 2010-2011 when Matty introduced their props. The builders on these forums went nuts about how much their details differed from the actual dials and knobs used on the real props.

Compared to these the Matty ones are pretty much identical to the movie props.

That PKE looks off when there was no need to mold it in that shape.

The trap looks ok I guess. Butfor $50+ bucks I don't know.

If someone can confirm the dimensions and details are a match with the V71 plans or any other established actual measurements from the movies then it's maybe worth a buy and a repaint.

But if the PKE is so incorrect the chances are that the trap can't be a 100% match in terms of dimensions.

If you have nothing I assume its worth buying it at thise price I guess.
All pretty impressive. I like the jacket. The PKE Meter does have the added advantage of a clip. I'm not buying another PKE meter until someone adds a functional EMF detector to it. The price Is right for the equipment.
I pre-ordered two of the PKE Meters and one of the traps. I already own a Matty Collector PKE Meter but I don't want to accidentally break it so having something that looks almost identical for much cheaper is very appealing to me. Having an extra one means I can have one at our booth at future con events to let kids play with to pose with us for pictures.
By BRD 527
I am totally going to order one of these PKE meters and a Trap for my nephews Halloween costume they are so perfect!

IDK about the goggles tho they look kinda wonky
By Kingpin
One time wrote: July 20th, 2018, 1:07 am Man I remember back in 2010-2011 when Matty introduced their props. The builders on these forums went nuts about how much their details differed from the actual dials and knobs used on the real props.

In fairness, the bar with Mattel was set pretty high early-on, only for it to start sliding even with their Ghost Trap.

Mattel may have marketed their props as high-end replicas, but Spirit Halloween has always aimed for the lower, more casual market. These aren't props designed to please the die-hard fans, they're for kids to go out Trick-or-Treating with.

Fans turned an examining eye (maybe overly-examining) eye on Mattel because it made a big effort with the P.K.E. Meter, and because it was plugging its stuff as highly-accurate... If memory serves. Most fans aren't getting critical with Spirit because Spirit isn't pretending these items are anything more than they are: cheap and cheerful Halloween costume accessories.
One time wrote: July 20th, 2018, 1:07 amThat PKE looks off when there was no need to mold it in that shape.
It may be that shape in order to make it more cost-effective to produce, it might be that shape to avoid having to pay fees to Iona over the shape of the shoe polisher.
Wow great looking stuff. I am pretty sure they are not accurate enough for the serious collector but for those that missed the Matty stuff this is good for them.

I did like that in the video they compared the Spirit stuff with the Matty stuff.
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: July 20th, 2018, 9:04 pm Wow great looking stuff. I am pretty sure they are not accurate enough for the serious collector but for those that missed the Matty stuff this is good for them.

I did like that in the video they compared the Spirit stuff with the Matty stuff.
What video?
Kingpin wrote: July 20th, 2018, 2:15 pm
One time wrote: July 20th, 2018, 1:07 am Man I remember back in 2010-2011 when Matty introduced their props. The builders on these forums went nuts about how much their details differed from the actual dials and knobs used on the real props.

In fairness, the bar with Mattel was set pretty high early-on, only for it to start sliding even with their Ghost Trap.

Mattel may have marketed their props as high-end replicas, but Spirit Halloween has always aimed for the lower, more casual market. These aren't props designed to please the die-hard fans, they're for kids to go out Trick-or-Treating with.

Fans turned an examining eye (maybe overly-examining) eye on Mattel because it made a big effort with the P.K.E. Meter, and because it was plugging its stuff as highly-accurate... If memory serves. Most fans aren't getting critical with Spirit because Spirit isn't pretending these items are anything more than they are: cheap and cheerful Halloween costume accessories.
One time wrote: July 20th, 2018, 1:07 amThat PKE looks off when there was no need to mold it in that shape.
It may be that shape in order to make it more cost-effective to produce, it might be that shape to avoid having to pay fees to Iona over the shape of the shoe polisher.
Dude you're right. Out of nowhere we are going to have fans attending events with real enough looking props thanks to Spirit Halloween. A multitude of fans who just buy and attend. That's what the fandom needs. More visibility.

Good on Spirit to make these available. The fandom needs more people who leave the house and attend events dressed in gear, hospitals and what not. Spirit is facilitating growing those numbers, as opposed to the niche market of hyper realistic movie props that people show their 4 best mates over a pint and nothing else.
By Kingpin
One time wrote: July 20th, 2018, 9:33 pmWhat video?
This video:
Kingpin wrote: July 19th, 2018, 1:26 pmI don't know if you guys can view this or not, but the Southland Ghostbusters just did a promo video for Ghost Corps, previewing all of the new gear from Spirit. The functionality of the P.K.E. is pretty impressive: Link
I ordered all of the new stuff, goggles, PKE, and Trap, hopeful it will cut costs down from building them myself, I have an Iona shoe polisher that I gutted and painted looks right but is not functional as I am not savvy enough for the moving arms but it does light up. I'm hoping the belt clip comes off. for the trap I was about to order a kit and start building but that's looking like a $500+ project so I plan on stripping the stickers adding plates and real knobs and proper V hook instead of the plastic belt hook thing, and goggles. well I was gonna build them, buddy of mine did some out of welding goggles, they don't look that great so these are ok, again gonna do some modifications, change the straps and good to go.
By 80sguy
The ghost trap and ecto goggle looks nice. The PKE meter looks ok. Them upgrading the straps on the Proton Pack is a nice touch and a turn off cause I already bought two packs last year and not sure if I want to chip in again.
jreverhart wrote: July 21st, 2018, 7:27 am I ordered all of the new stuff, goggles, PKE, and Trap, hopeful it will cut costs down from building them myself, I have an Iona shoe polisher that I gutted and painted looks right but is not functional as I am not savvy enough for the moving arms but it does light up. I'm hoping the belt clip comes off. for the trap I was about to order a kit and start building but that's looking like a $500+ project so I plan on stripping the stickers adding plates and real knobs and proper V hook instead of the plastic belt hook thing, and goggles. well I was gonna build them, buddy of mine did some out of welding goggles, they don't look that great so these are ok, again gonna do some modifications, change the straps and good to go.
I am hoping the same thing for the clip for the PKE Meter, but so long as it's easy to dremel off I'll be happy with that.
By Kingpin
80sguy wrote: July 21st, 2018, 1:56 pmThem upgrading the straps on the Proton Pack is a nice touch and a turn off cause I already bought two packs last year and not sure if I want to chip in again.
It it makes the decision not to buy the upgraded Pack easier, the straps are still inaccurate due to being black/very dark gray. They should've made the straps from an olive drab-coloured material. So you might as well not buy the upgraded ones, but instead install your own straps. :)
By 80sguy
Kingpin wrote: July 21st, 2018, 4:40 pmIt it makes the decision not to buy the upgraded Pack easier, the straps are still inaccurate due to being black/very dark gray. They should've made the straps from an olive drab-coloured material. So you might as well not buy the upgraded ones, but instead install your own straps. :)
I'm afraid of accidently breaking the thing if I try installing my own straps. Even if the colours are wrong, the straps being like that are still more accurate than the other one, if not more comfortable at least.
Is there a friendly Ghosthead out there who would be willing to purchase and post a trap out to the UK for a fellow fan?

Currently I can't seem to access the Spirit Halloween site, but I know they didn't ship to the UK last year. Assuming this is still the case.

Obviously all costs would be paid for.
The Nickaton traps look more authentic, but they're £200 assembled.

The trap is $50 + I expect a max $60 postage + maybe a customs charge. I still think it will work out around half the cost.

Edit: Got the trap and PKE price confused.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]