I'm afraid the info we know is limited. A "professional Cadillac owner" was in contact part of the movie's production, and eventually agreed to sell his 1959 Miller Meteor (for an inflated price by his own admission), knowing it would be converted into a replica of Ecto-1.

It's possibly it had been listed for sale at some point, which is how Jason and the film's production came across it.
That answers quite a lot; I was fairly certain that they wouldn’t have distressed the hero car from GB1, but wasn’t sure about 1A. Depending on what happens with this film, it’s certainly possible that 1A will be pressed back into service as a duplicate for future projects. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it makes sense from the studio’s perspective.
Kingpin wrote: August 15th, 2019, 11:21 am I'm afraid the info we know is limited. A "professional Cadillac owner" was in contact part of the movie's production, and eventually agreed to sell his 1959 Miller Meteor (for an inflated price by his own admission), knowing it would be converted into a replica of Ecto-1.

It's possibly it had been listed for sale at some point, which is how Jason and the film's production came across it.

Lol - for a second, i thought that could 've been... but - no :wink: ....

I just recently came across this video - - ( https://youtu.be/vXzun79XaGQ?t=676 ) - - from the 2019 Fan-Fest, where somebody (TheDailyWoo) happened to meet videobob, who bragged about he's gonna meet ivan reitman now and his "...two ecto's, a 1960 and a 59s that we're building right now, getting ready for Ghostbusters 3 .." :?:

Well, but - ehm..... no; it's still more likely he's pointing out to get them ready, to be prepared for another expectedly upcoming weave of GB-interest and/or events that come up in the following of the 2020-movie, since..... if he actually was in any way involved in the development of GB3, i doubt he would have to go to the fan-fest to meet up with ivan ... plus the timing (the should already have the car ready to go at that point i guess) does not really match either.
obiwanjabroni liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]