By Coover5
Walmart uses "Out of Stock" for items they will get more of and "Sold Out" for items that are permanently gone. That's giving me hope they will have more. And since they are still in the preorder stage I'm hoping that those of us who order when the figures are restocked will still get them June 2nd.
deadderek liked this
By 910dohead
Don't forget that these are also supposed to be sold in store as well. Unless I am wrong, Hasbro never said anything about this being solely an online Walmart exclusive. Yeah, sold out means gone for good. Out of stock just means Walmart and Hasbro have to figure out how many more they can order/how many more can be made.
Last November I ordered a TV from Walmart online during their "Black Friday" sale.
Walmart had seven of them in-stock and my pickup time was for later that day which change to pickup Saturday when the site still had three in stock.
Then that changed Sunday when they sent me a email telling me they were sold out and it would be two weeks for the item to be restocked.

That Monday I received another email stating that my order was canceled and I would get a refund (which ended up taking TWO WEEKS) so when I called my local Walmart where the TV was ordered from and the Manager said " Well the sites stock isn't Accurate and We probably sold out Thursday", so I would take anything on Walmart online with a grain of salt. :sigh:
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
^Yes. I've had problems like this with buying on Walmart's website then picking in store pickup. Pretty every time, I'm better off making the drive and going to the store to get what I was looking for. And if the shelf is empty, 50:50 I can find a worker or manager who can go in the back I can find it or use their price gun to do a successful search.
By Bison256
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: February 26th, 2020, 12:58 pm @Bison 256, I have not heard any thing about Hasbro reissuing the Ecto 1 from the Kenner toy line yet. Hopefully if the reissued Real Ghostbusters action figures sell well enough, Hasbro might consider offering Ecto 1 and other Kenner era toys for sale.
Here's hoping they decide to re issue wave 2, I would really like to get another ecto-1 and fire house in new condition at a reasonable price. Since the price of these figures is relatively close to the original adjusted for inflation by looking at old toy catalogs the Fire house would be about $97.62 and ecto-1 $49.94. This is the lower estimate because different catalogs scans have different prices.
By Kingpin
It'd be nice to see the Firehouse and Ecto-1 get a re-release, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The figures were an obvious choice because they're small, a reasonably safe bet they'll sell, and not a huge amount of production is needed to go into them. Ecto-1 and the Firehouse are much bigger commitments and greater loss leaders, so Hasbo may decide to play it safe and keep the Classics line solely to the figures.
deadderek liked this
By ccv66
I cannot imagine they're going to make two different Ectos in the same scale. Which is a bummer because I pre fer the Kenner Ecto over the Hasbro. However With all the small kids in my family and it being in scale with Kenner, I'm most excited for the Fright features. I'm sure we'll get an Firehouse, but I doubt they'll make one as big as the Kenners. What I really want is a $30 Kenner trap.
Coover5 liked this
By Coover5
Earliest I can find for the figures going live is February 25th 12:17pm est and they sold out by February 28th 8:00am est. Any one have earlier times for those? I know someone mentioned the figures selling out on the 26th but that must have been a glitch as Slimer and Puft were still purchasable after that time.
By Coover5
Not sure how they would handle that. Perhaps calling it the Ghostbusters Kenner Classics was intentional so if they do Fright Features in the future it could simply be called Ghostbusters Kenner Classics Wave 2 as to not cause confusion with their new Fright Features line.
I am glad that Zavvi in the United Kingdom still has all six action figures for sale(Wal Mart took down the links for Slimer and Stay Puft this past weekend). I am planning on pre-ordering them from Zavvi, rather then wait for Wal Mart to list them again.
Looking forward to adding these to my collection when they ship.
Coover5 liked this
By ccv66
Walmart is absolutely terrible with pre orders. The Ninja turtles arcade1up was a nightmare. I'm sure the Kenner line will be easy to get when it starts getting closer to the release date. The pre order being "sold out" doesn't mean anything
Coover5 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 3:51 pm Could it be because it's up to Walmart to decide? I really don't know. It's a weird answer either way.
Maybe Walmart is going to make a decision based on demand after this week's pre sales, like looking at how fast the pre-orders were posted then sold out online, then decide if they want to stock physical stores or not. Based on what's happened, it would seem like they should stock physical locations.
Coover5 liked this
@VenomSymbiote, I kept checking Wal Mart's website for a few days after the links got taken down myself. I am hopeful that the links will go back up in the near future so Ghost Heads who did not get a chance to pre-order their action figures can.

I ordered my action figures from Zavvi in the United Kingdom and I got my confirmation email as well. Even with them shipping from England to the United States, I am sure it will be worth the wait.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: March 4th, 2020, 3:09 pm @VenomSymbiote, I kept checking Wal Mart's website for a few days after the links got taken down myself. I am hopeful that the links will go back up in the near future so Ghost Heads who did not get a chance to pre-order their action figures can.

I ordered my action figures from Zavvi in the United Kingdom and I got my confirmation email as well. Even with them shipping from England to the United States, I am sure it will be worth the wait.
I still have a few of my old figures with a couple I had to replace through ebay. I'd just like to support these because not only is it my childhood, but I'd love if they made some new figures in the RGB line. I really really want some official figures based on things like Boogeyman, Grundel, Sam Hain, etc. I loved the toys as a kid but the lack of actual ghosts from the show being some of the toys still bums me out to this day.
VenomSymbiote wrote: March 5th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: March 4th, 2020, 3:09 pm @VenomSymbiote, I kept checking Wal Mart's website for a few days after the links got taken down myself. I am hopeful that the links will go back up in the near future so Ghost Heads who did not get a chance to pre-order their action figures can.

I still have a few of my old figures with a couple I had to replace through ebay. I'd just like to support these because not only is it my childhood, but I'd love if they made some new figures in the RGB line. I really really want some official figures based on things like Boogeyman, Grundel, Sam Hain, etc. I loved the toys as a kid but the lack of actual ghosts from the show being some of the toys still bums me out to this day.
God, I'd love a line based on the citizen ghost episide with the 4 main characters all in kakis uniforms and a ghost version with glow in dark transparent head and glow in dark painted hands. So 8 figures in total.
The diamond select Citizen Ghost figures are great. The odd creepy heads on the base busters fit well with their ghostly counterparts. If you haven't snagged those I recommend them. Rays overly exaggerated shit eating grin is perfect for his ghost counterpart for example.
I'm very excited for these and very much look forward to going toy hunting in wal-mart's the way it should be done ;) and grabbing a few of these. So happy to see these back.
I think that is interesting that Hasbro choose to use the Proton Pack mold that was used on the 1988 reissues of the first series action figures (which was also used for the Proton Packs that came with the Slimed Heroes and Ecto Glow Heroes series) rather than the original Proton Pack mold(which had the cord connecting the pack to the Proton Wand coming out of the bottom). Regardless the action figures look great and I am glad that I got my wish of Hasbro reissuing Real Ghostbusters action figures using the original molds that Kenner used.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: March 14th, 2020, 4:30 pm I think that is interesting that Hasbro choose to use the Proton Pack mold that was used on the 1988 reissues of the first series action figures (which was also used for the Proton Packs that came with the Slimed Heroes and Ecto Glow Heroes series) rather than the original Proton Pack mold(which had the cord connecting the pack to the Proton Wand coming out of the bottom). Regardless the action figures look great and I am glad that I got my wish of Hasbro reissuing Real Ghostbusters action figures using the original molds that Kenner used.
My guess is that's all they could find in their archives.
By deadderek
SeikoVoiceNote29 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:00 pm Yes but why no word on these since they “sold out” pre-virus in the US coverage inundation?
What are you looking for? They're sold out atm, no one knows if they'll make more amd Hasbro isn't saying either way atm.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]