That's cool that people are finding them in stores now, but I still haven't seen 'em in my Walmart, and I'm gonna be pissed if I still have to wait until June for my pre-order to arrive. What a gyp...
By Kingpin
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:35 am I've been tempted to check local Wal-Marts here in Canada...but not looking to line up around the building to just "see"
It's only justifiable checking for the figures if you also have to purchase some essential items. I know it's hard not being able to just go out to grab them, but keeping unnecessary travel/exposure to an absolute minimum is paramount.
Wedgeismyhero liked this
I'm an essential services worker and I work overnight currently so frankly...I don't like going anywhere period right now let alone checking for toys. It's those protesting numbskulls who need to be told to stay home.
Frustrated - Brickseek said 2 different stores I checked had them, and one was completely blanked on the pegs and the other didn't even have pegs set up. Super frustrating, though I realize toys are of the least importance in these times, it's kind of nice to have something joyful to look forward to. Thankfully, I did find the items I really needed, but I just hate that if a street date is out there that clearly none of the Wal-Marts in my area are following it. I have like 10 different Wal-Marts in drivable distances and even called a few, to no avail. These people have no clue what I'm even asking about, which is also unsettling. How do you have no idea about your own products? I specifically ask for the toy department every time as well, just so I don't get a random grocer or gardening person.
@rgamble84, Yes Zavvi is based in England so your action figures will be coming from overseas. I ordered my Kenner action figures from them too, since I was never able to get them from Wal Mart. I got an email from them recently about my order.
Here is what they told me:
Thank you for placing order# XXXXXXX with us.

We are really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Hasbro Ghostbusters Kenner Classics Winston Zeddemore and Chomper Ghost Retro Action Figure is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect your order to be dispatched on or before week commencing 30/06/2020.

Hope this helps.
man, this has got to be one of the most frustrating times I've had as a collector. I haven't left my house in over a month b/c members of my family are very high risk. I collect about 5 licenses only. All deeply rooted to my childhood. Ghostbusters is one of them. When Hasbro announced the Kenner Classics, I was pumped to say the least. Now, it's coming out and I'm at home learning what Instacart and Shipt is. Wiping essentials down that have been left on my doorstep. It's crazy, all I want to do is stop by a WalMart or two on my way home from work everyday- but it's not a possibility right now. It's nuts. I can't believe I'm at home all day. Everyday. With my wife & kids. Never would I have imagined I'd be living through a global pandemic. I have my priorities straight, and that's what makes the circumstances so frustrating! Watching scalpers scoop them up and double+ the price on eBay is just salt in the wound. If you're still with me, thanks for reading, needed some interaction!
Coover5, Kingpin, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
I sorta know what you mean, slaysghosts.

Of the many things that could define our 30s or 40s... A global pandemic and corresponding lockdown is definitely one of the suckiest things we could've encountered.
Went out for a few necessities yesterday and Walmart had none. Can't find any place online with them either. Hopefully I get a chance to hop on these again some time because I was really looking forward to these guys.
While having this at our adult collecting and independent age does suck at least were able to still leave. I'm sure there's a few collectors who are at high risk and are much more reliant on the internet to get their items right now which as we know are still very much not as reliable...or fun as finding them is stores.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote:....... I'm sure there's a few collectors who are at high risk and are much more reliant on the internet to get their items right now which as we know are still very much not as reliable...or fun as finding them is stores.
yep, sucks. I sat around WalMart's website yesterday, hit refresh throughout the day and snagged Peter, Egon, Ray, Winston, & Slimer Kenner Classics. All at separate times. No free shipping on $15 only purchase. So frustrating knowing I could have had free shipping but ended up paying $30 and each one will come in a separate box. Hey, never thought out loud about it til I typed it...each one, not hitting the shelf, getting put in it's own separate shipping box....maybe they'll be mint.....one can hope that's a silver lining.
Bison256 wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 4:37 pm And yet the pre orders haven't shipped yet...
I suspect the people who'd normally have been handling that have been swamped with food deliveries, and have had to put it on the back burner as they're not an essential item to deliver.
I don't know if I saw it here or reddit, but someone called Walmart's online support number and asked about their preorder. Walmart claimed that the store's stock and the online stock were different. But if slaysghosts was able to order recently that doesn't hold water.
I wouldn't expect them to be popping back on the website anytime soon.

If there's a Walmart near you and you need something essential, you could work the toy aisle into your trip... But only if you have essential shopping.
I don't think Kenner rgbs are at that many West coast Walmarts. Been to 5 Wal-Marts in a 30 mile radius almost daily, haven't seen a trace of them. I'd wait to June when they're supposed to ship pre ordes. If you still can't find them by then, scalp them. Walmart just sucks for exclusives. I pre-ordered stuff from Walmart months in advance just for you dang East coasters to randomly pick them up from the store weeks before it's shipped to me
ccv66 wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 8:25 pm I don't think Kenner rgbs are at that many West coast Walmarts. Been to 5 Wal-Marts in a 30 mile radius almost daily, haven't seen a trace of them. I'd wait to June when they're supposed to ship pre ordes. If you still can't find them by then, scalp them. Walmart just sucks for exclusives. I pre-ordered stuff from Walmart months in advance just for you dang East coasters to randomly pick them up from the store weeks before it's shipped to me
I live on the East Coast and neither of the two Walmarts I frequent have had them. If preorders aren't going out until June, maybe they aren't meant to be on store shelves by then either? I guess I don't mind paying a little extra for them as long as it's not an insanely high price hike. Not gonna pay 30+ per figure though that's for sure.
Proton Props UK

In the uk a prize draw of this kind with only a pa[…]

Uniform Tips

You're going to be going to cons, not hiking up Sn[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]