During today's Pulse Con, toy company Hasbro had two main announcements regarding the expansion of their Ghostbusters toylines.

For the Kenner Classics series, Hasbro will be producing a brand-new version of the original Ghost Popper, with an updated colour scheme which brings it in line with other pieces of equipment from the original 1980s run.

Priced to retail for $19.99, the Ghost Popper is scheduled for release on January 1st, 2021.

For the Plasma Series, Hasbro will be producing a 1/18th scale replica of Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters: Afterlife, featuring rust and dirt detailing, Gunner seat, and a further feature (which you'll have to visit the topic to see due to it being a small spoiler for the movie).

Priced to retail for $49.99, the Ecto-1 is scheduled for release on January 1st, 2021.
I must admit the Ghost Popper announcement is disappointing. My least favorite of the Kenner role play equipment. Of all the options really?
There’s gotta be more they just can’t show with the movie still 6 months away.

Ecto-1 looks real nice but what’s with the crazy preorder issues happening again?
All of Hasbro’s plans have clearly still been impacted from Covid, doesn’t matter which retailer. Or is the demand for this Ecto REALLY that high also?
Quick question. And no judgements, I’m just curious. I’m assuming everyone is all adults here, correct? So what do you all do with these toys? Display them? Play with them?

My sister, bless her heart, knows how big of a Ghostbusters fan I am so when Matty Collector was a thing she got me all the stuff they offered. The proton pack wand, the PKE meter, the goggles. Plus these huge 12 inch figures of the GBs. They are all just sitting in boxes collecting dust in my closet. Some, like the figures, haven’t even been opened out of their original packaging. I’ve thought about displaying them but...my place has a very specific aesthetic(I call it post modern rustic) & having a bunch of merchandise out & about just wouldn’t work. The lady that did my interior decorating would probably have a stroke lol Plus when I have members of the opposite sex over it, well let’s just say the last thing I want them to see are a bunch of toys(especially ones they can’t play with).

So what do you do? Display them proudly? Play with them? Keep them in the original packaging as an investment?
darthbuster liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 27th, 2020, 2:10 am Quick question. And no judgements, I’m just curious. I’m assuming everyone is all adults here, correct? So what do you all do with these toys? Display them? Play with them?

My sister, bless her heart, knows how big of a Ghostbusters fan I am so when Matty Collector was a thing she got me all the stuff they offered. The proton pack wand, the PKE meter, the goggles. Plus these huge 12 inch figures of the GBs. They are all just sitting in boxes collecting dust in my closet. Some, like the figures, haven’t even been opened out of their original packaging. I’ve thought about displaying them but...my place has a very specific aesthetic(I call it post modern rustic) & having a bunch of merchandise out & about just wouldn’t work. The lady that did my interior decorating would probably have a stroke lol Plus when I have members of the opposite sex over it, well let’s just say the last thing I want them to see are a bunch of toys(especially ones they can’t play with).

So what do you do? Display them proudly? Play with them? Keep them in the original packaging as an investment?
For me I'm a geek & damn happy about it. If someone comes over and has a problem with my room having geek stuff all over it...they can leave.

I have movie posters, some Ectos, etc and it's never impacted my ability to get la-- I mean get dates or enter relationships.
deadderek wrote: September 27th, 2020, 4:08 am
RichardLess wrote: September 27th, 2020, 2:10 am Quick question. And no judgements, I’m just curious. I’m assuming everyone is all adults here, correct? So what do you all do with these toys? Display them? Play with them?

For me I'm a geek & damn happy about it. If someone comes over and has a problem with my room having geek stuff all over it...they can leave.

I have movie posters, some Ectos, etc and it's never impacted my ability to get la-- I mean get dates or enter relationships.
Yeah. Let’s just say I have relationship issues about showing people who I really am & leave it at that. It’s funny. Writing about that above paragraph made me realize almost how my place is almost a metaphor for my life lol.
I mean, it is true displaying merchandise would absolutely go against the design scheme. I can’t think of anyway where displaying my stuff wouldn’t look wrong. Maybe I just need the right curio cabinet.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ashamed of being a geek. But it’s not something I advertise either.
darthbuster liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 27th, 2020, 8:08 amYeah. Let’s just say I have relationship issues about showing people who I really am & leave it at that. It’s funny. Writing about that above paragraph made me realize almost how my place is almost a metaphor for my life lol.
I mean, it is true displaying merchandise would absolutely go against the design scheme. I can’t think of anyway where displaying my stuff wouldn’t look wrong. Maybe I just need the right curio cabinet.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ashamed of being a geek. But it’s not something I advertise either.
Is it a place you own, or do you rent it from someone else?

If it's a place you own... Then I'm almost inclined to say there's something a bit off in the home/homeowner relationship...
The "domicile" should reflect the resident's personality, and while I get the desire to not go overboard, I also do feel that the decor shouldn't override whether you wish to display something or not. The decor should cater to your interests, not the other way around. :)
Coover5, darthbuster liked this
You gotta be who you are man. If someone is going to have a problem with it, better to find out the first time they come over than once you're already committed.
Just start with a bookcase or some kind of shelf in the bedroom.

Far as your question goes. I don't see a point if you don't rip em open and play with em.
Coover5, deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:53 am
RichardLess wrote: September 27th, 2020, 8:08 amYeah. Let’s just say I have relationship issues about showing people who I really am & leave it at that. It’s funny. Writing about that above paragraph made me realize almost how my place is almost a metaphor for my life lol.

Is it a place you own, or do you rent it from someone else?

If it's a place you own... Then I'm almost inclined to say there's something a bit off in the home/homeowner relationship...
The "domicile" should reflect the resident's personality, and while I get the desire to not go overboard, I also do feel that the decor shouldn't override whether you wish to display something or not. The decor should cater to your interests, not the other way around. :)
Yes I own my home. I should point out though that design & aesthetic are *extremely* important to me. My place very much reflects my personality & design tastes. Don’t get me wrong, I love ghostbusters. But I also love fashion, modern art & architecture. After this COVID thing is over I’m putting in a home theatre with carpeting, sound proofing, rowed recliner seats, LED lights, the works. It was suppose to be done in July but yet another thing COVID ruined. I thought about displaying my stuff in there. Maybe I’ll post some pictures when it’s all done, if that ever happens. I’ve already got the movie posters that will hang in there framed. My GB1 poster has everyone‘s signature but Rick Moranis.

Anyways, I somehow turned this into a thing about me when i very much was curious about what you all do with your collectibles.
darthbuster liked this
I think the movie room is the perfect place to display your items.

What I do with my stuff varies. The Kenner figures that Hasbro put out I have on display in packaging because the packaging itself is as nice to look at as the figures. I keep my Funko pops out of their package because the packaging is so plain. And any diamond select figures I got I removed from package because the packaging is so bulky it takes up too much room.
Last edited by Coover5 on September 27th, 2020, 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingpin liked this
At the moment I have some of my Ghostbusters figures and collectibles on display on a shelf in my room, but a lot of stuff is currently in storage.

When I get my own place? I don't yet know, but I'll be interested to see what options I get when I have my own abode.
deadderek liked this
I’d say google and pin interest geek man caves. You’ll find a lot of really tastefully done comic book and collector caves out there. If you like ghostbusters etc. Then display your collection in your taste, get your interior decorator involved and curate a small sampling of your collection. Life’s too short not to enjoy your collection, and if you feel no need to hang on to all of it or any of it sell it and put the money to things that will bring you joy.

That’s what I’m trying to go for once I get my basement is completed and my items are displayed. I also am trying to limit the items in my collection as well so it’s not overbearing. I also sell / clear out items as my interest and taste changes as well.
Kingpin liked this
I got a decent size armoire cabinet. It holds packs props, figures and books ect. 99% of the time doors a left open. I definitely enjoy it more when they're easily accesed. I used to buy something check out for 10 mins, then put it back in the box never see it again. Now it's easy to grab a book to read, show friends or shut the doors if I people over. You can get any armoire cabinet to match the style of your house. Plus if I have real small kids over I can throw a rubber band over the handles.

Recently started making one room into a theater, so moving alot of stuff into there for display
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]