After more than a year it's time to bring this thread back from the dead. After taking some time off from building Ghostbusters related props I'm diving back in with the slime blower.
First I got a hold of another 9 inch post cover for the main tank.
I then got the measurements for the main tank then started my cutting.
Cutting the second piece.
Taped them together to see if anything needs to be adjusted.
Then I had to figure out how to secure both ends together. I cut six, 8 inch long pieces of steel and drilled them out to be pop riveted in place once I figured out my placement.
The holes were drilled into the plastic and then the rivets were sunk in.
The steel plates are now in place inside the first piece.
Joining both ends together.
One of the post covers was about 1/4 wider then the other so after both ends were joined I had some over hang that had to be cut. I will go into detail on this in my next post.