This is a supplemental post to my ongoing SB build found here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =6&t=30268

Although my SB is a work in progress, I have pretty much wrapped up a significant portion of the tank assembly. One of the issues nagging me was the Xerox part number/serial number information found on the pump boxes. Although such nitpicking typically fall into the realm of obsessive accuracy nuts (of which I firmly consider myself one), I think it's the small details that really make a build stand out. On that note, I dug around for fonts to match the lettering found on the pump boxes on the original prop.

My google-fu was sorely lacking to say the least on my quest for a suitable font. I couldn't find anything that matched the little details of the lettering above (ie the way the O looks like an egg and how the number 5 is very distinct). I decided to plop down in front of Illustrator and take a stab at it myself. Results are as follows:

Now, I am certainly no graphic artist by any stretch of the imagination. I just bang away at the computer to get what I need when it comes to labeling/graphics. On that note, please have mercy on my work. Also, I have no clear reference shots of the first portion of the serial number, aside from the fact it starts with a 2, so I just used my own license to fill it out. The last four digits, 8016, are correct to the original prop.

I've saved the files in PDF format, should one choose to add them to their build. They're scaled to the superb pump boxes put out by irrican, but the labels should work on any build. If someone wants to the original AI file to tweak/improve PM me and I'll be happy to email it to you.

Goff
Heyya, Goffcorp! I must first thank you for making these files available. They are beautiful, and really add a lot to the blowers.

I do have one critique, however. ;) This PDF seem to be for use as a base for a dry rub transfer, but after a few nights of researching custom dry rub transfers, I decided it'd be easier to make a custom rubber stamp that you can use an infinite amount of times.

Just crop the file so it only includes one single decal. Make sure the border is cropped out, and save it as a .PNG file.
Then, upload it to the following site, and you've got a set of custom serial number labels!

http://www.rubberstamps.net/Art-Stamps.aspx

I hope this little tip helps the rest of you blower builders out there!
Here's a shot of my first attempt at stamping it on after spraying some black paint on the stamp, itself. I sort of like the weathered effect I got, so I doubt I'll re-stamp it later.

Kingpin, irricanian, XxEctOxX and 2 others liked this
That. Looks. Fantastic!

I did think of going the stamp route while creating the graphic, but ended up using some clear waterslide laser decal paper instead. I had a ton leftover from some xwing-helmets I worked on. Once it was applied and clearcoated, the seams are incredibly difficult to see..

I do however love the look the stamp provides. Much more authentic. Quality stuff!!! :)

Goff
I've been meaning to make this post for some time. Finally got a new laptop today, so I am able to access all my old files. Among them, I had backed up this label template that Goffcorp created.
Once again, I did not create this file. I am just posting it here so that people have access to it again.

https://imgur.com/a/aestN

Hanotron liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]