We decided to Use Both Slimer 7's and The collaborative plans as reference, in this project. Also GBash who's a friend of mine let me Borrow his Slime Blower as a size reference as well. WHILE I DO NOT INTEND THIS TO BE A 100% ACCURATE PROJECT I do hope it respectfully represents the slime blower.
Here are the early stages of getting things cut, for the pump boxes, and other nessacary compartments on the blower. We also made the base as well.
While we did Use a Nail gun/ JB weld and Bondo on this project we also used some Liquid nail to reinforce some of the seams on the boxes.
A little Pump Box Fabrication action.
I originally wanted to Use a 9in carpet tube i snagged form the hotel i worked at when they were changing their rugs int he rooms. But in fear of it not being sturdy enough and having things screwed into it and bolted I opted for an 8" piece of PVC.
I felt much more happy with this change in plans
My dad and i were scratching our heads as to what the hell to use for the domes on the tanks. I kept saying to use bowls and things that would of worked but just wouldnt look as ice as they should of. Then my dad said LOOK if we are doing this project and putting so much TLC into it, we might as well do it right. So after a couple days searching the endless reaches of the internet. He Bought these bad boys. They took a few weeks to come in. But my god are they awesome.
We ended up sanding down the flange that' s on them to make them fit correctly on the tanks.
So after we sanded down the edges, they fit like a glove! So we took some bondo and went around the edges and threw these puppies together.
After they dried and weren't going anywhere, we skim coated everything in bondo that way we would have a nice even surface to sand and make them look mighty purty.
We also skim coated the base and the other boxes as well for sanding
I used Norton 3x grade sand paper to do all the nessacary sanding.
All sanded down and ready to go, for priming and painting WOOT
But Before we primed and painted we wanted to make sure we got the correct way we wanted to mount these suckers. We used some Pieces of metal and we cut and sledged them to size. We also used some self tappers and i forgot what they are called but the screws with the clamps on them to keep things snug. (See why i the chef and my dads a contractor lol).
There They are all pretty maids all in a row lol. All primed and ready for actual color on them.
I was a little worried about them hanging from the tape like that.....but whats the worse that could happen right?!?!?!....WRONG lol. The tank on the right, the tape broke and the bottom dome smashed a good chunk out of the bottom. But nothing a little bondo couldn't fix.
This Time around we opted for something a little more sturdier. First few coats of pain are on the tanks and the base. We also sprayed some clear coat on them this way it would give them nice shine, plus no fingerprints lol.
We also painted the pump boxes and drilled the holes for the correct pattern on them, Seeing as these were made out of wood and not the metal real deal.
I know each box is missing a row of holes under the main spot where the hose goes into, but thats cool with me. I love how they turned out!
Probably the biggest thing we didn't know what to used, was for the Aux sphere connecting to the pump box. We tried filling a toy ball with spray foam, we try Styrofoam, craft foam. But we finally went to the craft store again and found a 3 tiered craft tree that you could decorate and the middle ball was a perfect 6" and we said BINGO!. So we bought it and took what we needed.We then Skim coated it in bondo and sanded it down and left it to dry with another coat.
So today i had a day off, So my dad and I did some mounting with the finished painted tanks.....and man and i one excited guy! I love the way this thing is turning out!
I also have purchased the boxes for the gun from Nick-a-Tron, as well as heat sinks. I know they are pack heat sinks but i have an extra one at the house and will modify them to my liking and use them. I also bought the project boxes that house the lights from the GB fans shop as well as the Grip for the handle. So Far this build is over the span of a month and a half, and i'm excited to continue and look forward to sharing my progress with you fine people! I have so many more progress pictures almost step by step but i don't want to go to crazy with the pictures haha.
Oh and here is the light kit i bought from eBay, off of Jupiter electronics. Sadly it doesn't fit in the box provided buy the gbfans shop. But i' m going to fabricate on myself anyways.
I'm excited to share this project with you guys! and feel free to comment or give me suggestions that would help, with anything i may encounter while building this piece of slime awesomeness. I hope to update soon!