By Hybrid
#4843396
I am currently building a "Close Enough" Slime Blower to have something for when I'm out busting with my fellow Windy City/South Shore Ghostbusters so I can really take my time putting my Proton Pack together. So what do I mean by "close enough?" I mean I'm on a tight budget, but I'm trying to not sacrifice quality.

For the tanks, I decided to go with the Concrete tube/Paper Mache route for the main, with a 4" and 5" shipping tube on the sides.
Image

Found this nifty looking ground effect bike light that will work for the bar light on the tank, eventually.

Image

Work is currently undergoing on the thrower

So I decided to go with the method of using a 5" furnace duct for the thrower body.

I found this 6" bar ice bucket at a resale shop for less than $2. I know it isn't exactly like the cone in the movie, but I like it and I will make it work.

Image

This is it on the thrower body with the endcap already on the bottom.

Image

The part that flares out at the bottom of the nozzle, which makes it look bell-shaped, was cut off using a dremel and swear words.

Next, I made holes for the hose couplings. Again, I know, not screen accurate, but they were given to me. Those were larger than the real connectors, which is what dictated a 5" thrower tube and not the 4" that I see a lot of people use.

Image

I then laid out and drilled holes to imitate the piano hinge by using the seam of the duct work.

Image

I filled in the holes with rivets because it was faster and cheaper than buying bolts and nuts for each of the holes, and it kept the similar look.

Image

Drilled a hole for the Legris elbow on the top and put a red wire in it.

Image

Attatched D-rings...

Image

With the back D-ring, I had to clock it a little since I didn't like the way it initially hung as the top angled into me while I was wearing it. To fill in the holes from the first D-ring bracket, I made a knob and put a red LED in. What mistake?

Image

Holes happened on the cone... You can also see the cone is now trimmed as well so it looks more like a cone and less like a bell.

Image

Paint happened on the connectors.

Image

Image

I think they look great!

Image

I took them off and painted the endcap.

Image

Put the connectors back on and I really like it.

Image

Image

Bolted together two L brackets and drilled a hole through the middle.

Image

Contoured this piece of aluminum using a vice and hammer.

Image

Bolted through the conduit and aluminum, put a nylock nut on (for spacing) and put an acorn nut on top. secured with the 6" hose clamps.

Image

Painted the doll rod handle black and screwed it on.

Image

Image

this is my lever (It's since had the handle off and been painted Aluminum.)

Image

That's a big 11mm LED.

Image

I made another hole for a second Legris elbow and fabricated the top box.

Image

I used a drain cover for the nozzle tip piece.

Image

This will come in handy for the nozzle...

Image

I'm going to rig up a purple strobe light so the nozzle will look like this when it's done.

Image

And that's all I have for now... Feel free to give any insights or comments.
Tyrael, alphabeta001 liked this
By alphabeta001
#4844288
Brilliant. Loving the look of this. I will resist making one of these for myself. I will!
[SPOILERS] NEW GB MOVIE SUMMER 2020!

Somehow this new family may be Spengler's kin[…]

Just shot a request for a Nomex GB1 style suit. I […]

All I can say is, I really envy you Fritz, lol. Yo[…]

Greetings from London

Nice to see another Londoner on the board, Jim! We[…]