How is this gun not finished?!
I aim to fix that soon. I'm nearing the end of fabrication, and will soon be able to assemble this beast.
A couple years ago, I was able to get some good reference photos of the gun handle. Unfortunately, I'm not able to share those images with the community. I am able to show everyone my findings in the form of blueprints and replicated parts, however. One of the main pieces I got reference of is the ball valve handle.
There is one photo I was able to find in the public showing the handle. Here it is:
From this image, you should be able to verify that the general shape of my build is correct. It's hard to extrapolate much more than that from the above image, but it gives you a grounds to trust that what I'm saying is relatively accurate.
Here are my plans for the KoCo Slime Blower Ball Valve Handle.
(Direct link here: https://i.imgur.com/6VfXeKd.jpg
The next part is derived from the wonderful plans that ThrowingChicken sells. His plans are what my build is based on. He did an amazing job with the limited reference he had. One thing that was not quite right however was the trench that the ball valve handle swivels through on the side of the gun. With his permission, I altered his blueprints and am able to share this information with everyone. (Thank you!)
(Direct link here: https://i.imgur.com/2OLBgwx.jpg
Here's my build!
I started off by cutting the appropriate parts from a 14 gauge sheet of A36 mild steel. Not a lot to say here other than a file is your best friend when cutting that hole in the middle.
I then bent it into shape with the ol' vice (not liquor, the metal one).
After that, I sent it off to get welded by a family member. Post welding, it's not perfect, but it's looking pretty good! There's some hard grinds on there, so we gotta smooth that out. There's also some bevels that need to be done.
Here it is cleaned up a little bit. I could have gone further with it, but that's alright. I wanted to take photos to post. I'll do more on it later. I also cut a 3/4" dowel in half, painted the end red, and stuffed it into the classic AME bike grip. In the first photo in this post, you can kind of see that the handle is mounted like this on the original prop.
I mounted the ball valve in the gun body temporarily with some wire so I could take some shots and help line up the handle and reshape where necessary.
That's all for now! I have to figure out how to fit this larger 1.5" ball valve stem onto a smaller .75" ball valve, then the updates will continue, as I don't really want to use a reducer to go from .75" to 1.5" inside the gun. For now, enjoy! I'm excited for what's to come!