Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By l3w1sb159
Hey guys,

As you may or may not have seen I've started a "noob build thread" on the proton pack page.
This is the first time I have ever attempted to build anything like this before, so might be in the deep end and have had; and will more than likely have even more questions to ask about the process.

But super pumped to be working towards making a childhood dream happen, of owning my own proton pack!
:cool:
By Kingpin
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, we're here to help. :)

The first bit of advice to give you is for you to ask yourself what kind of Proton Pack you want to build.

The second bit of advice I'll pass on to you is avoid buying anything from VideoBob and Viking Props, they might appear to offer some appealing options for the first-time builder, but the quality-control on their parts is very poor, and in the case of Bob, some of it ripped off the work of other prop builders.
By l3w1sb159
Thanks guys,

Well I've already started my build of a Benofkent kit on another thread. It's going to be "my" pack, so not trying to replicate any screen used pack but taking little details I like from various packs and putting them together.

Unfortunately I fell pray to vikingprops about 5 or 6 years ago, a very naive me bought a £500 ready built pack off their etsy page only for them to disappear off etsy and not respond to any emails. Safe to say I did my homework before I delved back into trying to get my own proton pack which led me to find Ben Smith and all the amazing work he does. Well worth the wait!
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]