Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By MassiveDMG
Hey there!

Vinz :vinzclortho: from the Netherlands here. Been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and thought it was time for an introduction. Been working on several Ghostbusters-related projects recently. What really kicked off the Ghostbusters Revival for me was the Doctor Collector New Employee Kit. Holding all those wonderful props in my hand, and thinking back to playing the Rookie in "The Video Game" got me pining for some more GB stuff.

Then I found out Spirit Halloween and Rubies were making close-to-real-life prop replicas that could be turned into some awesome prop replica's with some TLC!

So here's how that all ended up in several projects:

-edit update 22-11-2021-

Rubies Proton Pack:
  • Bought and installed Charlesworth Dynamics' Proton Pack kit
  • 3D printed Crank Handle, Resistors, Smoke-able N-Filter cap and other things.
  • ALICE frame now has a motherboard and Spirit Pack connects to it nicely!
  • Bought new straps for Kidney Pad, those fit ok too!
  • Bought light kit from HobbyKitShop on Etsy, this still needs to be installed.
  • Installed a real Clippard R-331.

Proton Pack Challenges:
  • Backed the Spengler Pack, so that will fix itself in a few years.
  • Need to open the wand to fix the LEDs, might just buy a 2nd wand for the Spengler pack instead.

Rubies Ghost Trap:
  • Got the full Mega kit from CW Dynamics, including the Pedal Kit.
  • Bought "The Knob" and the 2 round front buttons from GBFans store.
  • 3D printed new side-tubes? (the red/aluminium ones).
  • The trap now uses NeoPixels
  • Got CD parts for Smoke in trap.

Ghost Trap Challenges:
  • Decided to do the 3D printed trap, and perhaps use the Rubies as a stunt trap.

Spengler's Neutrona Wand:
  • Got the "real" Camo tape to 'fix' the handle if need-be. Printed out the gap filler.
  • Got a real Clippard R-331, will install it on the Hero Wand.

Ecto GogglesEcto Goggles Challenges:
  • Headstrap.Stole it from a cheap VR headset.
  • Stickers. Got them from Charlesworth Dynamics.
  • Glass/plastic lenses that fit the lenses.
  • Electronics/lights that may improve the cool-factor.

Hope that gives you a bit of insight. Would love to share some pics of the builds so far. I haven't been documenting much, as I far much enjoy the tinkering but you might see some pics pop up now and then.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by MassiveDMG on November 22nd, 2021, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia liked this
By MassiveDMG
Here's a pic of me suited up for the first time!
The lockdown has not been kind to me weight-wise, so I was happy to fit in a flight suit at all!
Hopefully I can bust some kilo's in the future huh :-|
Went to see Afterlife at the Pre-Premiere, but hardly anyone showed up! A lot of people left at the credits, did not sit to see the secret ending. Wish there was a lot more merchandising and promotion going on here in the Netherlands. Thankfully a colleague of mine is visiting New York this week and is bringing back a back of Stay Puft, a Crunch Bar :crunch: and a Twinkie for me.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]