By AMC78
Hey guys

Have any of you imported a proton pack to Australia at all? I'm looking to buy one but lm not sure how customs would view such a thing> as in does it resemble something that could be a firearm etc. I know that folks in the starwars community had to get permits for their blaster props but thats because they were based on modified real world weapons, it just seems insane that theyd make us do the same for a proton pack.

Im going to get in touch with them because last thing l want is to spend 1000s and then have my pack confiscated. l'll let you know the story, we may have to build our own... We have the technology...Well when l say we have the technology I hope someone local does and when l say someone local I mean someone local who does and would like lots of money to make me one. :sigh:

Andrew
By Charlie Richter
My guess is 'importing' should be fine.But who knows.

But build one. You will end up paying 3000 bucks for one from America it would be cheaper to buy exorays shell and still build it you self.

Check out my packs for cheap foam versions. Thet are light and accurate.
By AMC78
Well I called customs and they said it isnt an issue to bring one in. I am just about to put payment down on one from overseas. Hopefully l will have a decent outfit ready for Supernova. Price doesnt concern me haha I've been waiting for 25 years to own a pack.

Have many of you guys got an outfit?
By RickH
If I were you, I'd save the big $$$ and just buy a shell from Exoray. All the hard work has already been done, you just have to finish it off and put it together.

Buying one that's already completed is pretty expensive, plus there's more chance the retards at Quarantine or Aust. Post. will break it.
By ode2kenobi
Yeah I bought my shell of ebay and from then on its been so much fun building and scouring for parts, you'll never walk through the likes of big w or a hardware the same again lol
By AMC78
Yeah fair call, it's just that what l could come up with and what someone who's a jedi at pack making could come up with is chalk and cheese. I hopefully will have a pack for supernova, it's being sent in a specially made box and with the highest shipping option and insurance, customs won't have any issues with it, chatted to them already. Looks like you guys are a bit more savvy with pack making, l'd be seriously at a loss.

Hopefully if all turns out as planned l should have a great get up for the show. Else l guess l may end up going as David Tennants version of Doctor Who again, may do that too since his doc is being retired next year. l have a screen accurate replica suit that l wore for that.

l can't recall seeing any Ghostbusters last year, went on a Sunday, will probably be a Sunday for me this year again, were any of you there?
By RickH
Nup, never been to a convention in my life. I've been reading the Supanova forums and it seems it's mostly Anime fans. I'm not really into Anime, or Heroes, or Stargate.

I'd like to go as a Ghostbuster this year. If you, me, and ode2kenobi get there in GB gear we could probably make a good time out of it. Better than being a solo Ghostbuster.
By AMC78
Hey Rick yeah come on, we should try and l mean its the 25th this year and a game so l mean good times to be a GB. l'm gonna try like hell to have everything ready for it. AS far as l could tell it was pretty much anything goes as far as characters l saw last year, not just anime. Definately the year... Be great to show off the pack to like minded folks too. Should probably not count my chickens before they hatch tho before it gets here but if all goes to plan lol.

On another note what are your suits like, did you get them local and do them yourselves, buy from o/s? Had to send mine back for the next size up from captainamerca on ebay thats still going on had some male camel toe action going on hehe. Got the belt stuff from MMM, was going to just use magnum boots (sidezip ones) l like the modern boot better. Got Spengler as a name tag was thinking of maybe getting one with my own name, not sure.

No not sure, not Not Sure as in Idiocracy :sigh:
By ode2kenobi
Dude you'll be done in a flash, I haven't got my costme done yet but i'm gonna head to a army disposal store in the city to get my flight suit and just a pair of gp boots. there was a guy on ebay that would do patches with your name on it I saw a while back not sure if still around

I just started on my goggles, found a pair of welding goggles at the hardware, not the rectangle front type but they should still look pretty sweet when done.

As for Supernava I went on the sunday last year too ( will now look at photos for Dr Who lol) yeah plenty of Anime but hey if all else fails there is always the pub :)

and Charlie shorly you have some holiday's coming up.......
By AMC78
ode2kenobi yeah they took a pic but couldnt find myself in the pics section on the supernova site . Anyway it was the brown suit with the blue pinstripes. Yes the pub may be a good contingency plan hehe. Will be overseas till end of April so l wont have any updates till l come back, hopefully l have the pack mid to late may and overalls. So when it comes together it should be pretty damned quick.
By RickH
I don't have any gadgets for my belt, I've just got the flightsuit and proton pack.

I've got black GP boots, but I've also got a pair of Dunlop desert combat boots with side zipper which I might wear. They're more comfortable than GP's.
By AMC78
Rick, Multimediamayhem has the belt gizmo etc, would look good for finishing off the look, have you got elbow pads? Also what about gloves, l havent bothered looking into them yet, thought the hardware store's surely bound to have them, were they just standard run of the mill chem gloves in the movies?
By RickH
Yeah I've got PVC gloves from Woolies, and the old Markwort volleyball elbow pads. The damn things wouldn't dye, so I just spraypainted them grey.

I've got a pistol belt, I'll have a look at MMM for the gadgets, but I'm trying to save a bit of coin at the moment so I might wait a couple months.

I've got pics of my stuff in my profile if you wanna check it out.
By AMC78
You had a hearse??? Wh...why'd you ever sell it? What happened to it?!

Yeah l have to do my elbowpads, got those defender ones so l have to dye and stretch and modify. Props dude, Faith no More fan, miss out on seeing them at Download by one month!
By RickH
Yeah man, had a '59 Superior for about 2 years. Sold it in '07 and bought a '64 Cadillac convertible. To be honest the convertible is way more fun to drive. The hearse was pretty cumbersome and hard to manouvre. I'm the webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Club of Aust. at the moment, there's a guy in the club who has a 59 Miller Meteor which is pretty sweet. My old Hearse now belongs to Karen in WA, she's also got a '64 hearse. She had a 4-page spread in Unique Cars on the '59 last year with some great photos.
By AMC78
Maaan l read that magazine tip to toe, l remember seeing that car and going green with envy, buy it every month on the release date, l love the old yank tanks, camaros. mustangs, impalas, wildcats oh yeah and 59 cadillac hearses! ;P

Don't suppose she'd sell it at some stage? We could get an ecto project going, if they do another film imagine that, we'd have got our shit together bigtime! Can you say how much you let it go for? Feel like l missed the boat on that one big time! Buy it back it's not about practicality or fun, you could live in that thing, who needs a house! The closest one l found for sale was a 64 from destiny tours but it doesnt come close imho.

What's the difference between the miller meteor and superior?
By AMC78
Was something to do with the rear shape being longer, ecto 1s rear shape and rear side windows were different? Think l remember that's what l noticed was different between them.
By RickH
Personally I wouldn't like to see my old hearse be turned into an Ecto-1. It's too nice a car to go messing with. I doubt Karen would ever sell it because she loves hearses and I reckon her collection will get bigger in the years to come.

Allan Levinson's (Destiny Tours) cars are better suited to Ecto-1 conversion because they've already been highly modified. His '62 Miller Meteor is a nice car and would look good as an Ecto. He's also got a '67 and a '75 Hearse/limo. He usually brings one of his hearses to Shannons Eastern Creek car show, which I believe is in August.

Superior and Miller Meteor are two difference coach builders. Athough the front and the fins are the same, the trim and shape of the body differ slightly between builders.
By AMC78
Fair call,. ld never sell my car either, pretty much because the last thing l'd want is for it to end up turboed, supercharched, chromied, momoed, dropped on its ass or 'bibteched in anyway. So l can understand purity hehe. l have a 1989 325is BMW that has been slowly revamped, reupholstered, engine is currently being chemically cleaned & rebuilt, 3 piece BBS rims are being sent off to be refurbished, will look and sound schmick pretty soon. Not sure if you are into cars that arent carbies though lol.

Yeah the reason l didn't even think about those other hearses is that you have to get those fins cranking, it maketh the car in my view. l'd like the real deal, has to be a 59. Although l remember when l was in primary school my friend up the street and l wanted to convert his folks old white kingswood into ecto 1, he had a safari suit which l was so jealous of because it looked like the GB coveralls, used to wear our schoolpacks and attach string to starwars blasters to make packs :sigh: .
By RickH
You'll have to check out the For Sale section, and maybe the Proton Pack section.

Exoray's are the benchmark, but there's a few other guys selling shells that look pretty decent.

Throwing Chicken is the man to see about particle throwers, Ben's got one of his.
By ode2kenobi
The "For Sale" section is your friend,

yeah throwingchickens gun box is awesome, also check out Colins stuff from MMM i've got a few things from him and its all top notch!

There is a guy selling a pack on ebay at the moment from singleton NSW sorry no linkage thats a no no dude, I asked him about it today and its a fiberglass shell with resign parts, looks pretty sweet needs a few more things though to finish it though
By RickH
ode2kenobi wrote: There is a guy selling a pack on ebay at the moment from singleton NSW sorry no linkage thats a no no dude, I asked him about it today and its a fiberglass shell with resign parts, looks pretty sweet needs a few more things though to finish it though
It's a little bit pricey for a unique fixer-upper opportunity, but I guess you could spend half that on just a shell and it'll still cost you another $400 in parts to finish it.
By RickH
Yeah that's the way it goes with building props. You could spend a lot at once to buy something already completed, or you can spend the same amount over a period of time to get the same result.
By lovers
RickH wrote:Yeah that's the way it goes with building props. You could spend a lot at once to buy something already completed, or you can spend the same amount over a period of time to get the same result.
And don't forget the feeling of after all those pain staking hours finally putting on your finished pack.............. i remember i almost cried i was so over joyed.....

I will try and take some pics soon and get them on here......
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]