This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Neil Bowden
Looks like a Casio A159 in the second image, http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment ... g_1897.jpg
whilst the first looks like a Casio F-81W
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/1/2/ ... 820_tp.jpg
Hope that helps (i collect old Casio's) :D
By Alex Newborn
I put the images side by side to check the details out. These look really close, but I don't know if we're quite there yet.

Alex
By mr0072003
the second pics i think is not right. I had that watch too. The black lines on the top and bottom are not there. I hope we get this, as I want to have a similar watch!
By Neil Bowden
I'll double check through my collection and online, and get back to you guys.
By Neil Bowden
i think i found the Variant on the first watch...it is definitely a Casio F-91W...but it is part of the colour series. this watch was available in many different colours of both strap and banding, so to be movie accurate, you'd need the F-91W with Black strap and White detail banding.i think you are right, mr0072003...the black banding on the strap looks like a reflection, which makes the watch look like the Casio AX-510
By Neil Bowden
OK ...OK...i was majorley WRONG on the first one...after some extensive research and a lot of comparison...i have the first watch that Ray wears...it is the Casio F-11 Image

now comes the hard part...locating one... :blush:
This will be interesting to watch and see what you guys can dig up. I'll keep my eyes peeled at flea markets and ebay for the time being for anything that may resemble this sort of watch.
By Ectopher
So, I'm going to put an end to this, once and for all! ;)

Both of Ray's watches in Ghostbusters 2 are Calteck watches.

I'd looked at hundreds of Casios, Armitrons and Timex's... had trawled department store catalogues and Casio and Seiko yearbooks, yet found nothing. Eventually, I acquired a 4k version of the film, and went through frame by frame. I got lucky - on one frame (and I think it may be a single frame), you can pretty much read the words "Calteck" on the watch:

After a good ol' fashioned face palm, I started looking at Ebay, Goodwill online, Marketplace postings, etc - trying to find the watches.

Sadly, I haven't found the exact model, and it seems difficult to unearth more on the company. At one point, they appear to have had a wholesale outlet in Los Angeles. Here are a couple of similar models of Calteck watches to the black and silver digital watches in GB2:

Silver Calteck in the movie:
Pay close attention to the strap - Calteck really loved this strap, it features on almost all of their watches.

Similar Silver Calteck model:
(Note: I own this watch, and can confirm it is silver, not rose-gold - though Calteck's finish picks up that colouring in certain light.)

Similar Black Calteck model:

Hope this helps, it feels good solving such a long-standing question. If anybody is lucky enough to find the identical Calteck model to the black digital watch, PLEASE share high-res pictures. Would love to see one some day. :sigh:
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Ectopher wrote: โ†‘December 9th, 2023, 5:12 am So, I'm going to put an end to this, once and for all! ;)

Both of Ray's watches in Ghostbusters 2 are Calteck watches.

I'd looked at hundreds of Casios, Armitrons and Timex's... had trawled department store catalogues and Casio and Seiko yearbooks, yet found nothing. Eventually, I acquired a 4k version of the film, and went through frame by frame. I got lucky - on one frame (and I think it may be a single frame), you can pretty much read the words "Calteck" on the watch:

After a good ol' fashioned face palm, I started looking at Ebay, Goodwill online, Marketplace postings, etc - trying to find the watches.

Sadly, I haven't found the exact model, and it seems difficult to unearth more on the company. At one point, they appear to have had a wholesale outlet in Los Angeles. Here are a couple of similar models of Calteck watches to the black and silver digital watches in GB2:

Silver Calteck in the movie:
Pay close attention to the strap - Calteck really loved this strap, it features on almost all of their watches.

Similar Silver Calteck model:
(Note: I own this watch, and can confirm it is silver, not rose-gold - though Calteck's finish picks up that colouring in certain light.)

Similar Black Calteck model:

Hope this helps, it feels good solving such a long-standing question. If anybody is lucky enough to find the identical Calteck model to the black digital watch, PLEASE share high-res pictures. Would love to see one some day. :sigh:
Unreal :cool:

I had totally forgot about my original post, so when I got the notification, I was like, what?

Now the quest begins for a Calteck!
By Ectopher
Updating the post with another Calteck that's closer to the one Ray wears in GBII.

Rays Watch:

Similar Calteck model:

I think this watch gives enough face detail as to where a vector graphic could accurately be made of the faceplate. I might give it a go if others are interested, and try modding a cheap casio with it.
Kingpin liked this
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Just picked this up for $10. Not the same model as the movie, but it looks to be a clone of the early G-Shock screwback models (DW-5000 through DW-5600). I have a hefty amount of G-Shocks myself, so I'll see if I can save it:

Ectopher liked this
By Ectopher
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: โ†‘March 7th, 2024, 10:45 pm Just picked this up for $10. Not the same model as the movie, but it looks to be a clone of the early G-Shock screwback models (DW-5000 through DW-5600). I have a hefty amount of G-Shocks myself, so I'll see if I can save it:
Nice one! Let us know how you get along with it. It would be interesting to see how it compares with the DW-range as well. The silver "Rays" Calteck I have (pictured above somewhere) is really quite sturdy - though the strap isn't quite as nice as my Casios (that could also be due to its age, and stiffening of the plastic/resin).
Dr. Stantz Jr. liked this
By Ectopher
For anybody interested, I created a quick / rough re-creation of the face of Ray's watch:

The data on the watch face is not going to be correct, the original image is too fuzzy - but, it's an educated guess based upon the layout of existing Calteck watch modules.

Original watch:
By abaka
Interesting discussion and development.

I have been searching for the Calteck watch for the last 12 months. I did see the one youโ€™ve purchased also but didnโ€™t buy itโ€ฆ.Iโ€™d be very interested a decal that could be applied over a similar watch face.

As for the other watch Ray wears.

Winston also wears this watch, when theyโ€™re in uniform so I believe itโ€™s part of the uniform like the M516. However I believe that watch is a Seiko A229-5060 with a repurposed black strap - the strap youโ€™ve shown here was very common on a lot of watches in this time period. Casios especially and Seiko used it on one or two but by and large Seiko tend to use metal bracelets.

Thereโ€™s a few tells which support the A229, such as the shape of the face, the push buttons and the black cut outs above and below the face.
By abaka
Very interesting!! I would suspect that Seiko and Citizen were definitely trying to appeal to the same market with this watch.

I do think looking at the image of Ray, whateverโ€™s in the black cut offs seems to be shorter than whatโ€™s in the Citizen model. Until we get some other pictures etc itโ€™s probably never going to be a fully solved mystery.

Iโ€™m happy with my Seiko, I think also it has a nice continuity in that they used Seikos in GB1

@Ectopher - would you be able to share measurements of the Calteck model you purchased that you designed this graphic for?

Gonna start trying to work on creating a replica myself!
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]