This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By gbfhs
After studying the sign featured in the movie so much, i personally think that the promo signs were made by someone else. The movie sign hands are a completely different shape.
By Alex Newborn
Their NYC geography was pretty mashed up, so anything is possible.

Here's one more shot of the USF no-ghost sign outside the Firehouse.

Visible just beside the Firehouse was a flat facade of the Guggenheim Museum, which in reality is beside Central Park, very near where they trap the Ghost Jogger. If you like Men In Black, you'll recognize the Guggenheim from the scene where Will Smith shoots through the doors and runs up to the roof.

Just across the 'corner' from the flat Guggenheim was the equally trompe-l'oeil NY Public Library, which we all know is located on Fifth Avenue in real life, as mentioned in GB1's dialogue.

It looked okay from straight-on, but suffered when you tried to duplicate any other angles from the film.

Alex
By gbfhs
Quick update on whats been happening. Done a few pulls that didnt either pull tight enough or were overstretched when pulled causing the plastic to overlap. Then after a few attemps the plug started to break up, but lucky enough i managed to get out a good pull. So now i am going to redo the plug in a uniform fibreglass.( Less chance of break up)

Heres a compilation of fails =

By CaptCyan
"We got one!"Or rather I got one in the mail yesterday.

Thanks, gbfhs, for including me in on the fun. It's tough to take a picture of this clear sign and show all the attention to detail that you put into it...

...so I'll have to do a paint up/ build thread of my own to show off your fine sign design. Not that your Barrel picture doesn't do it justice, but I think I'll light mine up. I'll link here when I get it started.
Kingpin liked this
By Alex Newborn
Now that some of us have this item in hand, and more will be purchasing them soon, here's something worth seeing again... a GREAT tip from gbfhs on getting the details right when you're painting in mirror image on the inner surface.
gbfhs wrote:I have started the paint process and i have learnt a few thing along the way, i found that if i used a white board marker i can outline on the front surface then flip it over and trace on the back, this makes it a lot easier and if you make a mistake on the front you can simply wipe it off before you flip it over and trace.
Such a brilliant technique, just wanted to bump it up to everyone's attention again.

Alex
By gbfhs
Update : I have just give the mould to a friend who might take up the gaunlet, if there is still any interest?
By bishopdonmiguel
gbfhs wrote:Update : I have just give the mould to a friend who might take up the gaunlet, if there is still any interest?
Definitely!
By Alex Newborn
You know what, guys?

Sometimes it's good to procrastinate.

This wouldn't have been possible if I'd already painted my sign.

Alex
By d_osborn
The 8/5 draft is an interesting read. Man, I could have sworn I posted that same script excerpt a while ago in another thread. The main NYC shoot was the first two weeks of shooting, starting in late November. Just so everything is in one handy dandy place, here's the scene as it was shot, from the 11/27 draft. I think Paul is going to be posting a revised 11/27 script scan on Spook Central soon.

On another note, has anyone made a 3D model of the firehouse sign? There's a really cool HO scale model of H&L 8 out now. It would be really cool to have a sign 3D printed! Resolution is decent now, right? Maybe a set of doors, too.

http://twinwhistle.com/
By gbfhs
Hi everyone, Recently i was reminded about the Fire House sign i made, believe it or not that was started nearly 5 years ago ! Anyway the reason for the post is to try and find out what happened to the signs and if they were ever painted and wall mounted etc.
By Kingpin
gbfhs wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 5:23 am Hi everyone, Recently i was reminded about the Fire House sign i made, believe it or not that was started nearly 5 years ago ! Anyway the reason for the post is to try and find out what happened to the signs and if they were ever painted and wall mounted etc.
Still got mine unpainted, part of my very long to-do list. :P

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]