Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Dr.D
The only other series of films that I hold as close to my heart are the Godzilla movies. Own ever single film on more than one format. To see the creative team behind the GB comics I love tackle the big guy is very exciting.

Now...will my dream of a Ghostbusters/Godzilla crossover become a reality...
By Fritz
Dr.D wrote: December 14th, 2020, 8:54 am The only other series of films that I hold as close to my heart are the Godzilla movies. Own ever single film on more than one format. To see the creative team behind the GB comics I love tackle the big guy is very exciting.

Now...will my dream of a Ghostbusters/Godzilla crossover become a reality...
With IDW's track record the last few years, I'd almost be more surprised if that didn't happen. :roll:
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote: With IDW's track record the last few years, I'd almost be more surprised if that didn't happen. :roll:
When I was a child, I drew pictures of Godzilla vs. the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. It was a short fight. :P

EDIT: 12/24: March solicits out, yup, no Ghostbusters.
I noticed on comixology, Amazon, and iTunes, the IDW comics seemed to have blipped out of existence aside from what one has in their library that was purchased. So I sent a message to comixology's support for an answer and rut-ro...
Sorry about that,

Generally when this happens, it's because of copyright or license changing hands and we don’t have much control over that.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with today!

Best Regards,
Pat
mrmichaelt wrote: January 11th, 2021, 4:22 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 11th, 2021, 4:21 am Has there been update on the GB IDW Year One collected paperback?
Nope, none at all.
Interesting given your previous comment re: availability of the IDW back catalogue. Hard to believe they might lose the Ghostbusters license but with COVID and the postponement of Afterlife... plus reading between the lines, the tight creative leash Ghost Corp seemed to have over what the comics were allowed to be... it's probably not a good omen if Year One has been pulled and the comics disappeaered. Compared to the IDW Turtles series for instance.

Burnham and Schoening remain consistently brilliant, but given there may have been limitations imposed on what the comic could do, there is perhaps only so much mileage there. Year One would make a fitting bookend and I assume the powers that be might be looking at a new comic post-Afterlife. Obv this is wildly speculative - wishing the best to everyone involved.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
I'd like to believe Year One's TPB has simply been temporarily shelved due to the pandemic rather than some change in the legal standing. I think it would be foolish of Ghost Corps not to re-grant the licence to IDW, given IDW has helped keep the Ghostbusters franchise alive/active, and has done such a cracking job at it.
Yeah IDW have been amazing and hopefully it's temporarily shelved... but it seems odd not to retain orders and simply push the release back to say June 2021. It's not as if they were counting on the Afterlife audience to sell comics.

I appreciate I may be in the minority in GB fandom, but personally I could live without future Ghostbusters stories that fall back on:

• Crossing the streams
  • Reversing polarity
  • Minor human antagonist is possessed
  • GB rubbing up against bureaucrats / government.

Ghostbusters can be more than tropes established in the first movie.
Kingpin wrote: January 11th, 2021, 7:32 am I'd like to believe Year One's TPB has simply been temporarily shelved due to the pandemic rather than some change in the legal standing. I think it would be foolish of Ghost Corps not to re-grant the licence to IDW, given IDW has helped keep the Ghostbusters franchise alive/active, and has done such a cracking job at it.
I really do hope it's the former than the latter. And, yeah, with how well IDW handled the franchise, even with a few tiny missteps, they really should keep hanging on to the franchise for awhile; at least until GB: Afterlife arrives to make the franchise visible again. Because is it's own thing, the GB IDW Continuity, whether in GB Prime or in other GB worlds is ripe for exploration with stories to be told.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote:Yeah IDW have been amazing and hopefully it's temporarily shelved... but it seems odd not to retain orders and simply push the release back to say June 2021. It's not as if they were counting on the Afterlife audience to sell comics.

I appreciate I may be in the minority in GB fandom, but personally I could live without future Ghostbusters stories that fall back on:

• Crossing the streams
  • Reversing polarity
  • Minor human antagonist is possessed
  • GB rubbing up against bureaucrats / government.

Ghostbusters can be more than tropes established in the first movie.
I don't mind more of those types of GB stories as long as they have fresh new ideas and takes on them and not a rehash of what's being told already, but I do agree that there should be more exploration of tropes beyond what's already been explored for the franchise. Don't want to keep it stale.
mrmichaelt liked this
Hey even though Ghostbusters International played on the tropes of the first film it did a few things that I felt were fresh. For instance it got really dark when the warlock they were facing actually snapped his underlings neck and skinned him alive so he could wear his skin. Even though death is a big part of Ghostbusters since they deal with the supernatural, but we have seen very few Ghostbusters stories where the antagonist actually kills someone.
This Post Contains Spoilers
. :):):)

I’m so over this movie. I don’t even[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there is a Plasma Series Wave 2 Coming![…]

I look forward to seeing Alex's Ghostbusters II: T[…]

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg