Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
mrmichaelt wrote:And the fourth arc (starting with Issue #13) will have only A and B covers, according to Mr. Delgado.
Honestly, I think that's great news! Much easier on my wallet.

And yup - to add to the group - Tristan's work looks outstanding!
By Josh Foote
Can someone answer for me, are there 1:50 covers being done for 10, 11 and 12?

My comic store is not seeing them in the order form. Please let me know.

Thanks!
By TristanJones
Josh Foote wrote:Can someone answer for me, are there 1:50 covers being done for 10, 11 and 12?

My comic store is not seeing them in the order form. Please let me know.

Thanks!
Nope, just issue 9 bro!
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:And the fourth arc (starting with Issue #13) will have only A and B covers, according to Mr. Delgado.
Honestly, I think that's great news! Much easier on my wallet.

And yup - to add to the group - Tristan's work looks outstanding!
Thanks dude. It's all in the colours ;)

New covers are up, by the way.
By mrmichaelt
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:Honestly, I think that's great news! Much easier on my wallet.
Those were my immediate thoughts, too. Wonder if two covers implies sales are good?
TomWaltz wrote:Haunted America begins!

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/2 ... e-preview/
Sweet!
This Post Contains Spoilers
EDIT

Wait a sec, were those...
By Kingpin
That preview alone is awesome, can't wait to read it. A shame that the covers won't line up in the correct order (I'd assumed when the image first surfaced, that Seattle would be the first stop on their tour).

Still, looking forward to Haunted America, it'll give a grand scope for real-life inspired ghosts and urban legends. :)
By Knightmare10880
I've given up on all my monthly comics except two titles both by IDW Ghostbusters and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In a way it's kinda ironic that the only two monthly titles I'm still reading were two of the first franchises I read as a child even if they were by different companies.

To me the Turtles and Ghostbusters titles represent what comic books should be and what they've gotten away from the writing on both titles are very good, they are mature but at the same time especially in the Ghostbusters comic there is no inappropriate language of situations that you would not want a younger person or child reading or looking at.
By Josh Foote
Honestly, I think that's great news! Much easier on my wallet.[/quote]

Oh thanks.

Any reason why their going to just 2 versions?
By Erik Burnham
Knightmare10880 wrote: To me the Turtles and Ghostbusters titles represent what comic books should be and what they've gotten away from the writing on both titles are very good, they are mature but at the same time especially in the Ghostbusters comic there is no inappropriate language of situations that you would not want a younger person or child reading or looking at.
Well, I don't overdo it, but I am trying to fit in the realm of the (PG) movie, so I do allow hells and damns here and there. The thing that amuses me is the folks that look at Dan's cover art, say "this is a child's comic," due to cartooniness, read the script and recant "this is not for kids! Not at all!"

Others find it perfectly all-ages.

I saw a documentary about the Second City and one of the things I remember sticking out (about language) was (and I paraphrase): "It's not like we were prudes, just nobody at the time felt the need to say certain words to be funny."

(:

I think about this kind of stuff while I make Dan draw Peter on fire. I mean... I mean nothing.
By mrmichaelt
Part one really got me amped for the next chapters! Kudos to Schoening and Delgado for giving each state their own look and coloring.

In terms of the road trip, it's nice to see a general outline of their trip laid down with the first chapter already!
Easter eggs so far
By JayTigran
"You boys can't just cross the border into the deadly, savage, blood-and-bacon soaked landscape of the hellish nightmare known as Canada. Not unprepared, anyway."
~Dr. Venkman
Erik Burnham wins the internet for this one.
By mrmichaelt
If anyone's going to San Diego Comic Con, you got four guesses on who else will be there...
Erik Burnham wrote:Look up the Sgt. Bilko movie on the IMDb for the other half of that reference. (;
Dan Aykroyd played Colonel John Hall in the Sgt. Bilko movie. <clap> <clap> You never fail to impress, Mr. Burnham.

EDIT: Mr. Schoening dropped some knowledge on me about #9.

1. The burly ghost with the beard is another historical figure named George Royer who was a friend of Major-General Wayne.

2. On page one, panel two, obscured by the Mayor's word balloons on the left side is the painting "Gainsborough's Blue Boy," in reference to Ghostbusters II, when Janosz compared Vigo to it.

3. When Winston enters Ecto-2 on page three, in the last panel there's a mini-dry erase board. On it are the list of parts of the animated Containment Unit Egon read off in "Citizen Ghost." Sort of a running gag, they were also on Egon's board in Issue #8. Except this time, the transwarp drive is crossed out.

4. On page eight, the Crash Test Dummy is based on Larry the Crash Test Dummy, who was voiced by Lorenzo Music

5. Also on page eight, the pop art painting behind Ron and Jimmy is actually based on the Walley World logo from the "National Lampoon's...Vacation" movies

6. When Ray approaches Fort Wayne, he first talks to two ghosts posted as guards. The ghosts are based on Eugene Levy and Ben Stein.

7. Dan also said every issue will always feature:
i. An American flag
ii. A flag of that county/state
iii. A hidden ghost truck driver from Tristan's story. Sometimes however, he is hidden behind dial balloons. The Roswell cameo is will very hard to see, as a result.
By Kingpin
*A Hole Ghost from "The Hole in the Wall Gang" is to the right of the dummy
Actually, that's a glass "Wally World" moose cup, which Clark Griswald drinks some Eggnog from in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Additional bits:

Several elements of the Plasmic Strainer from Adventures in Slime and Space, as well as the large device (with no real purpose) from Egon's lab in The Real Ghostbusters appear on the wall above Egon in the RV. The Containment Unit shut-off, seen in Ghosts-R-Us and Revenge of Murray the Mantis is also seen on the wall. To the right of Egon, next to the portable ECU is the same hand-scan panel from Mrs Rogers' Neighborhood

A set of green glowing footprints are seen walking away from the Spirit of Detroit, referencing a practical joke by a local prankster, who painted green footprints leading from the statue to another, of a naked woman.
By mrmichaelt
Few days ago, Mr. Jones posted Cover B for Issue #14 - movie poster homage: Issue #14 Cover B
Kingpin wrote:Actually, that's a glass "Wally World" moose cup, which Clark Griswald drinks some Eggnog from in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Thank you, Kingpin. I neglected to update that one.
Several elements of the Plasmic Strainer from Adventures in Slime and Space
Do you refer to the square port right above Egon and the Spectral Differentializer?
The Containment Unit shut-off, seen in Ghosts-R-Us and Revenge of Murray the Mantis is also seen on the wall. To the right of Egon, next to the portable ECU is the same hand-scan panel from Mrs Rogers' Neighborhood
Nice! Good finds, Kingpin.
A set of green glowing footprints are seen walking away from the Spirit of Detroit, referencing a practical joke by a local prankster, who painted green footprints leading from the statue to another, of a naked woman.
Ohh, I thought it was just in reference to the statue being possessed/animated/whatever.
By Josh Foote
A Easter egg I'm surprised no one has mentioned was the map of NYC from GB1 in the mayors office when peck is talking.
By Fritz
Apologies for the lateness of this commentary--the book came out two weeks ago. I've been having some medical issues of late...nothing major or life-threatening, but just annoying enough to put "Write snarky and not-nearly-as-funny-as-you-think-it-is-and-nobody-reads-it-anyway commentary on awesome comic book" down on the priority list

So..."Haunted America" begins.
Back next month (or more accurately, later this month, sigh) for act two of "Haunted America"

:)
By Kingpin
Tidbits from #10's preview over at Newsarama:
By mrmichaelt
In addition there was also
By mrmichaelt
Here's the synopsis for Issue #13, releasing September
After one more quick stop to help a friend in the Windy City, the Ghostbusters arrive back in New York, expecting a backlog of cases to clear through. Instead, things are strangely quiet on the supernatural front, and it's all thanks to the city's newest paranormal investigation and elimination service! Who is this new team? Find out in the lucky 13th issue of GHOSTBUSTERS!
I'm overreaching but Tristan did just put the Rookie on the Chicago Loop Graham Crackers variant of Issue #9...But heh, looks like Ron's team is bustin heads, figuratively speaking.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Here's the synopsis for Issue #13, releasing September
After one more quick stop to help a friend in the Windy City, the Ghostbusters arrive back in New York, expecting a backlog of cases to clear through. Instead, things are strangely quiet on the supernatural front, and it's all thanks to the city's newest paranormal investigation and elimination service! Who is this new team? Find out in the lucky 13th issue of GHOSTBUSTERS!
I'm overreaching but Tristan did just put the Rookie on the Chicago Loop Graham Crackers variant of Issue #9...But heh, looks like Ron's team is bustin heads, figuratively speaking.

Sounds like the Ghost-Busters are gonna get it together over the next few issues. :lol:
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:Here's the synopsis for Issue #13, releasing September
Yeah, you're overreaching ;)

If Erik puts him in anywhere it's got nothing to do with me.
By Kingpin
There's an interesting question, excluding the visual cameo on one of the varient covers, have you guys been given the okay to use the Rookie if the story called for him to appear?
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Yeah, you're overreaching ;)

If Erik puts him in anywhere it's got nothing to do with me.
Drat. I've still got theories...some dumb some less dumb.

1) Could be one of the RGB or EGB main cast not used yet (RGB Peter [In What in Samhain Just Happened?!], EGB Egon, and Kylie have been used so far) re-purposed as a 'new' character

2) Dr. Selwyn from The Video Game - she was a guest curator and Chicago might fit as her home base since her adopted parents associated with the prestigious Chicago Institute for Ancient Eastern Studies and she got a college scholarship from the Chicago Institute plus some Peter-Ilyssa banter would be awesome

3) A new character based on someone famous like Egon's un-named friend in Issue #4
By Chad Paulson
JayTigran wrote:Ok, once again the team behind the comic have blown me away. Love everything about the book. Keep it up guys!
Agreed. Curious to see how Egon will use the item he stuffed into his pocket in the last frame of the main story. 'Who Killed Laura Parr?' is ramping up as well, July can't come soon enough.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]