Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Scottb
Wow. Really great issue this month. I like the detective work that went into the bust. It's nice to see them earn it. The Laura Parr wrap up was great. I liked seeing the back of the Ecto smashed up when Peter met up with the guys. I can't wait to get back to New York. I hope those GB impostors get dealt with soon.
By mrmichaelt
Dapper Dan wrote:The Cop isn't based on John Candy either, and the initials on the name tag are M.Foley.
Soul_Wrangler wrote:I'd say Matt Foley but he doesn't mention anything about living down in a van. Perhaps by the river.

Then again the line "Need an ambulance PRONTO" is pretty Foley-esque.
Perhaps Officer Foley is visually based on Chris Farley as his role of Officer Wilson in the 1994 movie Airheads that also featured Ernie Hudson and 'M. Foley' is a reference to Farley's Matt Foley character from the SNL sketch?
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Mrmichaelt - Another good guess. And now that we're a year into the comics, I imagine it's going to take extra work to figure these out.

Dan - I have a feeling this is just going to get more fun as you start giving us these more obscure Easter eggs.

Erik - is there any word yet on IDW allowing longer story arcs? I know some of that depends on the trade sales. It just seems positive that IDW has now planned the omnibus 1 and 100 page spectacular as collected editions and can hope that means good things are in the works. You've done a great job (and I am loving the dialogue) and I would love to see what you would do with more issues to play with.

Tristan - after the epilogue to Laura Parr, I really hope they give you another run at RGB! I don't remember what you said was up next though.
By TristanJones
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote: Tristan - after the epilogue to Laura Parr, I really hope they give you another run at RGB! I don't remember what you said was up next though.
That'd be great, and I'd love to do it, but the odds of it are slim I think. I don't think the market can sustain two Ghostbusters books (at least not at the same time), just from looking at things, and it'd be silly to hurt this one with another. It's also much harder to deliver a satisfying story in back-ups. You can do fun, jokey things or little character bits, but a full story doesn't always work, particularly with GB where there are so many elements going into making these things work the way they do.

As for what's next, I don't really know. Laura Parr and the Postcard covers at the same time were a much bigger commitment than I'd expected, so I have some things to play catch up on.
By mrmichaelt
El Chorko wrote:I want to start getting into the comics, the comic shop I go to does not have any back issues, Are these comics an ongoing story or is it a new "adventure" each month?
It's broken up into story arcs but basically ongoing in that the previous arc has some effect on the next I guess is one way of putting it but you can still start reading the series at any arc and get what's going on. There's always some subtle foreshadowing and set ups woven into each arc. Issue #1-4 was arc one, Issue #5-7 was arc two, #8 was a one parter, #9-12 is arc three, #13-15 is arc four, and #18 is another one parter. So far there are two trade paperback collections - the first collects #1-4 and the second collects 5-8. The third trade comes out November/December-ish, collecting 9-12 and part of 13.
By mrmichaelt
El Chorko wrote:Thank you that was very helpful. I'll look for the paperback collections to get caught up
You're welcome, glad to be of help. Always cool to see another fan get into the comic. You won't be disappointed!
By Razorgeist
El Chorko wrote:Thank you that was very helpful. I'll look for the paperback collections to get caught up
This place is a great resource so check back often. And yes the trades will not leave you dissapointed.
By Kingpin
There's an easter egg I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, as it's glaringly obvious (you'll kick yourselves):

Venkman's outfit when they visit the Mayor is Bill Murray's from Zombieland, minus wig.

Review:
This Post Contains Spoilers
By JayTigran
Did anyone else get the fact that the ticket went up in flames kind of like a deleted scene from the movie where a cop writes up a parking ticket for the Ecto, and it goes up in a burst of flame (I believe this was back when the Ecto was written as a semi-sentient being)
By Razorgeist
Just picked it up today (was able to get one of Tristan's covers :D). Havent read the main story yet but I was able to finish up with Laura Parr. Once again Trist awesome story I loved the capture (put that muon trap to work and the twist with the slime blower was spectacular. The main story looks like its gonna be great too. Cant wait to get the trade.
By egie
I really need to continue past the first four issues, such a great series!
By TristanJones
Razorgeist wrote:Just picked it up today (was able to get one of Tristan's covers :D). Havent read the main story yet but I was able to finish up with Laura Parr. Once again Trist awesome story I loved the capture (put that muon trap to work and the twist with the slime blower was spectacular. The main story looks like its gonna be great too. Cant wait to get the trade.

Thanks dude! Really happy you dug it!
By egie
I had to write a speech about my favorite literature. (Like a book, comic, poem etc.) So i wrote about these comics. these comics are great and mean a lot to me, keep up the good work!
By MRblahface
Also I have read every comic and I do say the writing and art is just superb. Is there a Calender for when the comics come out? I can't wait for the next comic!!
By mrmichaelt
Question... Issues #13-16 is the third arc from Erik's original 16 issue pitch? And the fourth from the pitch is set to start with #17?
MRblahface wrote:Is there a Calender for when the comics come out?
Tentatively speaking the release dates are as follows:
  • Issue #13 - September 19th
  • Issue #14 - October 24th
  • Issue #15 - November 21st
  • Volume 3 (Collects Issues #9-12, plus #13 extra story only) - November 28th
By egie
MRblahface wrote:
egie wrote:For school, I had to write a speech for school.
Post it up here!
I just might, but after I get back from school.
By Erik Burnham
mrmichaelt wrote:Question... Issues #13-16 is the third arc from Erik's original 16 issue pitch? And the fourth from the pitch is set to start with #17?
#13-16 is a modified form of the originally pitched arc, yeah... though I condensed it. Could it have used a fourth issue? Well, I could have gotten other things in there, but it would have been some repetition, some treading water. I lost a few things in trade for momentum. C'est la vie. (:

#17... I'm talking to Tom about that. some things may shake up starting there and build a new road map.
By Josh Foote
Erik Burnham wrote:New road map meaning reconfiguring some ideas, maybe abandoning some things I had planned to do a year and a half ago, shuffling some around, etc.

Not as major a thing as it sounds like, to be honest. (:
Oh ok. Looking forward to seeing where the comic goes!
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:#13-16 is a modified form of the originally pitched arc, yeah... though I condensed it. Could it have used a fourth issue? Well, I could have gotten other things in there, but it would have been some repetition, some treading water. I lost a few things in trade for momentum. C'est la vie. (:
I see, so just to be clear #13-16 are basically the last two arcs from your original pitch in condensed form?
By egie
OK here is the speech, if I have any false info please correct me. It is supposed to be a reflection on my favorite literature.

Hello! My name is Nolen Sternkopf. my reflection will be on my Ghostbusters comics, yes, I am a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. Ghostbusters has been a very big part of my life, as I have spent lots of time and money enjoying it. These comics specifically, are a great continuation of the Ghostbusters series; they are well-written and very fun to read.

Though I am like 10 issues behind, I have gotten and finished one story arc, which has inspired my creativity in thinking up my own stories. These comics show what type of literature I love, the type that has a theme I enjoy, a great story, always has you thinking, and can also make you laugh. Ghostbusters itself including these comics have brought me to meet new friends with the same interest.

The great thing about the comics is that the authors have been able to create new elements to the story, new characters, and many entertaining plots. Every four issues makes up one story arc, which always keeps you reading. They all have many great things about them, and references to other movies, comics, and even other Ghostbusters media hidden throughout the comics.

The people behind the comics are truly brilliant and had nothing to do with the movies even though it is just like the type of stories and humor the movies have. The art style they use is really great, more than one person draws up different parts of the comics. Most of the comics are nice and cartoonish, but very detailed and recognizable. The end parts usually cut to a different scene with a very realistic type of art.

The final product makes the comics perfect.

By the way I do in fact know the names of who does what with these comics, I just didn't really include it in the written thing but when I present it I will.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]