Noticed something new-ish in IDW's NYCC wrap up
but for Ghostbusters International they had a new blurb. Of note, I bolded:
This January there’s something strange in the neighborhood... and whether that neighborhood is in New York City or Venice, Italy, the Ghostbusters will be there! After a bust at the United Nations, the boys in gray are engaged to investigate an Old-World haunting, where they begin to unravel a mystery that sends them around the globe (while still trying to keep their contract with the City, County, and State of New York!). Series writer Erik Burnham and artist Dan Schoening invite you to join them for the next chapter in the Ghostbusters history!
The CBR article, they tried to be a little vague with a connective mystery. But nice to see a bit more.
It will be so interesting to see who comes back to fill in at the NYC branch:
1) Melanie and Jenny is still a question mark for since considering their elevated positions have kept them busy. Melanie is on her own 'Haunted America' arc as FBI liaison and Jenny is a PCOC liaison. Would Peck let a PCOC employee suit up?
2) Or will they pull in the some or all 4 of the Chicago GB to NYC and doom Chicago again?
3) Some completely new characters? That could be a breath of fresh air. Or fans might organize and storm Brainerd.
4) Will Eduardo strap on a pack?
5) Will Roland and Garrett be formally introduced? The former has a cameo/easter egg at Winston and Tiyah's wedding.
6) Could the other two Rookies from The Video Game debut after a few references here and then in the ongoing?
7) Rachel Ungligh -- Nah.
Other residual thoughts on the announcement -- I can understand now why Erik said we weren't getting a new Haunted America story arc. It's a Haunted World now. lol.
It's also amusing that with Ghostbusters International, the IDW canon has garnered another similarity to The Real Ghostbusters -- globe trotting cases.
And I think the January solicits drop this coming week so we might get no info, we might not. At least the Diamond order codes so we can preorder the heck out of this.
EDIT 10/19: Annual appears done
. And Erik posted a preview
of a section of the World the Psychic story.