Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By HauntedWallflower
This was indeed a welcome respite from all the crossovers....until the Transformers crossover arrives. I mean, I like Transformers, but really, another crossover?! Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....

Anyhow, I liked it overall, but not loved it.
I dislike the fact that it had 20 pages, which made the Poseidon meeting anticlimactic. But they did great enough with what they had.

Janine sure looks like she's enjoying her new job....'s added salary. But she's def doing her job well, as always. I really wish her mini-convo with Egon was with both of them in the same panels though.

Someone please tell me that Egon lately becoming the target of a lot of ghostly beat-ups is a lead-up to....Oh, I dunno, something?
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Sayscalled
Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....
Not gonna lie, I would buy that comic.
As would I. It would be a crossover both my wife and I could enjoy together.

Great callback to the original film with Winston. Whomever caught that to add it in deserves a raise.
By *NormalGamer*
An okay story. Great to see Janine feeling very comfortable in her new PCOC position. ^_^
This was indeed a welcome respite from all the crossovers....until the Transformers crossover arrives. I mean, I like Transformers, but really, another crossover?! Next thing you know, they'll be doing a Jem crossover in which Synergy is a ghost possessing the machine that Jem's dad built! Oh great, I jinxed it....
Well, at least were getting some more GB stories even if it's not what we expect. Anything is better than nothing; at least until IDW probably announces something major in June for the 35th anniversary.
By mrmichaelt
35TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS

HEAVY WATER
I want to say I absolutely loved this issue. A stand alone one in done case of the week. Just the original five - Peter, Ray, Egon, Winston, Janine. No dimensions, no teleporters, no AU Ghostbusters. The crossovers are great and all, enjoyable, entertaining, though provoking -- but it gets repetitive after awhile no matter how much they try to change it up story to story. Yeah, you say from the business end - the crossovers make the most money but this issue, just proves an equally amazing story can be done if you go 'back to basics' so to speak. Hope we see more eventually. Hope fans show they love this one shot with their wallet.

The start of the issue makes an interesting observation. The Ghostbusters and PCOC must constantly have to keep tabs on what comes to New York's various museums. Like Peter alludes to, that charged artifact they found on Poveglia must be the tip of the iceberg.

Laughed at all of Peter's quips to the ghost. Classic dry humor. heh. Figures Peter had no part in making that interview questionnaire either and his reaction to Winston's story was all the more awesome for it. Props for his Charles Mac reference. lol.

And of course, a long winded address to the entity from Ray. And his rambling, unaware of Poseidon. lmao. And he forgot to document everything.

And see, not that much of a worrisome change with Janine's status. She's still around in the Firehouse getting annoyed by Peter. ;) And she even talked to Egon.

In terms of cameos, Dan' done Reitman before but so cool to see the two nameless ones also from the same scene Ivan cameos in in GB2. Also dug Fire Chief Garver got in a cameo, he made just one other appearance in the comics, he was at Central Park in the Stingy Jack story from Volume 2 of the ongoing series.

Hard to believe this is the first time we've seen Penn Station in this canon. And I guess someone didn't call in a Code Dan, lol.

Interesting choice that Poseidon is the cause of Atlantis' destruction as in myth, he's actually the father of Atlas, the first king. And how closely it mimics Shandor and Gozer - with the priest ghost thinking the world became awful and he summoned a god to cleanse it so to speak. But on the ending. I thought it was something new. A god wants to nothing to do with Earth or the Ghostbusters, just wants the artifact presumably so he doesn't get called again. Missed opportunity for Peter joking "Guess he doesn't do house calls anymore."
Easter eggs so far
*Cover A
**In the upper right is the head of a statue of Poseidon.
*Cover RE
**Making appearances on the cover are:
***Gozer
***Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
***Vigo
***Egon Spengler
***Winston Zeddemore
***Peter Venkman
***Ray Stantz
***Proton Pack and Particle Thrower
***Ecto Goggles
***Scoleri Brothers
***Library ghost in her transmogrified form
***Slimer
***Zuul and Vinz Clortho
***Ecto-1
*Page 1
**The narrator refers to the Metropolitan Museum of Art by its nickname, the Met.
**Peter alludes to Walter Peck and his court order in the first movie.
**In panel 2, the head by Ray is based on the new dinosaur discovered in May 2017 and named after Zuul.
**In panel 3, the Bully Boys Paint on the left is a nod to the Bully Boys from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Hard Knight's Day".
**In panel 3, the skull of the Tyrannosaurus Rex from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Stylized Versions, makes a non-canon cameo.
*Page 2
**In panel 1, the Atlantean language on the tablet is based on ?
**In panel 2, the head of the skeleton possessed by the Undying One from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Moaning Stones" makes a non-canon cameo.
**In panel 3, the 2 post it notes on lamp on the right ?
*Page 3
**Peter alludes to the Poveglian Artifact and the incident in the Louvre in Ghostbusters International #4 to #5.
**Egon mentions:
***Tobin's Spirit Guide
***Spates Catalog.
**In panel 4, on the top shelf are
***In the cardboard box?
***Spare Slimer Blower nozzles like in Ghostbusters II.
**Yuppie Water from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Short Stuff" makes a non-canon cameo as Egon's water bottle.
**On the bottom shelf behind Egon is the Dimensional Inverter part from The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever".
**The Psychomagnotheric Slime is stored in a jar like in Ghostbusters II.
**In front of Ray on the table is a Ghostbusters II mug from Colorolls?
**There is a can of Blody by Ray's head, it was originally an advertisement in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door".
**The Basic English sign from "Stripes" is behind Ray.
**Above Ray's head, on the computer screen is a screen grab from level 1 of the Ghostbusters II Game Boy game.
**To Ray's left, the Dimensionometer from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon on the Rampage" makes a non-canon cameo in its usual place.
**Peter is wearing his blue sweater vest, shirt, brown pants combo before on the back cover of the Volume 2 trade paperback with a brown coat based on the scene in the first movie when the Ghostbusters talk to Mayor Lenny.
**Peter alludes to the 101 pilot team.
*Page 4
**Panel 3, paper under the printer on the left?
*Page 5
**In panel 1, the loose page on the left is ?
**The entity refers to Atlantis as Atlas' Land. Atlas was considered the first king of Atlantis.
**In panel 2, the No Bozo sticker from Peter's construction helmet is on the black device right of the slime jar.
*Page 6
**In panel 1, above Peter's shoulder is a Proton Cannister from Extreme Ghostbusters.
**Peter refers to Charles Atlas, an Italian American bodybuilder, and one of his ads, "The Insult that Made a Man out of Mac."
**In panel 3, on the cork board are ?
***The map of Atlantis done by Athanasius Kircher for "Mundus Subterraneus" (1669)
**In panel 3, on the artist's desk are ?'
**Winston refers to his job interview with Janine in the first movie in Chapter 14 "Welcome Aboard".
*Page 7
**In panel 2, Winston's key chain is a nod to the Jaguars baseball team from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Night Game".
**Ivan Reitman and two men from Ghostbusters II Chapter 16 "Vigo 101" once again appear outside the Firehouse almost like their cameo.
*Page 8
**In panel 1, the walk on extra from the first montage in Ghostbusters during the ghost train story is to the left of Ecto-1.
**At the entrance of Penn Station is a Libby's Coffee Shop, first seen in Ghostbusters II when the hole in First Avenue is made.
**In panel 1, above the Penn Station signage is an ad for Manhattan City Bank with the quote of Ray's from the first movie about nobody having three mortgages.
**The main ad at the entrance is for Celebrity magazine from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep".
***In this case, Celebrity is a stand-in for Entertainment Weekly.
**The Celebrity ad promotes Clark Tracy in "Gangsters on Broadway." In The Real Ghostbusters episode "Lights! Camera! Haunting!", Clark is one of the ghosts that saves the Ghostbusters and "Gangsters on Broadway" is a movie Ray mentions earlier in the episode.
**In panel 1, Winston's word balloon appears to be mistakenly attached to Ray.
**In panel 2, behind Peter is the Hotel Penn.
**In panel 3, on the left are ads for:
***An ice cream inspired by Snowman from the Ghostbusters Sega game
***Sol's Tanning Salon from The Real Ghostbusters episode "A Ghost Grows in Brooklyn"
**In panel 3, on the right are ads for:
***Molta, first seen in Times Square in the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Darkness at Noon, Part 1"
***Chomp, this canon's stand-in for Crunch.
****The ad quotes Peter's line to Egon in the first movie, "You've Earned It" after the Library ghost.
**In panel 3, the newspapers in the stands bear the No Ghost logo and are from an ad for the 1st movie?
*Page 9
**In panel 2, on the left is Richard Edlund, head of effects for the first movie.
**In panel 2, above Winston is a Blody ad in the style of Enjoy Coke ads.
**In panel 2, in the lower right are:
***A boy playing a video game that looks similar to Dipper from Gravity Falls ?
***A boy with a Twinkie
**In panel 2, the five people on the stairs are ?
**In panel 2, the man on the escalator are ?
**In panel 5, left of Peter is Alice Johnson from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep".
**In panel 5, left of Winston is Professor Dweeb from Slimer! and The Real Ghostbusters.
*Page 10
**In panel 2, Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg is on a column but blocked by a word balloon.
**In panel 4, the four frames on the wall are
***Left: A Ghostbusters II ad of the guys atop of the Statue of Liberty
***Middle: Two Blody ads
***Right: The guide to Penn Station map
**Egon's body is now transmogrified, similar to his counterpart in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon on the Rampage".
**In panel 5, behind the Ghostbusters, the Skeleton woman and a Possessed Subway from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Knock, Knock" make a non-canon cameo.
*Page 11
**Ennosigaios is another name for Poseidon as Ray mentions and it translates to "Earth-Breaker" which the ghost later says.
**Winston mentions he loved Greek myth in the third grade.
**Peter alludes to Egon talking about Ivo Shandor's conclusion the world was too sick to survive while they were in jail in the first movie.
*Page 13
**Ray mentions Gozer.
**Chief Garver appeared in Volume 2 Issue #9 at Central Park.
*Page 14
**Janine alludes to her new status as the PCOC liaison.
**Janine states she took the job for more money. This "negotiation" happened between her and Peck at the end of Crossing Over #8.
**In panel 2, behind Janine are:
***Peter's generator from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep"
***The Specter Detector model sheet
**Janine mentions PCOC.
**In panel 3, the drawer label is "2020" a nod to when the next live action movie is set to release next year.
**Peter mentions Walter Peck.
*Page 15
**Left of Peter is the Ghostbusters Balloon, first introduced in Ghostbusters II in white.
**Janine stands in front of the Vigo portrait.
**Battery Park previously appeared in Ghostbusters 101 #3.
**Egon pokes a light pole like when he scanned and poked the man in the Sedgewick Hotel hall in the first movie.
**In panel 4, in the background is Liberty Island and the Statue of Liberty.
*Page 16
**Intentional or not, the ghost wears on octopus on his head. The Cult of Cathulhu had similar masks in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Collect Call of Cathulhu".
**The ghost refers to the Underworld and mentions Hades.
**Ray calls the ghost a Class 4 even though his true name is never mentioned in the story.
*Page 18
**The design of Poseidon's arm/hand is based on ?
*Page 19
**Egon mentions Poseidon is the god of earthquakes. According the myth, he could produce earthquakes by striking the earth and mountains with his trident.

To Be Identified

1. Page 2, panel 3: 2 post it notes on lamp on the right ?

2. Page 3, in panel 4: in front of Ray on the table is a Ghostbusters II mug from Colorolls?

3. Page 3, panel 4: The paper in the box on the top shelf is ?

4. Page 4, panel 3: paper under the printer on the left?

5. Page 5, panel 1: The loose page in the air on the left is ?

6. Page 6, panel 3: on the cork board are ?

7. Page 6, panel 3: on the artist's desk are ?

8. Page 8, panel 1: Civilians are based on ?

9. Page 8, panel 3: The newspapers with the No Ghost are from GB1 ad ?

10. Page 9 panel 2: Boy based on Dipper ?, 5 on stairs? Man on escalator? Man and woman on top level?

11. Atlantean language based on?

12. Poseidon arm/hand design based on ?
THREE MINUTES INTERVIEW

So there's going to be another release in October besides the conclusion of the Transformers/Ghostbusters series... and Tom points how it's Halloween time. Another Halloween-themed Annual?
Last edited by mrmichaelt on April 9th, 2019, 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By robbritton
Not much to add other than to say that I absolutely loved this. I think this one had Murray’s voice and delivery down better than any issue previous, and that’s acknowledging that it has always been good! Page 15, panel 4 is dripping with, “Oh Ray, the sponges migrated about a foot and a half” energy!
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By zeta otaku
Dan posted a colored scene of Transformers battling on Cybertron. Again, if anybody can I.D. any, post away. ;)
https://twitter.com/dannyschoening/stat ... 9171212288
Okay... best I can do at the moment... from left to right in the main action panel:

In the air:
Thundercracker as a tri-jet, Lazerbeak, Bumblebee, Skywarp

On the ground:
Sunstorm (or just a random Starscream recolor. The old cartoon was full of them), Trailbreaker, Hoist, Brawn, Gears

Bottom Panel:
Thundercracker and Skywarp in Tri-jet form
The three robots are known as Reflector.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Thanks!
In the air:
Thundercracker as a tri-jet, Lazerbeak, Bumblebee, Skywarp
Agreed.
On the ground:
Sunstorm (or just a random Starscream recolor. The old cartoon was full of them), Trailbreaker, Hoist, Brawn, Gears
I agree that's Sunstorm, Trailbreaker, and Brawn. I think that's Grapple between Trail and Brawn. The one with the red arms, I don't think that's Gears.
Bottom Panel:
Thundercracker and Skywarp in Tri-jet form
The three robots are known as Reflector.
Agreed. And that's the Ark they're shooting at I think!
By Fritz
Spook Central's preview for 35th Anniversary The Real Ghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/spookcentralgb ... ?__tn__=-R
It looks like a lot of fun, but since it IS the RGB universe, I wonder if anyone will go "Man, it's like Ghosts R Us and Robo-Buster all over again."

The very familiar feeling plot (we saw it a third time if you count the IDW Ghostbusters and the Ghosts Smashers arc) is the only complaint I have so far, and that can easily be removed depending on how the story turns out
By mrmichaelt
Early preview of the Transformers book here:
I wonder if Issue #1 will partially adapt More than Meets the Eye, Part 1. Sort of like how Get Real adapted part of Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster.

EDIT: Tom posted another page from the RGB comic.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1114326205203763202
By philmorgan81
Spook Central's preview for 35th Anniversary The Real Ghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/spookcentralgb ... ?__tn__=-R
It looks like a lot of fun, but since it IS the RGB universe, I wonder if anyone will go "Man, it's like Ghosts R Us and Robo-Buster all over again."

The very familiar feeling plot (we saw it a third time if you count the IDW Ghostbusters and the Ghosts Smashers arc) is the only complaint I have so far, and that can easily be removed depending on how the story turns out

I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if in the RGB World they are still in the season 2 time frame. If they are then they would not have dealt with Robo Buster Yet. Of course that is me just overthinking it. In the long hall it doesn’t really matter where in the RGB timeline they are right now unless it is relevant to the story. It’s up to the writers at this point. I am still excited to read this one. Even though we have seen this story 3 times before the method that these new guys use is very unique and advanced. After being made aware that there are other Ghostbusters in infinite dimensions I wonder if that would influence the RGBs approach with these Spook Away Guys. :) :) :)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if in the RGB World they are still in the season 2 time frame. If they are then they would not have dealt with Robo Buster Yet. Of course that is me just overthinking it. In the long hall it doesn’t really matter where in the RGB timeline they are right now unless it is relevant to the story. It’s up to the writers at this point. I am still excited to read this one. Even though we have seen this story 3 times before the method that these new guys use is very unique and advanced. After being made aware that there are other Ghostbusters in infinite dimensions I wonder if that would influence the RGBs approach with these Spook Away Guys. :) :) :)
We'll see, since the SOS story in IDW 20/20 was right after Crossing Over. Presumably, they haven't met Robo-Buster yet in this version but Ghosts R Us is still relevant and it still looks like the original look for Janine. I was thinking maybe because of the time they were away during Crossing Over influenced the founding of Spooks Away to take advantage of the absence. I'm sure the cover story was they went on vacation and while they were gone, there was a surge of ghosts. I'm curious about their tech. First impressions, neither of them seem like engineers or scientific polymaths...
By Dsyfer
35TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS

1. Page 1, panel 2, the dragon head is from ?
It could be a reference to one of the dinosaur skulls in the RGB episode "Moaning Stones".

By mrmichaelt
Luis' Instagram - The blowhard from Spooks Away getting a dose of Slimer's attitude.
Ha ha, he finally caved and got a social media account.

He also noted he finished his last page for Transformers/GB #1 on March 15. So he and Dan are on #2 right now.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu-RI-dlkuz/

EDIT: Erik the saw the proof of TF/GB #1.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 5116869633

EDIT: Re: on that dragon head on page 1 of last weeks 35th issue. Liverstealer figured it out.
https://twitter.com/Liverstealer/status ... 3930534914
It's the Zuul dinosaur skeleton discovered back in 2017
By Sayscalled
35th Anniversary Real Ghostbusters one-shot:

Definitely felt like a new episode of the show. I could totally buy Spooks Away taking advantage of the guys' absence for Crossing Over.

The only negative I can think of, was that the series cast/crew name drops wore a little thin.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Just got my copy of the Real Ghostbusters one shot today, it was the last copy my local comic book store had so I am really grateful I went out today. The writing by Cavan Scott really did make it seem like a lost episode of the cartoon. The artwork was top notch too! I am looking forward to reading The Extreme Ghostbusters one shot as well.
By *NormalGamer*
So basically the "Spooks Away" crew, the RGB equivalents of the "Ghost Smashers" has technology, which they stole or attempt to steal ideas from in the future, which can let them see into the future; nice to see EGB Kylie and EGB Egon get a cameo. ^_^

And "Class 99"? That's new.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
35th Anniversary: The Real Ghostbusters

"Spooks Away"
Neat twist that Saul was a necromancer er techno-necromancer but wasn't a stereotypical creep in a robe and made sense Kiki and Brad were paid actors, I felt like something was fishy about them from the previews. Still, dumb of Saul to think Ray would leave the Ghostbusters for real - it was just to serve the story and I didn't care for it. But I did love the twist he was copying EGB Egon's designs.

Never really thought about it but I guess the RGB did have to keep Slimer's presence on the low-down and he wasn't really a public figure full-time until the latter point in the series. But he did meet a lot of the supporting cast over the years. For goodness sake, he was there in the opening of "Ghosts R Us" eating the chocolate raining outside the factory. So I don't know about that smear piece segment either.

I did like that they brought in some of the one-offs like Glorp, Eldon Bromo, ABS, Who's Who in the Spirit World. I always liked the pay off with the jelly doughnuts and utilizing Slimer's insatible hunger. And the ending with Slimer saying "Yeah. No substitutes." felt like a classic RGB ending.

I also found the name dropping a bit gauche but to be fair during Get Real, they named a pack part Ramis Boards, so LaMarche Boards gets a pass from me. But the street names were a bit too on the nose. The Class 99 made me eye roll. I would have preferred a hilarious P.K.E. Meter explosion.

So I think all in all, it was a good one. Not great, not awful. But a good, decent story. I'm just happy the RGB finally got another one-shot (the first being that Mars Attack one years ago).
Easter Eggs so far
*Cover RE
**Making appearances on the cover are:
***Zonk from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghosts R Us"
***Slug from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghosts R Us"
***Snarg from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghosts R Us"
***Sandman
***Samhain
***Egon Spengler
***Winston Zeddemore
***Peter Venkman
***Ray Stantz
***Proton Pack and Particle Thrower
***P.K.E. Meter
***Boogieman
***what
***Slimer
***Killerwatt
***Grundel
***Ghash
***Winged Puma
***Ecto-1
*Credits
**The covers are mistakenly from the third issue of the mini-series, Answer The Call, in the preview pages only.
*Page 2
**Peter's high school principal is named after Richard Raynis, a producer of The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters.
**Egon mentions the LaMarche Boards, named after Egon's voice actor, Maurice LaMarche.
*Page 3
**In panel 1, the doll Peter throws is a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man doll that recurs on The Real Ghostbusters.
*Page 4
**The mobile has figures of Samhain, Slimer, and Mooglie.
*Page 5
**The next location is at the Glorp Factory. The Glorp! brand featured in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Station Identification" as one of the minor ghosts that attacks the Ghostbusters.
**The factory's street location is named after J. Michael Straczynski, story editor and writer on The Real Ghostbusters, and Richard Mueller, one of the writers on The Real Ghostbusters.
*Page 7
**The montage is similar to The Real Ghostbusters episodes "Ghosts R Us" and "Robo-Buster" when a similar rival company starts busting ghosts taking all of the Ghostbusters' gigs away.
**The ghost caught on Wednesday is Mail Fraud from Kenner's toyline.
*Page 9
**Saul's "Disgusting blob" line is a nod to Ray's line in the first movie when he first met Slimer.
*Page 11
**The Ghostbusters are in their pajamas from:
***Winston's is from "Troll Bridge"
***Egon's is from "Troll Bridge"
***Ray's loosely matches one from "Spacebusters"
***Peter's is from "Spacebusters"
**Eldon Bromo and ABS News first appeared in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon on the Rampage".
**Saul mentions the Ghostbusters' capture of Slimer at the Sedgewick Hotel in 1984.
*Page 12
**Egon clarifies Slimer is a Class 5.
*Page 13
**Ray's Spooks Away uniform has a similar color scheme to the uniform worn by dream Janine in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**Ray and Saul mention the Containment Unit.
*Page 14
**Who's Who in The Spirit World first appeared in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Revenge of the Ghostmaster".
*Page 15
**There is a cameo of Kylie and Egon from the Extreme Ghostbusters era.
***The cameo also confirms a version of Extreme Ghostbusters takes place in Dimension 68-R, the dimension designated for The Real Ghostbusters in the IDW canon.
**The Ghostbusters' technology was also copied in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Robo-Buster" but in this case, the difference is the designs were stolen from future rather than the present.
**After Ray sabotages the Prediction Engine, there is a common misspelling of his last name as "Stanz" when Saul asks him what he was doing.
*Page 16
**The busted ghosts, including Slimer, combine into a giant mega ghost much like The Real Ghostbusters episode "Robo-Buster".
**Peter makes a crack about New Jersey.
*Page 20
**Among the liberated ghosts are the Gremlin and Slyphon from the Extreme Ghostbusters title sequence and episode "Slimer's Sacrifice".
*NormalGamer* liked this
By philmorgan81
LOL! I think it is going to be really fun to see this crop deal with this kind of entity by themselves. By that I mean an entity that isn't just some Ghost, but a Demon.
I hope I am just reading too much into this, but with the cult being devestated at the fact that the host of their deity is female. Is sexisim going to be a running joke in the ATC world?

Absolutely not trying to open a can of worms here. Just curious. I still think this issue is going to be pretty fun. I do think that it is interesting and pretty clever that each world so far is keeping to their individual rules and overall feel. Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB. In the Prime Universe the classification of Ghosts doesn't exceed 7. In this reality much like the film you can't even take this Cult too seriously because they are written satirically stupid. That seems to be the rule in the ATC world, if you are not one of the 4 core members you are less than useless. ;)

I was hoping that maybe they would make this world feel less like a satire and start throwing some serious threats that would really challenge the characters. I saw them do some serious growth in 101 and Crossing Over. I would really love to see these characters do some growth on their own. If they did that though it probably wouldn't feel like ATC. So I guess it is kind of a double edged sword. Well the opening of this story may seem a bit silly, but I can't really draw any conclusions until I read the whole book next Wednesday. Again I still think this will be fun. :) :) :)
By robbritton
That seems to be the rule in the ATC world, if you are not one of the 4 core members you are less than useless. ;)
You take that back about Rebecca Gorin! :D
As to the sexism thing, I guess they’ve earned that right if so. The last three comic outings (counting 101, Crossing Over and Answer The Call) didn’t really touch on it, so it’s fair game for some comment at this remove, I reckon.
But yeah, after a slightly woolly RGB entry, the ATC one looks to have captured the voice of its inspiration a lot better, so I’m looking forward to this one!
By ghoulishfright
Finally checked out the RGB comic -- that was a lot of fun. They pretty much nailed the voices and the artwork (the ectoplasm looked great), although a few things were a little off, like the proton packs, the sign over the firehouse door being round instead of square, etc., but obviously those are just minor gripes that didn't really ruin anything. I would totally be down for a whole series of this RGB comic, with the same artists and writers.
The only major gripe I had in this issue was that Peter was too nice to Slimer. He's usually the first one celebrating when Slimer gets kidnapped or runs away, not the first one trying to get him back (although maybe he was motivated more by spite for Spooks Away than genuine concern for Spud).
By mrmichaelt
LOL! I think it is going to be really fun to see this crop deal with this kind of entity by themselves. By that I mean an entity that isn't just some Ghost, but a Demon.
Yeah, it's cool to see them settle into the routine of going out on calls and busting ghosts then having to deal with a Class 7 every so often.
I hope I am just reading too much into this, but with the cult being devestated at the fact that the host of their deity is female. Is sexisim going to be a running joke in the ATC world?
Interesting query. Since ATC did lean more towards the modern era and current issues, I think it comes part and parcel. But to be honest, I didn't even think of a sexism component but that's a fair interpretation. I thought they were just following the lore to the "T" and it specified a male vessel.
Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB.
I don't know, I felt like that crossed a line even for RGB. I would have preferred something like, "He's just as powerful as Cathulhu!" Stick to Class 1 to 13, y'know?
start throwing some serious threats that would really challenge the characters.
They had a serious enough threat with Kruger in the ATC mini-series, imo.
Do you believe in ghosts?

Absolutely! Believe it or not ive had experience[…]

Bumpers can go for $4500. I can't imagine you pick[…]

Don’t forget Rick Moranis. True but I nev[…]

Rome Film Festival news.

I was there with the Ghostbusters Italia team, I c[…]