Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
That's freakin' rad.

I recall they were trying to do a crossover for Mass Hysteria! at the end of Volume 2 but it didn't happen. Wonder what changed. I suppose they're still testing the waters with another crossover mini. Super excited for Wonder Con now.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By JayTigran
Excitement abounds!

This could be epic!

"Why are your jumpsuits multi-colored?" "Why are you blonde?" etc etc etc

How will they react to an "intelligent" Slimer (talking, hanging out with the guys, etc...)
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, I bet they're going to wish they destroyed the Interspatial Teleportation Unit after they tossed Chi-You. lol.

But I can see Egon and Ray voting to keep it around because of its invaluable source of research data.

It'll be interesting learn who they chose as the antagonist - someone from the IDWverse, from the RGBverse, both, a new character...
By philmorgan81
Oh My God!!! I didn't even think of what could be so big that it would take these two teams to bring down, or who the villain or villains could be. Now my excitement has quadrupled. :):):)
By Razorgeist
mrmichaelt wrote: It'll be interesting learn who they chose as the antagonist - someone from the IDWverse, from the RGBverse, both, a new character...
Erik had already set up that the Boogeyman was hatching an escape attempt. Maybe he has something to do with this?
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Glad to see the IDW comic books are continuing. I loved the Ghostbusters/ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cross over stroy and I am sure that I will enjoy this as well.
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Erik had already set up that the Boogeyman was hatching an escape attempt. Maybe he has something to do with this?
Hmm, I didn't think about that possibility. Rodefhiri or any bogey for that matter would find portal to other dimensions rather tantalizing since it means more meals.
By mrmichaelt
June solicit reveals the new mini series!

Ghostbusters Get Real #1
Ghostbusters Get Real #1 of 4

Tentative release date 6/17/15

By Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening (and likely Luis Delgado)

Sub cover by Erica Henderson

When a confrontation with the elder God Proteus goes awry, Peter, Ray, Winston and Egon will meet... THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS!

Order code APR150362 and APR150363 (Sub cover)
Yippee!
By philmorgan81
Awesome!!! It's Proteus!!!! Looks like there is unfinished business with that god, of course it would take 2 teams of Ghostbusters deal with him. I will say it again this team Rocks, they are always outdoing themselves. Now I understand why there are so many Slimers in the image. It's so Slimer can be on every cover. This is going to be epic!! :):):)
By Dr.D
This should be pretty special. I hope it sells well, not that I'm not a fan of Burnham and Schoening's Ghostbusters, but I'd go nuts for a new RGB comic.
By Roger Rabbit
The above image just proves what a great job the character designers of the cartoon did. Even from that blurry pic, I could tell it was The Real Ghostbusters.
By Razorgeist
Roger Rabbit wrote:The above image just proves what a great job the character designers of the cartoon did. Even from that blurry pic, I could tell it was The Real Ghostbusters.
Thats a great point! I hope this will land us a stand alone RGB miniseries eventually.
By mrmichaelt
Erik posted what all 4 regular covers look combined and undoubtedly Dan slipped in an easter egg.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 4265435137

All those things Slimer ate are from the show like Winston's birthday cake in "Slimer, Come Home" and the valentine heart box from "Ghosts R Us". I think the liter bottle might be Blody from the IDW comic.

Erik Burnham will be at the IDW 2015 and Beyond panel at ECCC on March 27, 1-1:30 pm in Hall C. Get Real will likely be mentioned there.

Since Idulnas was able to use mirrors as portals... and mirrors play a role with Proteus in "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" where the RGBs were held in a dimensional limbo... hmm.
By Roger Rabbit
Razorgeist wrote:
Roger Rabbit wrote:The above image just proves what a great job the character designers of the cartoon did. Even from that blurry pic, I could tell it was The Real Ghostbusters.
Thats a great point! I hope this will land us a stand alone RGB miniseries eventually.
That would be great. I remember reading that the comic creators wanted to do a RGB series a while back, but the sales for the regular series weren't strong enough.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Erik posted what all 4 regular covers look combined and undoubtedly Dan slipped in an easter egg.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 4265435137

All those things Slimer ate are from the show like Winston's birthday cake in "Slimer, Come Home" and the valentine heart box from "Ghosts R Us". I think the liter bottle might be Blody from the IDW comic.

Erik Burnham will be at the IDW 2015 and Beyond panel at ECCC on March 27, 1-1:30 pm in Hall C. Get Real will likely be mentioned there.

Since Idulnas was able to use mirrors as portals... and mirrors play a role with Proteus in "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" where the RGBs were held in a dimensional limbo... hmm.
It does seem like Troy's article hints at something like that...
In this case, we had an easy way to get everyone together from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon itself: folks, go watch "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" and you'll see some clues as to how this story comes to pass (we flesh it out from other angles on the page, so it won't totally spoil the comic!).
That might help explain why the timelines don't synch up, since it's c.1996 (or even later) in IDW world. By 1996+ in animated canon, the original Ghostbusters were out of business. A more "timely" crossover would be with the Extreme Ghostbusters...

(...Boy does that get the thoughts flowing for me, though...)

IDW Venkman: So wait...in this world, Egon looks like Roger, and the Ghostbusters are Kylie, her illiterate boyfriend, and two guys I've never heard of before?

EGB Kylie: "Boyfriend"?!?!

EGB Eduardo: "Illiterate"?!

IDW Winston: Well, actually, I know who one of the others is--it's Tiyah's nephew Roland Jackson.

EGB Roland: How in the world do you know Aunt Tiyah?

IDW Ray: Better you not ask.

EGB Garrett: And once more, they know everybody but me. It's the Tempus crap all over again...

(Er, anyway...)

C.1985/1987 when their battle with Proteus took place the RGBs are at the top of their game, and match what we see in the cover images.

I guess we'll find out in June. :lol:

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]