Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
So, I know from my old collection that there was a comic book adaptation of Ghostbusters II into the Real Ghostbusters comic book series from NOW comics... To my knowledge that never extended to the first film for whatever reason.

Honestly, my *near* complete collection of that singular series is my only experience with the comic book side of Ghostbusters.

Now the reason I bring this up is I am, after well over a decade getting back into comic books (It's a looooooong story) a big part of my life used to be drawing and writing them.

As sort of a... practice if you will. I thought it might be a cool idea to adapt a movie into a comic book in my free-time. Naturally, the best movie ever made is Ghostbusters, so it gets my pick.

So... has anyone ever done this? did IDW or the Marvel series from Europe?

ARE there other series than "Ghostbusters" by IDW, or the 2 "The Real Ghostbusters" from NOW and Marvel???

I got "Total Containment" for Christmas, and haven't cracked it open yet... I think it's IDW.

Anyway, any info would help. And I'd love to hear what you guys think about the idea too. Obviously it wouldn't be an all out serious thing, just something I'd do for fun and then share with fellow fans. Probably have no color, or some small bits of color for ghosts, proton streams, and the logo and stuff. (I'm not huge on the amount of time it takes to do digital color honestly)
Sadly none of the comic series have released a complete adaptation. The IDW series has adapted a couple of scenes from the first movie, the final scene where the Ghostbusters are blasting the temple as Stay Puft looks on, and a brief panel from the investigation of the Sedgewick appeared in the Displaced Aggression miniseries, and the opening arc of the monthly series had a slight modification of the "are you a God?" scene, as well as Stay Puft approaching the Shandor Building.

Funny that you should mention doing a fan comic adaptation of the first movie... many, many years ago I started pencilling pages for a "The Real Ghostbusters in Ghostbusters" comic. I think I even came across some of the pages from it in the last couple of years.
It's really surprising it was never done....

I thought about doing an RGB style one, but I figured I'd have more fun with it throwing my own style at it, rather than trying to copy another style.

That's pretty cool though that you had started one. I've honestly never done anything like this. Always worked with 100% original stuff (Outside of the Sonic Comics I drew in elementary school that were atrocious in design and writing lol)

If you ever do any more work on yours, I'd love to see it.

I do want to stress, and will probably do so plenty more as this goes on that what I'm doing what be even remotely professional quality. I hate when people make empty promises and stuff. I honestly don't know if I'll finish it, but anything I do I'll be sure to upload.
I fiddled with an adaptation of my own about thirteen years ago. Didn't get very far on it, but there's one page from it as the splash picture at my art page:
http://www.ectozone.com/images/

One of my first fan fics, Ghost Stories, actually started out as part of that project. I thought a news article could be an interesting replacement for the montage sequence in the static comic medium.
IneptGamer liked this
I recall Dan Schoening fiddled with some scenes from the movie in the RGB style and the prime style in his early days online. I know even did the scene with Mayor Lenny in both styles for fun.
http://danschoening.deviantart.com/art/ ... -184260343

Given what we've seen with Get Real recently, he and Luis could pull of an adaptation in either version.
Oh WOW. It's cool seeing his art applied to the RGB style of characters, and then being able to see a comparison like that. I've always been of a fan of the original RGB styles from the cartoon (pedestrians from season 1 not included) I even tried to do a comic of my own in that style for a little while... but it just wasn't translating well to my character designs.

I've since adapted my own personal style that I enjoy a lot. Trying to pick it all back up is one of the strangest feelings ever. I used to draw SO much and it all came so easily. Now simple things like profile shots are giving me a headache. I'll get it... just gotta keep at it. Hence this project haha, trick myself into practicing really. I just downloaded a digital copy of Ghostbusters last night (I have basically every version commercially released, but transferring that to PC? No clue... Torrents are easier lol) So I could use it as a reference for panel composition and how I'd want to frame things. I'm going to focus on one scene at a time and see how far I can take this thing.

I am torn about one thing though: Do I start doing this via digital software (Photoshop/Manga Studio), or pen & paper. I have an old Wacom Tablet (Bamboo), but I feel while that is great for refining work, I've always had trouble starting from scratch that way. I don't have a scanner either, so I'm torn on where to begin with that haha. Really wish I could afford that Cintiq 2 they have up online... Digital Sketchbook if I ever saw one haha.

Do any of you guys have experience with digital media vs traditional medium?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]