Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
therookie wrote:sweet, so are you completely making a customer particle thrower or using the ones that come with the pack ? either way those are great. Fantastic job.
I only have the purple packs and none of them came with throwers. I understand that they had big clunky clips on them and didn't resemble the throwers much. The orange "gun" came with one of the Ecto lots I bought. I cut it down and used it as a thrower for the "movie packs". The cartoon thrower is scratch built from styrene.

I tried to make a peg and hole system to hold the throwers on the packs, much like the Matty Mattel's. That didn't work out to be a very solid solution, so it's on to plan "B".
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:Capt I thought you mentioned using little magnets to attach the pack the RGB back and also for the gun to attach to the pack?
No, I didn't and yer spoilin' th' plan B announcement.:lol:

I ordered up smaller magnets for the throwers, I should have them by Wednesday.
By CaptCyan
From the posts here, there seems to be some interest in "Movie" packs. The ones I have now are made just to sit inside an Ecto. They are only a recast of the purple Real Ghostbusters packs and are solid resin.

My origional idea was that the "Cartoon" packs could be be painted either way, but I changed my mind about that. They are not exact, but more like the Movie packs.

And yes, there will be throwers.

By CaptCyan
Magnets, schmagnets. I got them yesterday. Here's the deal, the larger mags are for holding the packs to the figures. The smaller (which I just got) are for holding the throwers to the packs. Yeah, I know, I need to get some more of the larger ones.

Speaking of throwers, I'm just about done with the "Movie" throwers.

I'm befing up the "Cartoon" thrower, too.

If I can stop tweaking this stuff, I may get around to actually casting some of it up.
By CaptCyan
Vincenzo330 wrote:Hey hey hey I get mine first :)
Yes, you will, and joeghostbuster, mikegb1984x and the rest of you who posted interest. I ordered up some new silicone mold material as the stuff I have left is getting thick. I don't want to miss any gribbly details I put on these things.
By CaptCyan
Fresh from the new molds, we have Ray sporting the "Cartoon" style pack.

And Lewis is hefting the "Movie" style pack.

Unpainted, both packs come in basic black

I'm still working on the thrower molds for both and should have them done by Thursday.
By Omega165
Fantastic, wish I had your skills. Deffinatally gonna want a set of each. You sir deserve a cruch bar.
By CaptCyan
Thanks for the crunch!

Lewis has one that I gave a quick paint up to. Ray has a reject pack unpainted for comparison.

Close ups of the painted pack.

The hose line is fused in the plastic, it's not going anywhere.

GBDRE760 liked this
By joeghostbuster
man, those are AWESOME! bonus that the cord is fused into the pack - I know I'm going to buy at least one set (four) of each - I like the "rack packs" too (with the sculpted cord, seen below), I'd buy a set of those too if youre offering them Capt

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2844/p4200018.jpg

cant wait to see the new pics of the throwers!
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:Capt, imageshack seems to be on the fritz - can you rehost these pics? I tried to save them but it says they're not there anymore...

p4210008.jpg

p4210005.jpg

p4210002.jpg

p4210003g.jpg
Hey joeghostbuster, I just checked my "images" section and they are still there and they popped up in this thread. I think you're right about it "fritzing", too many large adds loading, give it a try again later.

And yes, I'm stockpiling "Racks with Packs", I'll put one on the side with your name on it.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]