Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
This is some really epic stuff! I cant wait to see what you come out with next!
Well, you didn't have to wait long. :lol: Truth is, I've been working on things off and on for a few months and just got this one done.

Vigo is angry because his hair is Grey and he can't bend his arms to cuddle his Carpathian Kitten. Damn you Matty!

I'll fix that...Hey Blondie!

I also gave his Studs a go over and Black washed his Tunic. I'm putting in swivel joints so he can move his arms side to side. .

The joint are nothing fancy, just a Rod held in place with a Plate

Stick him back together and He's ready to go. Ladies and Gentlemen, Vigo has left the Painting!

Look at him smile, now.

So, is he that much different? Damn skippy, take a look.

slaysghosts, Carpeteria, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
awesome!!! great work!
Not I'll definitely be interested to see whether you give Liberty a period accurate flame, or if you go for the "post explosion" fireball. Shame Liberty's missing two of the spikes from her crown, but I suppose that gives you an excuse to craft some more accurate ones that end with a point.
Hey KP!

As I purchased Libby's Head used, it was missing one of the Spikes. I left the other one off as she looked lopsided. Darn those child safety people for rounding off the points.

This is the scene I'm thinking of so her Torch would be post Explosion.

I'd take a small liberty (pun intended) and have her Face showing behind her Torch Holding Hand while it was busting through the Skylight.
Sutton621 liked this
CaptCyan wrote:Thanks Guys!

No primer. I scrubbed him with Bleche-Wite, masked off his eyes and mouth and used Citadel Paint. Dark Angels Green for the base ,coat, Snot Green for the mid tone and then I went with an Acrylic Craft Paint for the top coat called Thermal Green. Bonded real nice with the Citadel.
Is that bleche-wite similar as nail polish removal? Could you perhaps tell me the active ingredient, cause I don't seem to have bleche wite here in Belgium.
Hey Gang!

Still too hot and humid to do any resin casting or mold making, but I have done some Decal work on my computer. You might remember this project from awhile back (like page 8 :roll: )

It's the Tristan Jones version of Tobin's Spirit Guide. This is the one I'm going to send to him (if he ever PM's me back with his mailing address). Inside pages we have our old friend, Tempus.

The book is well worn as Egon refers to it almost every day.

By CaptCyan
Thanks guys!
Agent Gibbs wrote:... how did you get so good at this cap?
Hey Gibby!

Research, trial and error and once something works, practice, practice, practice...plus I've been building plastic models since I was 10. :lol:

Now the reason for this post (besides saying thanks). I won one of these on eBay. It's the No Ghost Logo that was made in Argentina by Jocsa. He looks a little worse for wear, but I got him for a good price.

Fingers seem to be a problem with these figures. I did some repair work on one of these before, so I know what I'm getting into.

Mine's coming from Buenos Aires, Argentina so it should show up sometime mid September.
Very nice snag Capt but I do have to point out that this No Ghost Logo is actually not from the Real Ghostbusters toy line by Josca but it's from a PVC set that is a very close cousin to Yolanda's PVC set, here is an image of the Real Ghostbuters PVC set that that No Ghost Logo belongs in:

By CaptCyan
Thanks, Al, I'm sure you did. :wink:

I went with the eBay description which reads:

"GHOSTBUSTERS

"LOGO"

2"inch tall (5cm)

PLASTIC MINI GHOST FIGURE

BRAND: JOCSA

MADE IN ARGENTINA IN 1984
Under license from KENNER

VERY RARE!

YOU WILL RECIEVE THE EXACT ITEM SHOWN IN PICTURES"

Before I purchased it, I did look through the Toy section here on GB Fans and saw the Yolanda figure set. As the two No Ghost Logos have different head shapes and hand positions, I had no reason not to believe the seller. Perhaps you should add your knowledge to that section so others do not make the same mistake and save them from negative Karma. A group picture of that No Ghost Logo next to your figures would also help.
joeghostbuster liked this
By AlTheRelic
CaptCyan wrote:Thanks, Al, I'm sure you did. :wink:

I went with the eBay description which reads:

"GHOSTBUSTERS

"LOGO"

2"inch tall (5cm)

PLASTIC MINI GHOST FIGURE

BRAND: JOCSA

MADE IN ARGENTINA IN 1984
Under license from KENNER

VERY RARE!

YOU WILL RECIEVE THE EXACT ITEM SHOWN IN PICTURES"

Before I purchased it, I did look through the Toy section here on GB Fans and saw the Yolanda figure set. As the two No Ghost Logos have different head shapes and hand positions, I had no reason not to believe the seller. Perhaps you should add your knowledge to that section so others do not make the same mistake and save them from negative Karma. A group picture of that No Ghost Logo next to your figures would also help.
If you shoot me your number via pm I'll text you a pic of my figurines and no ghost, I'm like a dummy when it comes to pics on this website, I myself just lost my one Karma point I had left, I guess we have little kids that need to grow up, we're all supposed to help one another as Ghostheads, I don't understand why people abuse the Karma system but that's nothing new here, I was lucky that this pic was already up on GBfans, you can post my pic up on the forums that set will be sold late september to early october
CaptCyan wrote:But then you would be forever dependent on my availability, and we can't have that. I thought I would write a tute about posting pictures, but Nonagon has done something like that already. Here's the link:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 11&t=31983

Enjoy your independence! :-D
Thanks Capt, I'll try my best when I get home
Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to help Capt with testing out a few of his new products.. Hopefully he got some useful feedback, I am going to be making my own more detailed thread, but I at least wanted to show off the results here as well.

Here is the completed mega trap.

And the completed Tobins!

I had a lot of fun making these..Though i would highly recommend using Decal Setter on the trap. It made life a lot easier!
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
Hey BD!

Nice builds you did. :nicejobyoudid: I looked at all the pics you posted on your thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=34575

I think you did a better job on your Tobins cover than I did. It's also nice to see how "the Spud" looks in the book. Thanks again for the build comment you've sent along. I'll see what I can change before I set these loose on the community. :lol:
By CaptCyan
Well look what showed up in the mail. Turns out he's the same thing...only different.

The Ghost looks the same, but the one that I worked on before had the Red Symbol molded as part of the figure. This Guy is made of a soft rubbery plastic and the Red Circle/Slash is a hard plastic 2nd piece.

I believe that the first figure had printing on either the bottom or on his Butt, this one has no identification at all.

It also looks like the plastic wasn't at maximum temp when they made him. You can se how the folds of plastic filled up the mold. So, what's the scoop, Al? :wink:
By AlTheRelic
It also looks like the plastic wasn't at maximum temp when they made him. You can se how the folds of plastic filled up the mold. So, what's the scoop, Al? :wink:
This is exactly what is written in the red circle behind my No Ghost Logo and Ghostbusters: © 84 COLUMBIA PIC. IND. INC. COMICS SPAIN
By CaptCyan
Hey Al,

Is your figure all one piece or two separate parts like mine?

AlTheRelic wrote:This is exactly what is written in the red circle behind my No Ghost Logo and Ghostbusters: © 84 COLUMBIA PIC. IND. INC. COMICS SPAIN
As you can see, there is no writing on mine at all. Any ideas as to who made this little guy if not Jocsa or Yolanda?
By AlTheRelic
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Al,

Is your figure all one piece or two separate parts like mine?

AlTheRelic wrote:This is exactly what is written in the red circle behind my No Ghost Logo and Ghostbusters: © 84 COLUMBIA PIC. IND. INC. COMICS SPAIN
As you can see, there is no writing on mine at all. Any ideas as to who made this little guy if not Jocsa or Yolanda?
It's a damn interesting question, I own what may be one of the only set of Real Ghostbusters Fab Four that goes along with this little No Ghost Logo, I have to double check when I get back home, I'm half Argentine and as you know half French, I had a pal of mine Julio also Argentinian that worked in Josca on the Ghostbusters and Police Academy series so I was taught all about those sets by him. Unfortunatly for all of us he's passed on, I paid a hefty price about a year ago for this set and it's only because in all honesty so little is known about this PVC set, it's not made by Yolanda but it's deafinetly a close cousin as you can see from the pic I posted a couple of replies ago, what I admire most about this particular set over the Yolanda is the attention to the cuff colors and that the no ghost logos on their jumpsuits are actually sculpted rather than painted, I'm still on the fence as to weather or not this PVC set was in fact an official set that was produced by Columbia Pictures, I just can't see a knock off company go threw the trouble of engraving the name Columbia Pictures on this set if it weren't legit but than again they might have also written that on these figures out of sheer fright that agents might kick down the factory doors and have put a halt to their boot-legging operation so to speak. Capt, all I can tell you is to stray away from Argentina, I believe almost 99% that our answers lie in Spain since that is the country that is engraved along side the Columbia pictures enterprise on these PVC's, I shall see when I get back home if my figurine of the No Ghost Logo is one solid molded piece or two pieces that create a figurine.
By elsoldao7
Hey Capt, have you tried to make any slime streams like the one for the Rookie, but for the 12-inchers? With all the GBII 2-packs showing up it could be a big seller!
RaysEctogoggles liked this

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]