Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Actually Quint is still with AICN. McWeeny was Moriarty on that site.
Right, thanks. It's been awhile since I paid any attention to AICN.

And I can certainly understand his wanting a pen name. Don't want to make fun of anyone, but his real name is probably not ideal for a writer.
Too hot to handle and too cold to hold, lol I've been transported back to the eighties rap game!
awesome!

On the book, can we say pre-ordered boys and girls!
Alex Newborn wrote:More tweets by Dan Wallace. (@danwall88)

Details of my upcoming #Ghostbusters book. They say it is simultaneously too hot too handle and too cold to hold.

Needed a ruling from @insighteditions attorneys re: ‪#‎Ghostbusters‬ book on whether Vigo was allowed to battle my boys http://t.co/yglfVBewIS

They responded in the negative. ‪#‎Ghostbusters‬ ‪#‎SDCC‬
Hi all--Alex gave me a heads-up that there was some discussion about the book here. Yes, the collectors edition is the real deal but according to Insight Editions it won't be out until Spring 2016:

https://twitter.com/insighteditions/sta ... 6057792512

I don't really know as much about things like the removable items and the collectors edition tablet because I was much more involved with the text itself. But I can help find things out if they're available and okay to talk about.

Lots of GB fans helped on the book by working with Insight on the imagery. Alex was a tremendous help to me on the writing and fact-checking front. Like he said, we've known each other since the mid-90s so when I got the chance to work on this book last year he was the first person I contacted.

It's very much a "making of" book (not a Jedi Path-style in-universe book) but I'm hoping fans like it. Nothing is going to ever top Don Shay's Making Ghostbusters but I hope this is a good successor in that vein. We were able to get some amazing concept artwork from Thom Enriquez for both GB and GB2 that I don't think have ever been seen before (he said he got them out of his garage).
Alex Newborn liked this
I asked Dan about the Collector's Edition. He confirmed it is real, not a joke. He said the pic that he tweeted from SDCC was the first he'd heard about it, but per this tweet from Insight Editions, the collectible version won't come out until 2016. They're working with another company to produce it. Maybe Sideshow?

Alex
Rockerrob69 liked this
Just in case anybody missed this, since it was only just approved:
Dan Wallace wrote:Hi all--Alex gave me a heads-up that there was some discussion about the book here. Yes, the collectors edition is the real deal but according to Insight Editions it won't be out until Spring 2016:

I don't really know as much about things like the removable items and the collectors edition tablet because I was much more involved with the text itself. But I can help find things out if they're available and okay to talk about.

Lots of GB fans helped on the book by working with Insight on the imagery. Alex was a tremendous help to me on the writing and fact-checking front. Like he said, we've known each other since the mid-90s so when I got the chance to work on this book last year he was the first person I contacted.

It's very much a "making of" book (not a Jedi Path-style in-universe book) but I'm hoping fans like it. Nothing is going to ever top Don Shay's Making Ghostbusters but I hope this is a good successor in that vein. We were able to get some amazing concept artwork from Thom Enriquez for both GB and GB2 that I don't think have ever been seen before (he said he got them out of his garage).
And Mr. Wallace:

Alex Newborn liked this
Dan Wallace wrote:It's very much a "making of" book (not a Jedi Path-style in-universe book) but I'm hoping fans like it.
I was actually hoping for a more "production/making-of" book. The in-universe stuff just isn't by thing. Cool to hear.
Dan Wallace wrote:We were able to get some amazing concept artwork from Thom Enriquez for both GB and GB2 that I don't think have ever been seen before (he said he got them out of his garage).
AWESOME!!!!:love: I love Enriquez's art. I have several cool concept and storyboard pieces of his from the GB1 production.

Can we expect anything from Aykroyd's original Pre-Reitman/Ramis pitch material?
Dan Wallace wrote:Alex was a tremendous help to me on the writing and fact-checking front. Like he said, we've known each other since the mid-90s so when I got the chance to work on this book last year he was the first person I contacted.
Well, that's high praise.

Since Dan himself let the cat out of the bag, I can admit it now: I've read this book in manuscript form and I was very impressed.

He assembled facts in two months that took me thirty years to learn, but at every turn I found myself admiring the way he had put details together and organized the structure and crafted the words.

Now I'm on giddy tenterhooks to see it in its final form, with all the pictures!

Alex
LandoSystem wrote: So it's especially exciting to know that Dan Wallace is doing this book. In a roundabout way, he got me into prop building and costuming, and by extension the world of charity fundraising and volunteer public service.
Reading this made my day. Thanks for posting this. It's more evidence of the Power of Star Wars!
Alex Newborn wrote: I vaguely recall hearing that Dan replaced another author for this book, but Drew McWeeny sounds like a fake placeholder name to me. Is that a real author?
As others pointed out, Drew used to be Moriarity on AICN and currently writes about movies for HitFix. My understanding is that he got the ball rolling on this project but then had to back out due to other commitments. I pretty much started from scratch (nothing had really been written yet) but I was grateful to be able to use transcripts from a few interviews that Drew had already completed by that point.
Alex Newborn liked this
Mitleid wrote:Me too!! I freakin love the book
Croker wrote:Yep, got mine last week too and I'm really impressed with it. Excellent content and a real quality feel to the whole book. Lovely stuff!
I'm totally blown away by the luxury feel of the book, the hardback is awesome and the embossed no ghost logo on the front is cool. I like the thick feel of the pages and the vibrancy of the colours in the pictures.

This really is a must have item for fans.
MagicMan666 wrote:Before I take the plunge, has anyone heard anything about the version that comes with the temple case, if that is still happening?
gold333 wrote:Yeah, I'd love to know that too
The last I heard I thought it was happening around April next year, but I guess things could of changed so we do need a better source.
d_osborn wrote:
Spengler_555_2368 wrote:https://youtu.be/AbnAoe4LbgY?t=25m11s
Cool! I clicked through the video a few times and already spotted a John Daviekis pitch drawing that I've never seen.

For those of you that have already received the books, where did you order? I pre-ordered from Amazon but nothing has shown up.

Amazon .co.uk. The British version was released last week.
Spengler_555_2368 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]