Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
There are aspects of the forth coming DS figures that are not 100% but I have to say I think they are all around superior to the Matty releases over the years. I am an avid collector and am struggling on whether or not I should keep what I have or purge and purchase these new releases.

A Dana who stands, the better likenesses for Ray and Peter, plus we will finally see a release of Gozer, Slimer, and the Terror dogs all in scale with one another. Who would have guessed we would get Janine!

Im just on the fence and wondered what all of the fellow collectors are doing/ would do if they had an issue of space.
I'm very limited on space as it is in my currently living situation, I have all my mattel figures packed away. I currently have mine listed as a lot on ebay, but decided to keep the Rookie. I just sat and thought about it really, and although I have the first series of the DST figures pre-ordered I'm still up in the air as to if I will collect them or not. Looking at the Hollywood collectibles statue preview of peter has me hopeful those will look great and not be to pricey so I can get all 4 and just have a nice representation of the guys and be happy.
I'm keeping everything primarily because I do like the Matty figures. I will say that I don't know what the market is looking like these days for the Matty line. I'd hate to sell 10 figures and be stuck with the rest because people already have them or don't want them anymore. I'd rather have a complete collection rather than be stuck with half.

Also, we've gotten more out of the Matty line than we are guaranteed to get with the DST line. As it stands, the DST line isn't going to offer ghosts outside of Slimer, Gozer and the Dogs. That could change depending on success of the line and their desire to make other ghosts, but I''m not going to count on it just yet.
I can appreciate all the comments above. So from the research I've done, at minimum all the figures have held their value and in many instances have increased. I'm concerned if I sell and wait until after DST are released the values will depreciate.

Concerning the ghosts, I have majority of the line MOC and only the 4 GBs plus Walter Peck loose. I didn't feel the need to have them all loose so I went back and purchased the extra ghosts to have loose with the 4 guys. Id be covered with the ghosts and I'd wind up keeping Vigo just in case.

Anyways I feel like the clock is ticking on this decision for me.
I was thinking the same but I did wonder what if I sold them all and the diamond series was cancelled half way through for some reason. Not sure how likely that would be but did wonder.

I don't see them dropping massivly in value, they might not go for the inflated prices but I don't think you would lose money. The Matty ones would likely be rarer since they were only available on their website, and let's be realistic, they never really got the word out about their line. I can imagine some people discovering the matty ones for the first time whilst searching for the new Diamond. That could help keep the value there.

It's a tough one....
out of curiosity what would some of you ask for a complete Ghostbusters collection from Mattel especially knowing Diamond Select is releasing a very nice collection
This is actually a little intriguing to me too, so I looked on eBay.

The prices seem to vary kind of wildly. I'd say if they're loose, you can expect $10-15 per figure (MAYBE $20+ for certain ones).

If they're in the boxes, I think you can get considerably more.

I'm also debating the same thing so it will be intriguing to see how this goes.
Well if a lot of us on here decide to sell them off on eBay the prices will probably go down based on eBay flooding with new ones. Since most of them only sell for 10-20 in the package, id rather keep then rather than lose money. Worst case toss them in a box then wait and see what happens with the new line. Thats what I'm going to do, I do think that the Neca prices will fall for sure, especially on the dogs, since this is the first time offered since the Neca line.
windycitywarrior71 wrote:Well if a lot of us on here decide to sell them off on eBay the prices will probably go down based on eBay flooding with new ones. Since most of them only sell for 10-20 in the package, id rather keep then rather than lose money. Worst case toss them in a box then wait and see what happens with the new line. Thats what I'm going to do, I do think that the Neca prices will fall for sure, especially on the dogs, since this is the first time offered since the Neca line.
I very much agree with this. Frankly, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to just save my Mattel figures to eventually let me kids play with them.

The NECA figures will almost surely go down in value, at least some. Probably not a ton, because they're still really popular and people tend to like the sculpts, but... they've also been the ONLY option for the terror dogs and Gozer before, so...
windycitywarrior71 liked this
I sold my NECA pieces a long time ago and still regret it. Had every one. If I were you I would wait and make absolutely sure you are satisfied with what DST offers.

Unless of course you need the money, then sell now.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
windycitywarrior71 wrote:Well if a lot of us on here decide to sell them off on eBay the prices will probably go down based on eBay flooding with new ones. Since most of them only sell for 10-20 in the package, id rather keep then rather than lose money. Worst case toss them in a box then wait and see what happens with the new line. Thats what I'm going to do, I do think that the Neca prices will fall for sure, especially on the dogs, since this is the first time offered since the Neca line.
I very much agree with this. Frankly, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to just save my Mattel figures to eventually let me kids play with them.

The NECA figures will almost surely go down in value, at least some. Probably not a ton, because they're still really popular and people tend to like the sculpts, but... they've also been the ONLY option for the terror dogs and Gozer before, so...
While they may have been the only option in the past, DST's offerings for the Terror Dogs and Gozer aren't exactly convincing me to rush out and ditch my Neca ones. The Terror Dogs in particular are just awful. They look more like they did in the Real Ghostbusters, with a half-hearted attempt at a movie paint scheme. And, they also seem really undersized. They were bigger than Louis and Dana in the films, but seem significantly smaller in DST's figures. So, no, my Neca Terror Dogs and probably Gozer will stay permanent fixtures in my collection.
Yeah, the DST dogs don't look as visually appealing as the NECA versions do. I'll hold off on my final judgement until I have it in hand, but so far I'm not too impressed by it. The DST Gozer isn't bad, but I really like the extras that come with the NECA figure. So far the NECA figures seem like they'll make for better display pieces than the DST versions.
Haha I agree with all the above comments. I have the 4 NECAs moc so my display options are already limited. Same goes for most of my Mattels. Having most MOC has always been my issue since my wall space is already being taken up with my display cases full of loose figures of a bunch of varieties.

I love the idea of MOC figures but know it limits you with posing and if space is a problem. Maybe this round I'll sell all my Mattels and buy the DsT to open and actually have a creative display... Decisions decisions
MagicMan666 wrote:I was thinking the same but I did wonder what if I sold them all and the diamond series was cancelled half way through for some reason. Not sure how likely that would be but did wonder.
About the likelihood of the line being cancelled...

DST failed at marketing nice sculpts of highly desired 2nd-and-3rd tier Star Trek characters to the massive base of Star Trek fans. In fact they couldn't even get all the crews of all the series out. They fixated on billions of variants of Spock and Kirk from TOS. They stated the retailer orders just weren't there to continue, and that is probably true, but IMO that's only because they fumbled on keeping the momentum. They even had many awesome figures announced, up for pre-order, that eventually were scrapped.

I could be wrong, but I feel safe stating that Trek has a larger **collectible-buying** fan base (probably with more disposable income to boot) than Ghostbusters. The Ghostbuster figures are at a higher price point. And, in my opinion, based on what we've seen, they are batting below average on making their figures as good as or better than the Mattel likenesses.

DST will milk the 4 hero variants for all they're worth. You think Matty did that? DST will find a way to do it 100 times more offensively. If they handle it anything like they've handled their new Trek select line lately, they will also obscure every possible detail from us about release dates & wave contents, and they may even end up making promises for those great characters we've never had in figure form as nothing more than a carrot-and-stick approach. Oh, and they take an eternity to get product out, too, so I wouldn't hold my breath on the release date of even this first wave.

If, somehow, they find the motivation to handle GB better than Trek then all will be well.

The wild card is the diorama. That could keep things afloat long enough for most to be satisfied. They never gave that a shot with Trek despite many fans wishing their eyeballs out that they would.
Alex Newborn liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]