Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Broccoli
Here is a hot-take for a collectable idea. Would anyone be interested if they did a collector set of the 2016 GBs, but in the RGB style (paint scheme and articulation)? I think the idea would be cool for a unique collectable - probably best offered as an online exclusive.

I also realize this is something that would never actually happen.
Coover5 liked this
By petesapie

Has anyone "restored " their hasbro ectos? Was about done with mine but screwed up the door. Just need to fix that and wait for the logos to come in.
kahuna900 liked this
By kahuna900
petesapie wrote: March 24th, 2021, 9:49 pmHas anyone "restored " their hasbro ectos? Was about done with mine but screwed up the door. Just need to fix that and wait for the logos to come in.

WOW!!! Repaint?
By Alex Newborn
Nice and shiny looking!

Any plans to move the ladder back to the passenger side? Or will you leave it as is to retain functionality of the gunner seat?

Speaking of which, I recently re-read the Mueller novelization, and spotted this little reference...

"The Ectomobile looked like it had been through the Battle of Stalingrad, streaked with smoke and slime.
Not often we have to chase the rotten things down on the road and zap them from the car, Venkman
thought. Hatari* with ghosts."

I couldn't help but picture the Afterlife trailer as soon as I read that little description from 1985.

Presumably, Egon or whoever would have installed that gunner door at some point *before* the car began rusting in a barn.

So there must be a mid-point where it still looked basically like it did in '84, yet already had the gunner seat upgrade.

Alex

[*Hatari is a 1962 John Wayne movie where they live-catch various jungle animals. It's one of my wife's favorite films. Possibly best well-known for the song Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini. It also inspired some of the inGen-catching-dinos scenes in 1997's The Lost World: Jurassic Park.]

By petesapie
Alex Newborn wrote: March 25th, 2021, 1:12 pm Nice and shiny looking!

Any plans to move the ladder back to the passenger side? Or will you leave it as is to retain functionality of the gunner seat?

Speaking of which, I recently re-read the Mueller novelization, and spotted this little reference...

"The Ectomobile looked like it had been through the Battle of Stalingrad, streaked with smoke and slime.
Not often we have to chase the rotten things down on the road and zap them from the car, Venkman
thought. Hatari* with ghosts."

I couldn't help but picture the Afterlife trailer as soon as I read that little description from 1985.

Presumably, Egon or whoever would have installed that gunner door at some point *before* the car began rusting in a barn.

So there must be a mid-point where it still looked basically like it did in '84, yet already had the gunner seat upgrade.

Alex

[*Hatari is a 1962 John Wayne movie where they live-catch various jungle animals. It's one of my wife's favorite films. Possibly best well-known for the song Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini. It also inspired some of the inGen-catching-dinos scenes in 1997's The Lost World: Jurassic Park.]

Nah, just gonna leave ladder alone. I did put the ladder on the passenger side on my lego build and didn't put the rust stickers on.
By Coover5
CAZAFANTASMA wrote: March 25th, 2021, 7:06 pm Wanted to share this 3d printed Ecto 1 that is in scale with the Hasbro figures, you can do one too! :)
Amazing! I remember desperately wanting an Ecto for the Mego Real Ghostbuster figures and being told by most people such a thing could never be made. I have to admit I began to believe that but now this has me wondering again.
By Prime 1986
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The M.O.D Blaster is on amazon!
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Bla ... mes&sr=1-5
Is it going to be this higher price? not the $30 it was supposed to be?
Edit:
Ghost Gushers and Fright Features are up on Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-E ... 619&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-F ... 641&sr=8-1
By Coover5
There is a video of a quick Ecto-1 unboxing on YouTube but there's also a video of Bug Eye and Fearsome Flush. I guess all three should be coming soon.
By Ectojeff88
If Malaysia has them popping up how in the world is the main North America and Europe release all the way until August?!

I do notice a new art style for the stickers. Not sure how I feel about that new look of the logo, but that’s easy to update. I’m planning to decor mine with Ecto-1A stickers since I never had it.
By Kingpin
Ectojeff88 wrote: May 10th, 2021, 10:33 pm If Malaysia has them popping up how in the world is the main North America and Europe release all the way until August?
At a guess? Malaysia is only a short flight from China compared to the US and Europe.
deadderek liked this
By Coover5
On the first thorough unboxing of the Kenner Classics ecto-1 uploaded to YouTube it seems the instructions and stickers are bent but I doubt that will be the case for all of them. I just hope Hasbro will be offering up replacements for bent stickers. If not I guess I'll have to decide between getting Ecto-1 or Ecto-1a stickers off eBay.
deadderek liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
No Ecto 1 for me yet, but I did get a Bug Eye Ghost from Ebay today. My Wal Mart only had the four Ghostbusters action figures for sale when I visited yesterday, and I did not feel like waiting for them to get them since they are really terrible with their toy department. Going to get a Fearsome Flush and an Ecto 1 in the near future. Also a quick heads up, Fearsome Flush is currently sold out on Wal Mart.com.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on May 28th, 2021, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Coover5
Coover5 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 1:19 pm On the first thorough unboxing of the Kenner Classics ecto-1 uploaded to YouTube it seems the instructions and stickers are bent but I doubt that will be the case for all of them. I just hope Hasbro will be offering up replacements for bent stickers. If not I guess I'll have to decide between getting Ecto-1 or Ecto-1a stickers off eBay.
Unfortunately the instruction manual seems to be folded in half in all the unboxing I have seen so far so replacement stickers are probably in order. but I was already thinking of ordering replacement stickers on ebay. I LOVE the gradient blue back window of the Ecto-1a especially with the slimer detail. I really wish the original ecto had that. Might get the ecto-1 and ecto-1a stickers so i can use the back window sticker from 1a for a little "Real Ghostbusters" flare then use the plain blue back window sticker to get a more cinematic Ecto-1a if i buy another ecto
By Prime 1986
So apparently all the new Toys are coming out August 1st. But, do you think Hasbro will advertise before then? Like show them off when SDCC is going on?
Anyway I found this one https://www.acdd.com/ghb-mane-sloth-popper-3.html I think it's the RC Ghost Trap judging by the name but wanted to know what everyone else thinks?

EDIT:
Walmart is having a Collectors Con July 22-25! https://www.walmart.com/cp/collectibles/5967908
By Kingpin
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Prime 1986 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:25 am New images of that Model Ecto from Hasbro!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224534830139?h ... Swfwtg74VJ
Someone didn't follow the supplied instructions.
deadderek, ccv66 liked this
By Prime 1986

Kingpin wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:43 am
Prime 1986 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:25 am New images of that Model Ecto from Hasbro!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224534830139?h ... Swfwtg74VJ
Someone didn't follow the supplied instructions.
Yeah they put the door logo on the rear side door and the rear door logo on the hood for some reason?
By Prime 1986
deadderek, ccv66 liked this
By Coover5
As bad as I want Hasbro to rerelease the kenner ghost trap I'm not holding my breath. So I'm hoping there is a classic ghost trap being sold in the budget friendly blue line but I can't seem to recall any mention of it. So we know if it's coming?
ccv66 liked this
By Prime 1986
Coover5 wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:12 am As bad as I want Hasbro to rerelease the kenner ghost trap I'm not holding my breath. So I'm hoping there is a classic ghost trap being sold in the budget friendly blue line but I can't seem to recall any mention of it. So we know if it's coming?
so there's no mention of a Ghost Trap for the blue line but there is this listing for $39.99 USD that maybe is a RC Ghost trap? (just going by the code name given)
https://www.acdd.com/ghb-rc-funnel-2.html
Coover5 liked this
By Coover5
Yeah, I'm hoping it goes for about $25 each if they make it because it will be a must have item twice over. One to keep in box and one to play with ... I mean display. While watching videos on YouTube about the old kenner toys (mostly people showing off thrift store finds) I was shocked by how small the trap was. I remember the scale of the figures pretty accurately and seeing people review the new Ecto-1 it seems to be in the scale I recall but the trap just seems so small but I also felt that way about the ghost popper. Not sure why the roleplay toys seem so small to me.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]