Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Has anyone received theirs yet? I've had mine on pre-order via Hasbro Pulse for months but I checked Game Stop's site today and it now has an "add to cart" button and an expected ship to home date of Sep 3-Sep 9. :)

Last edited by kahuna900 on September 18th, 2020, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some UK folks have definitely received them. As yet I’ve no notice of mine being sent from Kapow Toys, who I pre-ordered from way back. Was hoping to hear something today, but if there’s an apparent delay then who knows?
kahuna900 liked this
I can confirm that many of us in the UK have them in hand. I got two from In Demand Toys which arrived last week.

Not had much time to really play or explore yet. I have plans to replace some of the plastic parts with more genuine bits such as the banjos, the brass hex tube connectors on the back and a better clippard. Not sure exactly yet how easy some of this will be as the GhostbustersNews chap seemed to imply that drilling out some of the screw covers in order to open it up might be necessary to switch certain parts.

Here is a photo with it next to the one I built out of some resin parts from Nickatron and some scrap.

robbritton, hutto, robandliv and 1 others liked this
Things of note:

The paintwork isn't bad for mass-produced toy but they went a bit overboard with the silver and it looks a bit naff in places. It could do with a matt/flat spray to make it a touch less shiny. I'm going to try to remove the silver and add my own on as well with either some rub n' buff or dry brushing.

Switches are metal which is good. The intensify button is larger than a normal momentary switch but it's very comfortable to use. It's a shame the switch on the end of the barrel is just decoration. It's fine to be non-functional but they didn't even bother to even paint it to look like a real switch. Should be possible to put a real switch in here but it would require disassembling the front barrel which might be a ballache.

Knobs are metal. Cool to the touch and won't scuff like painted plastic.

Bargraph is just 5 LEDs behind but it looks alright. I don't think anyone is going to look too closely at that part.

The "tape" on the back is a sort of rubber grip. It looks like the only way to remove it would be to cut it off. I presume underneath is a plain black grip but don't take my word for it, they may have cut corners and there's emptiness for all I know.

The shotgun grip is moulded into the front barrel and is non-removable. Hopefully, someone will come up with a moulded grip that can sit over it for a more classic GB1/2 look. Alternatively, you could paint it black or add your own leather wrap grip or something... go wild with customisation. :)

The "Clippard" has a nice metal top which adds to realism but sadly the same care wasn't put into the rest of it. The sticker looks a bit naff and the base is far too shiny. The good news is that its just screwed on to super easy to remove and replace with a real one or a resin replica.
kahuna900 liked this
I just ordered 2 of them, one for display and one for mounting to my spirit halloween pack, both from gamestop, and when i ordered they said sep 4-8th...and even billed me (i think i even paid for shipping)

I dont mind waiting till the 16th, i dont have a choice, i just hope this isn't another mess up like the Kenner Classics Real Ghostbusters Walmart situation...as that was a living nightmare to get resolved!

I hope and think we will all be ok and come the 16th, we should all get ours in hand...it just sucks they have to delay at the last minute and not tell people in advanced!
kahuna900 liked this
Yeah, I canceled my order on Hasbro Pulse and ordered from Game Stop yesterday. When I checked the site a few minutes ago, they listed only 4 left in stock. I watched them drop off over about 5 minutes and now they show them as out of stock. Hoping for shipping confirmation soon. :)
Mercifull liked this
Ok its been almost 12 hours since i placed my order at gamestop...they took my money from my account but i dont have an email or anything...

should i be concerned or should i wait a day or so?

I ordered 2 of them and 200 dollars plus shipping and tax is no chump change for me!
kahuna900 liked this
yourbigpalal83 wrote: September 1st, 2020, 11:14 am Ok its been almost 12 hours since i placed my order at gamestop...they took my money from my account but i dont have an email or anything...

I ordered 2 of them and 200 dollars plus shipping and tax is no chump change for me!

I wouldn't worry about it. They ask for 2-3 days to process before shipping. With the current state of affairs, I would expect a additional delay in shipping.

I also ordered two, one to play with and one to throw n the vault. :)
Last edited by kahuna900 on September 18th, 2020, 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yourbigpalal83 liked this
kahuna900 wrote: September 1st, 2020, 11:49 am
yourbigpalal83 wrote: September 1st, 2020, 11:14 am Ok its been almost 12 hours since i placed my order at gamestop...they took my money from my account but i dont have an email or anything...

I wouldn't worry about it. They ask for 2-3 days to process before shipping. With the current state of affairs, I would expect a additional delay in shipping.

I just had to get two. One to display next to my plasma series figures and the other to mount on a spirit halloween pack. I missed out on the matty collectors ones years ago and i just cant swing the 500-1000 for them espically when all the video reviews ive seen so far on this one, its the far superior one! (i think the only thing i dont like about this wand is that you have to manually set back the nozzle and im not crazy about the rubber tape on the handle but i can live with it)

I also ordered two, one to play with and one to through in the vault. :)
kahuna900 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: September 1st, 2020, 6:03 pm Got an email from Hasbro Pulse telling me about a shipping delay. "There have been some unexpected delays and the new approx. ship date for this item is September 16, 2020."

2 weeks ain't no thing. This coming from someone who's a backer for Cleanin' Up The Town.
You got that right! And it’s been a 31 year wait for Afterlife! We got this!
mrmichaelt, kahuna900 liked this
I also preordered mine from Hasbro Pulse a while back.
I never received an e-mail about the changed shipping date. That I found out myself after checking my order status on Hasbro Pulse.
So I too ordered mine from Game Stop and then cancelled my Hasbro order. It should be shipping in a few days as the site says 2-3 days for processing and 4-7 days for shipping.
So according to the day I placed my order (Aug. 31st) I should have it in hand around Sept. 9th. I already have plans to add it to my homemade pack I made way back in 2015.
kahuna900 liked this
Bizarrely the orange hat at the end of the front barrel is a switch, but the momentary switch isn't. It's just moulded in decorative and completely unpainted. Here is a photo of it next to a real black momentary switch.

And here's my super cheap way of making it look infinitely better simply by sticking a fine profile hex nut over it. I don't think it would be particularly easy to drill/dremel out and actually replace with a real switch because there is a faux washer and nut moulded in as well so the hole would end up being too big.

Not 100% screen accurate but at least it looks better with a real nut there the same as all the other surface switches and buttons and didn't require any huge effort or expense.
robbritton liked this
The silver bits which are meant to show paint coming off and exposing metal look alright on first impression but on closer inspection, it’s a bit naff. In fact, the paintwork overall is a bit slapdash but you'd expect that on a mass-produced "toy". Thankfully, it comes off really easily with some isopropyl alcohol as I’d rather do some rub n’buff or dry brushing myself for a more realistic look as it’s still rather plasticky and shiny for my liking.

I also plan to replace some of the bits with more genuine parts.

Switching out the steel hose barbs with genuine clippard brass ones hopefully is an easy job

The same with switching out metal banjos I'm just hoping it doesn't require dismantling the front barrel as the screws are covered in plastic which would need drilling out.

kahuna900, cristovalc liked this
Does anyone plan on replacing the grips? Especially the rear grip covered in rubber 'duct tape'?
Same goes for the bent trigger on the end of the barrel. How easy would it be to replace any other parts?
Pics and ideas would be grateful. I should have mine in-hand sometime next week.
I already plan on painting over the semi-glossy black parts with flat black paint to make it less shiny looking. :)
I don't plan on replacing the front grip because I quite like it. But out of curiosity, I've modelled something to go over it with my 3D printer. It still has another hour and a half to go and it's only a v1.0 prototype but it'll be interesting to see if it works ok at least in theory. I'm a real novice when it comes to 3d printing.

I've got no plans to remove the rubber "tape" from the back of mine but I know others that don't like it. I was hoping that it would be clean underneath but in the latest video from Ghostbusters News he reckons he can see a gap underneath when he lifts his (mine seems too tight on to look) so I'd wait for confirmation before trying to remove yours.

My wife is planning to wrap the back and front of hers with pink cotton fabric.

Another friend of mine is just going to paint the shotgun grip black.
Last edited by Mercifull on September 2nd, 2020, 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
gamera1968, kahuna900 liked this
The bent front bit is a soft rubbery plastic that's all one piece glued onto the end of the barrel. It probably is replaceable with some hard work but you could just cut it and straighten it with some epoxy resin the join would be hidden by the fake welds.
gamera1968, kahuna900 liked this

As you can see at 13:28, Jason shows the underneath of the screen-used prop and it clearly shows a Dixie cup hook just like on the Hasbro Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand.

So I guess the Dixie Cup Hook is screen-accurate after all. :walterpeck:
kahuna900 liked this
First attempt at some sort of grip cover. 3D printed. Slightly taller than the standard grip but that’s due to 3d printing limitations. It would of course need filler on the existing grip and the join seam (and painting of course) but I think with some more length tweaks this could work quite well for those who really want the classic GB1/2 look instead of the Afterlife grip.

kahuna900, gamera1968, PaulDx508 and 1 others liked this
Mercifull wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 12:55 pm First attempt at some sort of grip cover. 3D printed. Slightly taller than the standard grip but that’s due to 3d printing limitations. It would of course need filler on the existing grip and the join seam (and painting of course) but I think with some more length tweaks this could work quite well for those who really want the classic GB1/2 look instead of the Afterlife grip.

Damn, that was quick. First mods before most even shipped. :)
If you planning to permanently modify the front grip it seems fairly straight forward to just cut it off and epoxy a printed one. It would probably be easier than gluing extra mass on and filling it.
The issue is the rear grip. That one looks very difficult to replace and look clean.
Unfortunately it’s not as easy to cut off as you suggest, at least not without extensive reworking and rebuilding of parts.

I assume this decision was to make it easier to mould but the “shotgun grip” butts right up to both the orange hat part and also the back black part. It’s all joined as one single piece, no gaps.

Is there a reason I guys want to make it look like gb1/gb2? Did you guys miss out on the Matty wand like I did years ago? Lol

I sort of do want to as well but I don’t feel like altering it in anyway.

I made an EVA foam pack and plan on attaching this. Can anyone confirm that the extra rope thing is the only differences in Afterlife that we know of so far?

The one thing that bugs me about this wand is the barrel tip. It looks thinner and cheap since it’s white plastic
kahuna900, deadderek liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]