Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Has anyone missed theirs yet? I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and some pics here but does anyone have their own post with a semi guide of how they were able to achieve whichever mod they were doing? Could be something small and easier like detailing the wand tip or something more complicated like replace the hat light on the gun box.

If anyone has done anything g and can post a semi detailed guide on here showing how it would be much appreciated!

I wanna make small mods to it aesthetically when I get mine but I’m a little scared to do it as my experience is varied and limited
Darth_Egon wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:43 am A few more mods added to mine. A lot of folks have their hopes up of a pack being made to go with this wand. Let me tell ya I had this thing completely dissembled and there is no extra port or wires to hook this into anything. So looks like I’m going to build another pack lol

https://youtu.be/TkOYczam_AE
Nice!! Where did you buy your clippard from?
Still waiting on Hasbro Pulse but I noticed they billed me about a week ago.

It’s hard to tell from the comparison shots but did Hasbro undersize the diameter of the rear grip tube? It looks like the faux tape hides a transition in size before the battery cap. Could be problematic for a standard grip conversion.

I really like how the multicolored LEDs in the tip mimic an animated effect and how the end is genuinely spring loaded. Too bad they couldn’t have put a few more LEDs in the bar graph.

Still can’t wait. But I feel like a sucker having missed the GameStop deal last weekend.
The rear tube is about right at the back, but does taper about 2-3mm before entering the gun box. There are a lot of small differences in measurements across the wand compared to the original movies. Such as the size of the ears, piston and the width of the rail underneath. But it all comes together well and looks really good. Even sitting right next to a classic wand it looks “right”.
Basically it has slightly heroic and exaggerated proportions and tapering. It seems that for the film they were ok with deviating from the source to make a wand that was a bit more expressive on screen.
I meant that the Hasbro wand appears to have different details compared to the specific prop they replicated from the new movie.

I was hoping to restore the normal grip at the back at least. Maybe even add real tape back after. Could be harder than I would have hoped with the stepped transition in the handle tube. Also the wood grip molded in up front doesn’t appear to be as thick as the prop from the new movie. Maybe both the handle tubes are slightly undersized.

Shipping notice sent this morning. Pulse uses FedEx, so maybe today/tomorrow or next week.
jkolton wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:49 am Quick tip for anyone who's been waiting forever for Hasbro to mail your wands. All you have to do is get sick of waiting and order one from Gamestop. Hasbro will ship yours out immediately. :sigh:
LOL, I did the same thing except bought mine from ebay.
However, I did receive an e-mail today from Hasbro Pulse saying mine's shipping out soon-ish. :sigh:
Oh well. I have one for my pack and one for display. :cool:
jkolton liked this
jkolton wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:49 am Quick tip for anyone who's been waiting forever for Hasbro to mail your wands. All you have to do is get sick of waiting and order one from Gamestop. Hasbro will ship yours out immediately. :sigh:
I almost did that! I put the wand in my cart on GameStop’s website and spent a couple of days trying to convince myself that I needed to spend that extra $100, but ultimately elected not to... and then I got an email from Hasbro at 3:00 this morning saying the wand I’d ordered from them was about to ship.
gamera1968 liked this
I’m waiting to receive mine, just a few questions fro people that have this and the Matty wands:

1. Is this as “light” to hold as a Matty wand, or is it heavier plastic?

2. On my two matty wands there are infrared receivers on the barrel so that when two wands are fired close together they freak out (different rumble, different wand lights, bar graph splits in two, etc.). Does this have any similar functionality when two are close together? (I doubt it as this particular incarnation is supposed to be unique to Spengler).
gamera1968 wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:51 pm
LOL, I did the same thing except bought mine from ebay.
However, I did receive an e-mail today from Hasbro Pulse saying mine's shipping out soon-ish. :sigh:
Oh well. I have one for my pack and one for display. :cool:
I guess on the plus side, I've got 3 neutrona wands arriving at the same time today.
CosmoBubba wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:57 pm
I almost did that! I put the wand in my cart on GameStop’s website and spent a couple of days trying to convince myself that I needed to spend that extra $100, but ultimately elected not to... and then I got an email from Hasbro at 3:00 this morning saying the wand I’d ordered from them was about to ship.
LOL, nice. Nothing wrong with having 2. :cool:
Darth_Egon wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 9:31 pm Not my video but this is AWESOME!!!!

:cool: I saw this yesterday on Youtube and bought the parts needed from the Instructables page here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Instal ... r-Plasma-/

Plan on making a lighter weight pack soon out of Sintra board with proper lighting (on the way from etsy) so this will be an added bonus since my current pack has no sound.
I already have a small round speaker with an aux input which will fit inside the N filter on my new pack.
jkolton, kahuna900 liked this
gamera1968 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:33 am
CosmoBubba wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:57 pm

LOL, nice. Nothing wrong with having 2. :cool:
And I totally would've ordered the second one if I didn't have bills that needed paying, lol. Maybe one day soon... ;-)
gamera1968, kahuna900 liked this
cristovalc wrote: September 24th, 2020, 1:30 pm Look what they did to my boy! They massacred my boy!

Currently doing the damn thing and bringing this up to snuff! No time to play with it in vanilla mode. FORGE AHEAD!

Damn, truly terrifying images to be sure!

Can't wait to see what you do to it next. :)
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 9:34 pm The Spengler Wand definitely has more weight to it than Matty. No stream crossing function but the extra video game features more than make up for it!
Here it is attached to my EVA foam/forecore pack.

it's holding it up so far. I can feel the weight for sure and walking around the house with it hasn't been a problem so far.
I'm using a 3D printed v-hook right now that I don't fully trust. The screw holes on it is larger and I'm using the stock screws that came with the wand so it's barely holding it on.

I have a wooden block on the inside to help with the weight but I'm sure all it takes is someone to bump into the wand while it's on the pack for it to rip off given it's a foam pack. I believe a Matty wand would be more suitable for foam packs but I missed out on that.
Got mine in today, from Gamestop. Why has no one mentioned that this thing is locked up like fort knox?
I broke my neighbor's knife trying to get through whatever that string is and scissors weren't cutting it either, had to get my plastic nippers out.
The only thing I can really call out as a problem with it is the molded in button in the front, otherwise pretty damn cool. Arrived while I was outside with the neighbors, even one of them that thought I was an idiot started having fun when I put it in his hands.

The "wrapped" grip is pretty thick , might have to cut that off and get a 3d printed piece, then rewrap it.
Really not sure if I'm going to try and pull it apart to mod or not... If I do, that molded button is a must, the hat lights and maybe a clippard, resin Banjos? Might cut off the registration mark for the turning barrel mod and connect the top right switch so it is always "on"
That's about the only things that I can think of.

Thing is pretty great, especially for the $75 I got it on sale at. Looking forward to the next Plasma Series prop.
Looking forward to see what people do with it too.
kahuna900 liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]