Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
CosmoBubba wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:50 am
gamera1968 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:33 am

LOL, nice. Nothing wrong with having 2. :cool:
And I totally would've ordered the second one if I didn't have bills that needed paying, lol. Maybe one day soon... ;-)
Two quick questions: where did you acquire the metal V-hook from?
And also, was there any issue with using the original screw holes?
I'd like to purchase one full set, but not until I find one that will fit without any modifications.

Thanks in advance!
Badmen wrote: September 25th, 2020, 9:13 am Where are people finding these for less than a franklin besides the GameStop deal last weekend?

The only place I've really seen them on sale in the US is GameStop and Hasbro. All others seem to be from people buying and then trying to resale at a higher price. The GameStop deal gave you 25% off if you bought two. That would make them $75 each. :)
If anyone is having any trouble getting the screw hole blanks out to open her up, here's what I did to make it easier and avoid stripping the screws underneath:

I used an exacto knife to hollow out a hole in the middle of the blank big enough to start one of the v hook screws in. For 3 of them, just getting it a few turns in was enough for it to come loose and pop out, and then just had to back the screw out. For the 4th blank, it wouldn't budge, so I kept screwing it in. When it hit the hidden screw it forced the blank out without any damage to the screw or hole.
kahuna900, GK45, gamera1968 liked this
gokaury@gmail.com wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:24 pm Saturday we find out from Hasbro what other prop from the new movie we'll get. So much hype!!!
I'm trying to keep my hype grounded, otherwise it'll go insane with thoughts of haslab proton packs and I'll be disappointed. XD.
EDIT: Watching today I realized that the schedule is in ET time, not local time. So double check the time of the stream, if I came in at 1:50 tomorrow I would be an hour late.

Ey jkolton, that's a pretty good tip, I'll add to that with this 3D printed replacement cap I found last night.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601597
kahuna900, jkolton liked this
My wand is having an issue, and I’m curious if anyone else has this. I start it up properly like I have been, but when I flick the switch under the intensify button, it shuts off all the lights. I was able to get a video of it doing it.

Anyone know how to fix this or what could be the cause? Using brand new batteries. Contacted GameStop to see about replacing it, but I’d fix it given the chance to not have to wait.
GK45 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 12:44 pmEy jkolton, that's a pretty good tip, I'll add to that with this 3D printed replacement cap I found last night.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601597

Brilliant!!! Anyone create a 3D printed wand end adapter yet? I'd like to play around with some ideas I have, but not on the fancy adapter they put in the box. :)
kahuna900 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 3:13 pm Brilliant!!! Anyone create a 3D printed wand end adapter yet? I'd like to play around with some ideas I have, but not on the fancy adapter they put in the box. :)
Not that I have seen. Have only ran across the caps, and a filler piece for the rear grip so you can cut out the rubber grip and rewrap.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601506
Can't say it'll be a priority since it comes with the wand though. Maybe try reaching out to Hasbro for a replacement?

LtPinkerton
I think I saw someone on facebook with that problem but I don't remember where. They pulled the whole thing apart to find the problem but at the time I was only interested in what the guts looked like so I don't know what the problem ended up being.
You will definitely have to at least drill/screw a few of the screw caps out and solder. Could be as simple as the two holding the bottom of the switch plate on but more likely you will need to drill/screw all 6 holding the rail on.
LtPinkerton wrote: September 25th, 2020, 8:31 pm Do you have a link to the Facebook stuff. I really don’t want to have to send this back
As luck would have it I shared it on reddit so I was able to track it down again.
https://www.facebook.com/10003453621226 ... EGWBgA7D4m - The video of him demoing the problem, just like yours.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2907946 ... 536212262/
He made a few posts about fixing it. Looks like in the end he disconnected the motor and everything else worked afterwords.
That was a month ago so he may have figured it out since then, might wanna give a shout.
My wand now shuts off when adjusting the intensity knob. Half the time the light switch doesn’t work and whenever I hit the activate switch, it does. I ordered from GameStop but haven’t heard anything back. Does anyone know who I should contact about a replacement? Hasbro or GameStop? Haven’t even had it a week. Really disappointed. Kinda want to buy another one, but not if this is a constant issue
Just popping in this Spengler thread to ask:

What's the best option for getting one of these in the UK? On FB someone messaged our franchise page asking us where his best chance of finding one was and I am not 100% sure on the availability over there...
deadderek wrote: September 27th, 2020, 4:52 pm Just popping in this Spengler thread to ask:

What's the best option for getting one of these in the UK? On FB someone messaged our franchise page asking us where his best chance of finding one was and I am not 100% sure on the availability over there...
I've seen mentions of Zavvi UK and Kapow Toys. I think Amazon UK is sold out already.
LtPinkerton wrote: September 26th, 2020, 5:35 pm My wand now shuts off when adjusting the intensity knob. Half the time the light switch doesn’t work and whenever I hit the activate switch, it does. I ordered from GameStop but haven’t heard anything back. Does anyone know who I should contact about a replacement? Hasbro or GameStop? Haven’t even had it a week. Really disappointed. Kinda want to buy another one, but not if this is a constant issue
Try different batteries. The first time i tried mine it would shut down when i hit the activation switch, basically when the motor should turn on. I tried different batteries and now everything works fine.
Thanks guys for the posts about non-working rumble motors. Just (finally) got mine and was super excited only to be deflated pretty quickly when it failed to work after the initial startup. New batteries didn't help either. Guess I'll wait to hear back from customer care.
You all have me worried just a bit... I have purchased three of these bad boys, two of which have already been opened and played with, but the third I was going to leave in the box for the time being. Now I'm wondering if I should pop it open enough to get some batteries in there and try it out to make sure it is working properly.

gamera1968 liked this
jkolton wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:22 am Guys, what am I missing. How do you remove the plate that the mainboard is attached to? Is it glued in?
There's no glue, but the screws are hidden underneath black cylindrical "bungs". There are four of them on the guntrack. You need to remove these before you can access the real screws underneath. To remove them I recommend drilling a thing shallow hole with a small drill-bit, then screw in an actual screw partially and then a pair of pliers to pull it out.
Mercifull wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:27 am
jkolton wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:22 am Guys, what am I missing. How do you remove the plate that the mainboard is attached to? Is it glued in?
There's no glue, but the screws are hidden underneath black cylindrical "bungs". There are four of them on the guntrack. You need to remove these before you can access the real screws underneath. To remove them I recommend drilling a thing shallow hole with a small drill-bit, then screw in an actual screw partially and then a pair of pliers to pull it out.
Thanks Mercifull, that screw thing is actually my tip. I'm talking about inside the body of the wand. The mainboard is attached with 4 screws to a plate that covers the rest of the electronics that itself is attached with 3, maybe 4 screws. Without removing it, you can't access any of the holes for the cliplights, etc. I've removed all the screws I can see, but it's still attached somewhere in the middle, and I can't figure out how to get it to budge.
The grip troubles are the main complaint for me about the whole, otherwise reallypretty neat toy. Aside from some of the points that had been already pointed out .... many could have been easily avoided (e.g. like turning the hatlight into switch whilst the switch right next to it is just nothing ....WFT? Talking about missed opportunities anyone?). This reads like a lot of complains, but nonetheless i like it quite a lot - don't get me wrong - it's a hell lotta fun and a steal for the pricepoint.... but why, just WHYYYYYY hasbro ....whyyyyy :roll:

For better visualition i've marked a few differences in these side-by-side video-stills:

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]