Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
New problem.

Turn all three switches on. Adjust top knob all the way down so the sound is at its lowest pitch with only one LED on the bar graph. Start turning the dial up one click at a time. Just before the second LED of the graph illuminates the rumble motor feels faster than it should and just barely blinks-out the vent light, slo blo and the forward amber LED all at once.

I am just getting to know this thing but if this is a sign of early failure I want to begin the replacement process.
Badmen wrote: September 30th, 2020, 3:53 pm New problem.

Turn all three switches on. Adjust top knob all the way down so the sound is at its lowest pitch with only one LED on the bar graph. Start turning the dial up one click at a time. Just before the second LED of the graph illuminates the rumble motor feels faster than it should and just barely blinks-out the vent light, slo blo and the forward amber LED all at once.

I am just getting to know this thing but if this is a sign of early failure I want to begin the replacement process.

I'd say get brand new 3 Duracell batteries. If the prop works any differently to the average you see on all the YT video's, get it changed out.
Hi everyone, new user here, though I'm happy to see my old handle from the GBnet revamped boards from 2001 was still available here...

Has anyone found any fixes to the "rainbow" issue on the LED stick? For example, in proton mode, there's all sorts of colors on display. Slime blower is never green. It looks like it's some sort of wiring issue. It's also very easy to trick the wand on the blaster mode. The colors will not keep up with the blaster mode so if you set it to stasis, it may just display the incorrect colors from the slime blower mode it was previously on.

Anyway, I wanted to provide some perspective on Hasbro support. The best way to reach them is thru their chat service. I sent a request in via email Monday and never heard back. But I tried a live chat today and they were very helpful. They went thru some troubleshooting standard questions (if the button sequence is correct, type of batteries, changing type of batteries) and ultimately emailed me a packing label for the return. This packing slip lasts four weeks so if you issue a ticket now, it WILL EXPIRE before Halloween. On the other hand, I'm not sure how long they will be producing these (hard to say with the movie delay). If it's sold out, they'll issue me a refund. They are not going to repair your existing wand. Just stuff to keep in mind because I despite the issues I have with the wand, I will hate parting with it after waiting six months to get it.

There's a reddit post that shows video of the issue I was describing. Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/comments/iobj9a/has_anyone_else_had_a_problem_with_the_hasbro/
Last edited by LordOfTheSebouillia on October 1st, 2020, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badmen wrote: September 30th, 2020, 4:29 pm I am using three new Duracells.

I think I spotted the same blink out in an early review video from YouTube.

Sort of hoping y’all will try the sequence with yours and let me know the result.

I've tried this on both of the wands I have out of their boxes and they both perform the same. I will say that the motor on one of the wands rumbles a lot more than the other. As I was stepping up he power as described, there seems to be a big draw (all lights dim) on the first hit as the power increases but every time I tried (well over 20 times each) it always did what it was supposed to do.
metallijosh wrote: October 1st, 2020, 11:34 am Has anyone had an issue with the wand tip not staying in? When I push it in, it just doesn't engage with the lock very well and pops right back out.
At first, but then I started pulling the green lever back a bit before attempting to push the nozzle back down.
I finally received my Spengler wand from Hasbro today. I count myself fortunate that it works as advertised. It feels more solid in a lot of ways when compared to my Matty wand. I kind of wish the included display stand was more substantial but I suppose I could make one myself (after I finish the pack project sitting on my workbench... going on three years now, lol).
deadderek, gamera1968 liked this
Theoderic wrote: September 30th, 2020, 10:05 am The grip troubles are the main complaint for me about the whole, otherwise reallypretty neat toy. Aside from some of the points that had been already pointed out .... many could have been easily avoided (e.g. like turning the hatlight into switch whilst the switch right next to it is just nothing ....WFT? Talking about missed opportunities anyone?). This reads like a lot of complains, but nonetheless i like it quite a lot - don't get me wrong - it's a hell lotta fun and a steal for the pricepoint.... but why, just WHYYYYYY hasbro ....whyyyyy :roll:

For better visualition i've marked a few differences in these side-by-side video-stills:
I found that very weird as well, presumably they had a load of hat lights and no actual functional switches so they made the light (that doesn't illuminate) into a switch.

Some people have been removing the rear grip entirely and replacing it with a 3d printed version, if you cut the rubber tape off the entire rear grip can be removed and replaced. They show the removal in this video.

kahuna900, Theoderic liked this
LordOfTheSebouillia wrote: October 1st, 2020, 11:07 am Hi everyone, new user here, though I'm happy to see my old handle from the GBnet revamped boards from 2001 was still available here...

Has anyone found any fixes to the "rainbow" issue on the LED stick?
No solution but I know exactly what you mean. I went through 3 of these wands before I got one that functioned right. One had the rainbow lights error in the barrel. Stuck colors, etc. After a day the barrel lights failed entirely and stayed off.

The motor on one was considerably stronger than on the other 2. Also the power adjust dial felt like it was going to fall of on one. I think quality control on these wasn't the best.
I'm going to be replacing the handle at the back, bought some 3d print ones from BenofKent. Also hopefully going to go into the wand and replace the 5 led's that are mimicking the bar graph with an actual bar graph (space is tight).

Also considering adding some pieces to it to make it look like it's had reworks over the years, i have some semi transparent tubing, some EL Wire, and some of those brass fittings people use for the green tube. Might try and link the el wire to the fire button or the power on button and add some tubing with the EL Wire inside to the exterior of the wand coming from behind the intensify button housing to the secondary tube next to the barrel.

Was considering the screen accuracy route but would prefer to make it a bit unique if possible, have a second wand that's going to be a box queen anyway :)
Like the Phoenix my wand has been reborn! Replaced 90% of the molded screws with the real deal, and added others in areas where they were missing. Real Clippard valves added in, and the rubber wire which exited the gun barrel has been replaced and modded to enter the main body in the correct location. Vent cover removed and orange hat light replaced with real "dummy" cap, along with rear grip rubber padding cut of/replaced with a 3D printed handle and soon to be covered in olive drab tape. CD tray textured side inserted into bar graph for lenticular effect. Side knobs and gun rack were replaced with resin replicas from BenofKent, to go along with his real metal V-hook and belt hook. That's not to mention the 3D printed wand tip, and banjo's cut off and replaced with screen accurate version too. Wield marks upgraded and added to places where they were missing, then repainted and re-stickered. Just have to find some tubing for the front and back and then give her some Afterlife quality weathering!

(Bargraph bezel needs some work, but added in a side panel from a CD tray for the lenticular effect)

kahuna900, infinacy, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
For those of you with 3D printers, I made replacement end caps for the wand.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4616114

I even made a version for wire passthrough. I am not sure if the EU folk have a common split-loom that is not 3/4" for hooking the wand to their packs. If so, let me know, and I can make a part that will fit better with the metric loom.

gerard55 wrote: October 5th, 2020, 9:07 am
I found that very weird as well, presumably they had a load of hat lights and no actual functional switches so they made the light (that doesn't illuminate) into a switch.

Some people have been removing the rear grip entirely and replacing it with a 3d printed version, if you cut the rubber tape off the entire rear grip can be removed and replaced. They show the removal in this video.

Thanks for the hint - that video was quite informative too! :-D:nicejobyoudid:
Broccoli wrote: October 9th, 2020, 7:05 pm This thing looks great. I was on the fence until I saw the reviews. It looks like it is out of stock everywhere. Think there will be a restock in the future (maybe in time for the actual movie)?

I purchased one a while ago from Game Stop as a backorder, and it shipped the next day.
Broccoli liked this
Darth_Egon wrote: October 6th, 2020, 10:31 pm Any chance someone could do a 3D printed shotgun grip that’s a little bigger to fit over the stock one?
Like this? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4605815/files
The blink-out during power adjustment I already mentioned occurs on both wands I purchased, and a friends too. I believe they all operate the same way when following the sequence I described earlier.

I took my time and removed the top of the fake momentary switch by hand. The cut was neat and clean so I drilled out the the back a little larger and reused it for its intended purpose, as a more accurate smaller cap on the intensify push button.

I’m close to installing a real momentary switch by the barrel and was going to attempt the twist modification. But people on the fb group were shredding their wiring internally doing that and advised against adding the twist. I can’t find the group at all now but I don’t think they were reducing slack on that wiring by soldering in a new button.
Hello,

WAND PROBLEM SOLVED !

After working properly a few times, I could not get any sounds with the INTENSIFY knob. I tried many things - like opening the small back box - and spent many hours yesterday on the web and I fixed the problem this morning ! I bought new batteries DURACELL. The previous batteries were new but I guess not new enough or of low quality. So in much case, new batteries IS the solution !
cristovalc liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]