For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Kirben
The Extreme Ghostbusters - Season 1 was recently classified for a DVD in Australia, although no sign of an actual release date so far.

Any recent news about DVD releases in other regions? I would be surprised if this was only been released in Australia.
By Kirben
Got a quick response from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
Sony has advised that at present there are no plans to release the
succeeding seasons. A decision will most likely be based on the success
of Season 1 sales upon release in June.

Thank you

Jaya David | Snr.Customer Service Representative | MULTI MEDIA LOGISTICS
PTY LIMITED
Charlie_Richter wrote:There was only one season of XGB,

What sort drugs they taken?
Sony are getting their seasons and volumes mixed up. I think they mean Volume 1 of Extreme Ghostbusters. There are probably too many episodes to release in one set.
By rodie
Hopefully it sells... That would suck to forever only have half of the series (if that is the plan anyway).
By Kirben
Another response from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment about the exact episode count
There are 13 episodes in the Extreme Ghostbusters to be released in june

Any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us via email or contact
our customer service team on 1300784330

Regards___________________________________________________

Krystal McManus | Customer Service Representative | MULTI MEDIA
LOGISTICS PTY LIMITED
:
i hope they do get released in north america, i am a fan of RGB and EGB. i grew up whatch them, i cant hate anytng that is ghostbusters , both this and RGB dvd's released will make fine ghostbusters cartoon collection set.
The original link to the classification.gov.au site comes up File Not Found, but the main page does say - We are currently upgrading our website and some features are temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. - so I guess it's only a temporarily broken.

Anyway...so instead of logically breaking the series up into two volumes of 20 episodes, they're going for presumably three volumes of 13, 13, and 14 episodes?!? That's just plain dumb.
I was going to theorize that EGB would be released in 10 to 13 episode volumes, but Sony beat me to it. The reason why I figured that is because Teen Titans, TMNT, Sonic X, and a lot of other cartoons these days are being released in volumes with about 13 episodes each. It seems strange but these 13 DVD packs are usually called seasons (except Sonic X which I think lists them as "Sagas,") and somehow it would suggest that seasons are now supposed to be 13 episodes long now...? I'm not sure if seasons have a required episode count.

Looking forward to getting EGB too.
oh god if they release them in north america, i think i will make ecto in my pants!
I received the volume 1 set (Australian release) this past Friday.
It's an inexpensive release, which features 13 episodes on 2 DVDs, with no extra features whatsoever.
It works on a R2 DVD player (Europe), so like past Sony releases this must be dual-coded R4& R2.
The quality is nice, there's 4 audio tracks, and over 13 subtitle tracks (these will certainly be the same discs as the upcoming European release).

I never gave this show the slightest chance when it originally aired (I was pissed at the change in the cast, and the "Extreme" on the title certainly didn't help things), but after recently watching a couple of episodes online, and now as I'm watching my discs, I must say the series is actually enjoyable, a far cry from the "old" series but I must say I'm actually somewhat enjoying the characters, and the different take on the franchise. For some reason it didn't feel like a total "bastardization" of the franchise. The presence of the same voice actor for Egon probably explains why the series didn't fell all that "strange" to me, that bit of familiarity helped bridge the "old" and the "new" (as did the presence of Janine and Slimer).
think of it like Star trek: the next generation, differnet characters, good show.

theres nothing wrong with EGB if you think about the fact the boys couldnt bust ghosts forever.
(i like the new recuit idea or new member ideas, which is one out of many resons i liked the show... besides the Dana/Venkman relations ship with Ky and Ed)
anyway i hope the dvd makes it to north america
It's only a matter of time until it hits the states. Come on Sony. Release it here. You know you wanna. :cool:
Extreme_gb4evr wrote:oh god if they release them in north america, i think i will make ecto in my pants!
-laughs- ditto. Especially since most of the EGB episodes on youtube were removed. It should be only a matter of time, but seriously, it's been what, 12 years since it was aired?

-fingers crossed-
paper.creations wrote:
Extreme_gb4evr wrote:-laughs- ditto. Especially since most of the EGB episodes on youtube were removed. -fingers crossed-
removed , and returned edited! now removed again?
sheesh.
i remember whatching the episodes before they got removed the first time on youtube, i was glad when they returned on youtube but couldnt help but notice some edits on ghost scenes and trapping scene's.
i cant wait for the dvd release though...it would suck if it never made it over here.
wish i knew WHY youtube removed the origional videos on youtube (every epeisode was on it) in the first place,.... seems to be a running factor on youtube huh.

COME ON DVD RELEASE NORTH AMERICA!
By KaciHD
I picked this up on DVD (imported from Australia) and have made some pretty good looking divx video files from the first 10 episodes so far. I would like to share but I don't know the legality of doing such a thing here or even if there's any interest.
KaciHD wrote:I picked this up on DVD (imported from Australia) and have made some pretty good looking divx video files from the first 10 episodes so far. I would like to share but I don't know the legality of doing such a thing here or even if there's any interest.
There's extreme interest! I would be estatic if you posted them on youtube!

I was going to order it from Australia, but they were all sold out as far as I could see -sighs-

Please post them on youtube!
slimeguy wrote:
rpburke1978 wrote:If they don't release EGB as a box set, I'm going to pull one of these.

If they don't release EGB.... You're going to pull a.... condom? :walterpeck:
that walter peck is so wrong for a statement like that...(see any japanese movies lately?)

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]