This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

We have all seen the pictures for the Amazon Exclusive Edition of Ghostbusters The Video Game (for PS3, Xbox360, & Wii). Each Amazon Exclusive Edition comes with Minimates, Ecto Keychain and this incredible Slimer model from the original artist Steve Johnson.

Steve Johnson has joined forces with Paul Francis (the owner of the USF Ecto-1) to form the Solid Thought Corporation. They have provided Ghostbusters Fans with the first look at the Slimer Model included with the Amazon Exclusive Edition. The model is an impressive 10.5" tall and is cast in a translucent green, hovering over a facimile of the Ghostbusters Firehouse sign (designed by Paul Francis). These Slimer models will be limited to only 6500 pieces and are included in the Amazon package only and each one comes with a COA signed by artist Steve Johnson.

ImageImageImageImage
I would like to thank AJ for really supporting this product.

We feel very privileged to have been a small part of the 25th anniversary.

I have also shared a few other details I'll let AJ share in his own time.

Thank you guys and GB Fans will get the exclusive scoop on any information we have relating to GB.

Paul
Some new pics of the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition:

ImageImage

Image *Click For Bigger Versions

It does say that it isn't the final apparence, but I doubt it would change much.. aside from the possibility of having bigger packaging too.
That pic of the slimer statue/figure looks much better than the original one posted here earlier in the week. Plus, I love the slimer cover art...what to do, what to do?

Plus I noticed the cover art says "this image does not reflect final packaging"...I wonder if that goes for the regular cover art too???
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Dan AKA wrote:Ordered.
When ordering, make sure you use these links:

Amazon Slimer Edition for PS3

Amazon Slimer Edition for Xbox360

Amazon Slimer Edition for Wii

It will help support GBFans.

Paul (who is in our chatroom right now!) just sent me a copy of the COA you will be getting in this package as well:

Amazon is also including a neat little image... no idea what it is.. a card?

I admit it does look better than the first picture, still not sure if t's for me though. I'm surprised the Wii cover doesn't use the Wii Slimer. It would be cool if the Wii special edition came with a Wii version of the statue.
Ron Daniels wrote:
Dan AKA wrote:You have to pay full price and shipping upfront.
Meh. Thats nearly a deal breaker.
JediChris said he didn't have to pay.. but he also just purchased it.

I'm sure there has to be some kind of installment plan with Amazon or an Amazon Credit Account they could set you up with.
*I pre-ordered mine a few hours ago, and being as though I didn't have the full $129.99 in my account, and pre-ordering it was just a hedge against loosing out on getting a copy, I called customer service to see if they charged you up front, or when the item was on-hand, and about to ship...

*According to the representative, he assured me that there would be no charge to my card until the item was ready to go come June, and I've checked my bank account periodically just to be safe, seeing as some of us have already been charged in full...So far I haven't been charged...

*But then again who knows?...I may check my account this time tomorrow and find out that I had been charged in the interim...

*I e-mailed them also just to be safe, so, I'll see what another representative says about the matter...

*Cheers.
Thanks but no thanks. I'd be up for paying a little more towards this edition of the game if it included extra cuts,interviews and unlockables etc but the mini mates,key chain and slimer bust just ain't cutting it. Just because its signed and comes with a piece of paper stating its authenticity I still can't see this beasts worth at $129.99. And I still think the slimer model is ugly as hell! :angryvigo:
Volguus Zildrohar wrote:Thanks but no thanks. I'd be up for paying a little more towards this edition of the game if it included extra cuts,interviews and unlockables etc but the mini mates,key chain and slimer bust just ain't cutting it. Just because its signed and comes with a piece of paper stating its authenticity I still can't see this beasts worth at $129.99. And I still think the slimer model is ugly as hell! :angryvigo:
+1 :cool:
Seeing the photos of the statue closer and in hand to get a sense of scale makes this more appealing. I have to admit that I am not a HUGE fan of the slimer portion of the statue. I think if they would've made him a solid green rather than that translucent green it would've been an improvement. I do find it amusing that they made his ass so large. LOL I mean look at it.... it's soooo big.... He looks like....one of those rap guys' girlfriends. ANyway..... i'm definitely picking this up. I love the look of the GB logo in the statue. It's like the hanging sign that the GB's have outside the firehouse in the movie. I think that even if the statue were JUST that piece i would still buy it. I love the way it looks.
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou FINALLY the real Slimer artist stands up!!! THIS is what Slimer is supposed to look like!!! This is what his proportions are... holy hell, why didn't someone tap Steve Johnson as consultant in the first place??? I personally bought the special edition SOLELY because he did the sculpt, even though I already reserved the PS3 version last July! It's worth it, what an awesome sculpt and SIZE too. Granted, I kinda wish it was a painted one versus transparent cast... but Im not sneezing at it, AT ALL.

Thank YOU Steve Johnson for being a man of detail. Now, if you wouldn't mind, please go talk to Mattel and Art Asylum, they're f****g with your design...

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]