For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By AJ Quick
Please post the name and location of the hotel you are staying at, and the names of people who will be staying with you.

Hotel Indigo

http://www.midtownatlantahotel.com/

I am staying at the Hotel Indigo in Midtown Atlanta. It is 1.2 miles from the convention or about 6-7 blocks. The rooms are about $175 / per night if you book through their website. I booked a vacation deal through Priceline and it was apparently only about $300 for four nights.

I would love if more Ghostheads decided to stay here we could share money on Cab fare.
By hooker
The Westin Peachtree Plaza

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/pr ... rtyID=1023

We have a room booked at the Westin Peachtree Plaza which is located approximately 2-3 blocks from where Dragon Con will be held. Rates for these rooms are from $185-$225 a night depending on availability. At this moment there are no available rooms at this location. If you happen to find an open room at this hotel be sure to tell them you are attending Dragon Con for a special rate.

Our hotel group includes:

-Dan_AKA
-Jairus
-Hooker
By Austin
Hyatt Regency Atlanta

http://www.atlantaregency.hyatt.com/

We have a reservation at the Hyatt Regency which is currently sold out. Many of the convention activities take place in this hotel and it's located right across the street from the Marriott which is another of the host hotels for the convention.

Hotel Group:
-Angelus
-3 guests(subject to change)
By hooker
Baymont Suites

http://www.baymontinns.com/Baymont/control/home

The Baymont Suites are located 1-2 blocks away from the convention. This hotel, like many of the others in the area, is also sold out at the moment.

GBFan members staying here include:

-Goosebot (+6guests)
-Techbot
-WINBOT5000

*post made with permission of Goosebot
By bpontheair
My wife and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Buckhead. I'm pretty familiar with Atlanta, so I don't mind driving to the convention site.

That being said, does anyone know of a decent parking deck close to the con?
By Jairus
There's a parking deck across the street from the Marriott and one near the Hilton, but both of them will likely be full by Friday.

There are a few pay-by-the-hour attendant-less lots near the hotels, but you'll have to arrive pretty early in the morning to secure a spot in one of those each day.

Carpooling is the best way, if anyone's route to the con from their hotel takes them by anyone else's hotel.
By bpontheair
I've stayed at that Hyatt for a couple of work conventions, but I couldn't remember the parking situation around the area.

Good idea about carpooling. Of course, MARTA runs right near the hotel. Either that, or a cab will have to do.
By Goosebot
if you get there thursday then you should be able to get one of the hotel specific parking lots. if you get there friday or later youre going to be looking for a parking deck nearby, but its atlanta, so they have them every 9 feet.
By bpontheair
Goosebot wrote:if you get there thursday then you should be able to get one of the hotel specific parking lots. if you get there friday or later youre going to be looking for a parking deck nearby, but its atlanta, so they have them every 9 feet.

Very true. :-) We're getting there Friday afternoon, but I'll scope things out well before then. I'll be at the Braves game today, so I'll drive over there. I stayed at the Hyatt back in February, but I never paid attention to the decks or lots.
By Rhapsody
I've been in the Georgian Terrace many times. It's a fantastic piece of architecture with great history as well. It's directly across the street from The Fox Theatre. It's old ( (by American standards) so indeed has its odd quirks. However, it has housed the likes of Clark Gable and nearly every Broadway tour company that comes through town.... and so on down the line.
And hey, more importantly it's not far from The Original Varsity, always a plus.
By Rhapsody
Teliwhy wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:And hey, more importantly it's not far from The Original Varsity, always a plus.
Indeed! Mmmmm...
Ha!
Maybe all of you should ditch the fancy dining place for a collective dinner and instead do the "What'll ya have? What'll ya have? What'll ya have? at The Varsity. : )
By MotherPussBucket
Excellent. I've been looking for hotels for the con, but all the ones on the website are sold out. Sigh.

Anybody got any extra space? Money isn't a problem.
By Teamhair
I heard that the parking in the decks downtown (esp. hotel parking) will cost you about $20 a day, is this correct? What would be the best parking options if you are going to be at a hotel that is outside of the main downtown area where walking to the con is not an option from your hotel?
By bpontheair
The Westin Peachtree has opened more rooms. I reserved one there tonight, and I'm canceling the Holiday Inn we had in Buckhead. Better to be two-three blocks than two miles. Worth the extra price. :-)

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]