For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
i been a freelance 3d artist for 4 years now....and so far never got any real cool jobs until this week..i got a email from Intec (a third party gaming accessories inc. ) to work on a wii attachment for the wii remote...when i opened the email i almost started to cry . they want to make a proton gun that a wii remote can go into and play the game with. they are the ones who made the light saber wii attachment the the force unleashed game

the gun attachment they sent me is close to a proton gun with some small stuff wrong,,,one thing i hate ..........its all white and cant be changed..and the tip in blue ,so get your black paint ready wii players

i dont know much more on this b/c im only doing part of the job .....but his is what i got.. hope you like

click to see video of the gun
Looking good so far.

As you said you don't know much else since you are only on a small part of the project but would you have a guess still as to where the nunchuck will be placed on the thrower?

Curious to know that since it is needed for general movement not to mention its motion for deploying traps.
I've never felt the need to pickup these Wii accessories, but I will definitely be getting this one. Very cool.
Sign me up for one as well! Looks really nice. I also wonder about the nunchuck. Most people play holding the remote in the right hand and the nunchuck in the left. Looks like I'll have to learn how to hold the thrower backwards (with my right hand towards the tip).
looks like fun... I to wonder where the nunchuck will go.. cause its required to play this game
i dont know about the chuck...i would like to find the best way for it to work, but i dont have any pull or the game to test....i have a ps3 so this is all out the window for me..
i show and tell what i can without losing the job,,im doing the decals for the thing..and for fun i might do one with the chuck and see what intec thinks
That is f**king awesome!!!!!!

I'm concerned about the nunchuk though. Since you cannot devote 2 hands to the neutrona wand you'd have to hold that controller with one hand and that wouldn't be a true ghostbusters experience.
DaveFrehley wrote:I'm concerned about the nunchuk though. Since you cannot devote 2 hands to the neutrona wand you'd have to hold that controller with one hand and that wouldn't be a true ghostbusters experience.
Remember that this is his rough draft for this project. He has plenty of options to build the nunchuk into the box part of the thrower.

So far I am highly impressed with it.
casper82 wrote:i show and tell what i can without losing the job,,im doing the decals for the thing..and for fun i might do one with the chuck and see what intec thinks
If the decals made the white nutrona wand to look like the real thing, i would not think twice about purchasing the decals.
the chuck could always take the trigger box's place for easy removal or you could incorporate it into the main handle some how that still allows access to the C and Z buttons, either way.. I'm stoked 1
i made some mods to what i got from intec......ok now the gun itself is the nunchuck . the stick is where the fire button is and the triggers are under the grip.. inside the main box is the plug , so just plug it in and put the Controller inside the gun.. ill mail this out tonight and see what they say

here it is in black,,,,,,,but they did say it had to be white(that sux)
I would move the triggers onto the grip, but you are DEFINITELY onto something. I think you may have figured it out. Now, just to practice being left-handed...
Not to be a d*ck, but shouldn't the Wiimote be the handle of the wand?
Since the trigger for the stream is there, and all?

And I'm thinking the nunchuck would also have to be separate from the unit as well since it's used for throwing the trap with an actual throwing motion.

Nice concept, but it seems like it'd work against the play mechanics of the game.
That's just me, though... Carry on.
ok moved the triggers onto the grip itself.. you guys tell me what to change and ill try it..you guys will be the ones using it
ihsanamin wrote:Not to be a d*ck, but shouldn't the Wiimote be the handle of the wand?

And I'm thinking the nunchuck would also have to be separate from the unit as well since it's used for throwing the trap with an actual throwing motion.

Nice concept, but it seems like it'd work against the play mechanics of the game.
you might be right ..but i or anyone working on this has the game yet,,were just doing concept art,, all this well change in the next few months im sure, once the game comes out
ihsanamin wrote:Not to be a d*ck, but shouldn't the Wiimote be the handle of the wand?

If you put the Wiimote in the handle you'd probably have a more difficult time getting a clear view for the IR camera in the tip. The trigger in the handle will be rigged to press the trigger on the Wiimote. Does it really matter where the Wiimote is in the wand itself if it works as it's supposed to?

You do bring up a valid point about the nunchuk though. If it is built into the side of the wand it will render you unable to throw the traps since the forward shaking motion of the nunchuk in combination with pressing the C or Z button is the mechanic that triggers the throwing of the trap. Realistically the nunchuk couldn't be part of the gun itself unless there were a way to change the controls so you could press a button to throw the trap rather than shaking the nunchuk.
Casper, thanks for the preview... that is by far one of the absolute COOLEST bits of merchandise for the game, hands down.

I'm seriously envious of you Wii players now, I'll have the Wii-version of the game, but on Playstation 2.

Goodluck with the fine tuning. Wouldn't surprise me really if some people actually converted it into a fully-fledged Proton Gun.
will if the motion trigger (for the shakeing ) was repaced with a button i think it would work. like the A button under the joystick

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]