For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
On Monday, June 15th from 7 pm to 1am, the Arizona Ghostbusters teamed with the local GameStop and Salvation Army to help celebrate the release of Ghostbusters The Video Game. The GameStop store led the entire chain with the most pre-orders and the manager really wanted to host a special event for the game. The store and the Salvation were very excited to have us help them at the event. All of our teams put alot of work into the nights activities. The store provided many great raffle prizes including the GB wallets, belt buckles, wristbands as well as a copy of the video game and blu-ray. The store came up with several awesome kids games throughout the night and the Salvation Army provided free GB themed facepainting, popcorn, and sold "Pet Slimers" for donations. A large blow up screen was brought in so show the Ghostbusters films and a mobile game cave trailer was on had for free gaming. At our booth we had Stay-Puft Marshmallows, Crunch bars, and Twinkies. We also had our caricature posters, coloring sheets, and new info pamphlets. We helped run the raffles each half hour and kids games.

The turnout at the event was awesome and the crowd was very excited about the game. The game store promoted the event heavily in the weeks preceeding the release and our local papers featured the event on their calendars which helped bring many more in. It was great to see so many families and children out. Our team had a blast as well. We had one of our largest gatherings of our current team members plus several members suiting up for the first time. Several members of GBfans also showed up and some in gear as well who may hopefully join us in the future. By the end of the night $336 was collected for the Salvation Army. There's nothing better than being able to use your hobby for a great cause. It was a great night for everyone who went and certainly reassurance Ghostbusters is still alive and strong in the heart and soul of many fans.

Official Midnight release poster

New team info pamphlets

First time in gear Christina and Curtis

Event button

Booth items

Neal promoting

Booth set up

Salvation Army booth

"Pet Slimers" for donations

Popcorn bags

Face painting

Ms. Stay-Puft

Coloring

Movie screen set-up

Mobile game trailer

Ghost pinatas

Ghost Toss, this is where kids had to toss a hoop around a ghost to win prizes

Madhatter's GB tattoo

From left Amber, Mark, and Captain Matt Haynes

Team pics

Ronan and Curtis

Chris and Ronan

GameStop exclusive GB II suit Todd

Todd and Neal with event signs

Patrick and Matt

Todd, Trey, Neal and Matt S

Jeremy and John

Wii concept pack

Chris

Curtis

Christina

Trey

Jeremy bustin'

Jeff with promo game box

Game shirt

Group pic 1

Group pic 2

Guitar Heroes

Lining up for game release

My favorite pic of the night

With the Salvation Army volunteers

With the GameStop staff

Last edited by jettajeffro on June 16th, 2009, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DmsdyMachn liked this
Nice setup there! A couple banners and print materials really make the difference between a fan club and a franchise.

Question for you though, how did you go about obtaining a public performance license for the movie? I have an event coming up later this year where we would like to do the same, but it seems like an overly complicated/expensive process.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Nice setup there! A couple banners and print materials really make the difference between a fan club and a franchise.

Question for you though, how did you go about obtaining a public performance license for the movie? I have an event coming up later this year where we would like to do the same, but it seems like an overly complicated/expensive process.
The GameStop took care of the screening part so I'm not sure. They had been working on the event for a couple of months right up till Monday. They did alot of the legwork including attaching a charity to the event which we usually have to do ourselves.They wanted us to be able to focus on having fun as well as the general fans and not have to worry about alot of the background set up.
We have our awesome team to thank for the event going so well. Everyone had fun and the event was very relaxed. We all felt like little kids again. It was great to meet so many dedicated fans as well as the local ghostheads with gear we didn't even know about. We hope to see them again soon.
Don't give up enygma. Turns out the original team here was doing events and I didn't even know about them till I ran into them at a con several years ago. None of them were on the message boards at that time. A couple of the guys that showed up in gear at this event didn't know about us and are not on any GB message boards either. So there may be more busters than you know about around you enygma.
WOW! That's great. You guys are organized. Here in Pittsburgh, Dave forgot and they had tickets for a local theme park, and everyone else was working. I got a nasty case of poison ivy, so I couldn't do the long-sleeve bit. Looks like you had fun. : ) I'm just happy that we got the Fire Hall stuff done for our movie at this point.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]