Ghostbusters Fans is having its first annual costume contest! One lucky winner will win a brand new, and extremely rare Slimer statue from the Solid Thought Corporation. This is a Slimer that is similar to the one featured with the Amazon Game bundle, except it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from Steve Johnson, an Awesome Ghostbusters Trap inspired box, and a DVD featurette on how Slimer was made for the film. It is currently limited to 1000, so this will be a rare opportunity to get your hands on one.

How To Enter
The entrance rules are fairly simple. All you need to do is upload your photos to Ghostbusters Fans, and then reply to this topic with a picture of you in a Ghostbusters related costume from this Halloween season. It could range from a Ghostbuster Uniform, to a Stay Puft or Slimer to Dana or Janine. The best photos will be voted on by all the members of Ghostbusters Fans and the winner will receive the Slimer Statue!

The Deadline for Photos is November 10th. Voting will start immediately and will end on the 15th, with a winner being announced thereafter.
I bought the amazon edition and it also came with a certificate of authenticity. However, this is a great prize seeing how only 6,000 of those were made.

on another note, love the "Peoplebusters" banner!!!
Same here.. Love the People Busters seasonal title!

We're game.. we'll have to see how things pan out on halloween night, to see if we get any contest worthy pics...
I'd just love to get one of the DVDs. I hope they'll be available separately at some point.

I dressed up as a GB only once in my life - which I was 11 years old (there's a pic hiding on my site). I haven't dressed up for Halloween in YEARS, and this year won't be the time to start up again. Maybe next year.

Good luck to all of the entrants.
Woo!!! I get off work at 7PM this year, so I'm gonna go around town dressed up on ECTO-S. Bring on the candy!!!
joeghostbuster wrote:since I wont be able to enter the contest, is there any way to buy one of these statues?
I've found 1 site takeing Pre-orders. It's about $50 and doesn't ship till January.
Yes.

Just as long as it is a recent photograph of you, or your group. Please post it here.

You will not be entered unless you post the picture here in this thread. It does not have to be from Halloween itself, but should be from this time of year.
Here is a pic of Mine, my wife, and my 6 month old baby's costumes. My wife made her staypuft, and slimer costumes. She got the idea since my dream was coming true this year in being a Ghostbuster. She pulled out the thread and made these costumes to support me. I love my family!!!

I'm not sure if I even want to try to top that!

One for her, and one for the baby:

:crunch:

:crunch:
Talyn wrote:it wont let me edit my post to pick one. Id go with the last.
I think what AJ meant was the contest deadline ends on November 10th. At which time voting begins, ending on the 15th.

It tricked me at first too so no worries...
bustinforjesus wrote:Here is a pic of Mine, my wife, and my 6 month old baby's costumes. My wife made her staypuft, and slimer costumes. She got the idea since my dream was coming true this year in being a Ghostbuster. She pulled out the thread and made these costumes to support me. I love my family!!!

You might want to check but, I think a Slimer ate your baby.
DmsdyMachn liked this
spookcentral wrote:I'd just love to get one of the DVDs. I hope they'll be available separately at some point.
I second this as I already have have the statue...I wonder if there's a way to also get one of those snazzy boxes, as the Amazon version lacked that...

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]