By jhsanny
I wasn't sure how many of you might have, or might eventually come by an Ecto 1A model, used or incomplete. For this reason I took the liberty of scanning the sticker sheet that came with mine (which I JUST got from my Dad of all places.. I'm glad he was planning ahead when I was 5.) and figured I would post it on here incase anyone needs to print off their own. If you require a better view of them, PM me and I'll link you to my photobucket account! Hope this helps anyone who might need them!
By hotshotdraw
Hey, thanks for those! The decals in the kit are notorious for cracking! Now I can get proper ones made!!
By gbmatt
man i was lookin for a scan of these 7 months ago..finally thanx
By sonicblaster59
Been looking for these! Many thanks!! :D
By jhsanny
Wow.. And to think, I almost didn't do this, because I thought - "Hmm.. These people already have everything under the sun for GB. Is there really any point?" I'm glad I helped! Just wish I was having better luck assembling the Ecto..so far, not so good.. We'll see what you guys think when I'm done, though.
By doctorwho_03
Cool, man. I can use them to modify my RGB Ecto-1 toy. Are the decals at the right scale for that?
By Sksstudios
doctorwho_03 wrote: Cool, man. I can use them to modify my RGB Ecto-1 toy. Are the decals at the right scale for that?

Just blow them up in photoshop or paint and voila!

Cam
By KevinFromTexas
Wow, thanks so much for those. I'm new here and I'm loving the site. Thanks so much to the webmaster.

I'm about to start work on a model of the car. I'm building it out of Legos. Once it's completed it be about 14 inches or so long. I'm still not sure which car I want to do, though, the Ecto-1, or Ecto-1A. Those decals will probably come in handy, though.

I build models of just about everything out of Legos, from skyscrapers to cars. I already have a red '59 Caddy that I built 2 years ago and eventually wanted to do the Ghostbusters car. I'm finally getting around to it now.
Last edited by KevinFromTexas on January 4th, 2007, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jhsanny
Well, welcome aboard! Glad the image can help your situation. Good luck with the Ecto, and don't forget to post pics when you're done!
By KevinFromTexas
jhsanny wrote: Well, welcome aboard! Glad the image can help your situation. Good luck with the Ecto, and don't forget to post pics when you're done!

Thanks! And absolutely. I will post the pics.

Until then check out these photos of my model of a '59 Elderado convertable I did a while back. This car is sort of what got me to thinking of doing an Ectomobile. It'll definitely be neat to do, and no doubt while I'm building it I'll be watching a certain movie. :)

http://www.gbprops.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8052#18052
Last edited by KevinFromTexas on January 4th, 2007, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jhsanny
That's awesome work! I can't wait to see what you do with the Ecto. Good luck, and if you have any specific requests, feel free to PM me and I'll attempt to find out whatever details you need!
By ghoulishfright
AWESOME! My kid brother decided to rip the decals off my Ecto-1A like ten years ago. Now I can finally put them back on!

ONE QUESTION: Where can I get some "sticker paper" to print these bad boys on?

....also, would you happen to have the rear window decal? If I remember right, Slimer was on it. Otherwise, the rear-hatch is just a big white thing....
By ecto_skywalker
ghoulishfright wrote: ....also, would you happen to have the rear window decal? If I remember right, Slimer was on it. Otherwise, the rear-hatch is just a big white thing....

I think you are thinking of the Real Ghostbusters "toy" ECTO-1A. These decals are for the model kit put out by ERTL... But the toy did have the Slimer sticker, along with mood slime stickers to simulate mood slime dripping from ECTO-1A.

Speaking of decals... I just put together my Polar Lights kit, when did model companies start using the cheap stickers instead of true water applied decals?
By gbmatt
ah i always thought those stickers on the new model
sucked...on mine the plastic covering on the logos peeled off so i had to take em off....the toy stickers....does anyone have a scan of those
By ghoulishfright
ecto_skywalker wrote: I think you are thinking of the Real Ghostbusters "toy" ECTO-1A.

F*ckin Hell! How did I miss that?! Well that sucks, but I'm sure I can still use these same decals; just size them up/down. In fact they look like the exact same decals for the "toy", which is probably what threw me off....
By ecto_skywalker
ghoulishfright wrote: F*ckin Hell! How did I miss that?! Well that sucks, but I'm sure I can still use these same decals; just size them up/down. In fact they look like the exact same decals for the "toy", which is probably what threw me off....

That would be an easy mistake... I don't why you couldn't use them for the RGB ECTO. They just lack the Slimer and the mood slime stickers. The other thing I remember from the RGB toy was, it was just ECTO-1 with ECTO-1A stickers. So the "We're Back" sticker came in two pieces so it could fit on one of the roof tubes, since there was no sign boards added to the new toy. I remember being disapointed as a kid when I opened the new ECTO-1A toy and they hadn't updated the "roof rack." :evil:
By christphern
I was more bothered by the fact that the doors were the Ecto 1 doors, complete with the inset for the GB1 logo, making it look really odd when the GB2 logos were attached to it. You had the GB2 fingers and hand, as well as the other arm, and leg sticking off over the edge of the recess, and the recesses for the GB1 arms stuck out the sides of the sticker.

Thanks for the scan, jhsanny. I was actually working on a GB2 custom of the ecto 1 from Polar Lights, and was looking into making the decals for it. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Chris
By ghoulishfright
Yeah, I was disappointed too. In fact, it really doesn't have most of the Ecto-1 equipment either. Just some (inaccurate) blue light bars, and some random boxes and tubes, and a hole for that swivel chair with the proton blasters. I guess they figured us kids wouldn't notice. :roll:
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
I never could understand why they used the GB2 logo in the movie on the car in the first place. It made sense to use on the poster and promotional material for the film but made no sense whatsoever to be used 'in' the film. They should have just kept the original logo on the suits, car and everything else.
By ecto_skywalker
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: I never could understand why they used the GB2 logo in the movie on the car in the first place. It made sense to use on the poster and promotional material for the film but made no sense whatsoever to be used 'in' the film. They should have just kept the original logo on the suits, car and everything else.

Ya, I actually really like the GB2 logo, but I completely understand (and agree with) what you are saying. It doesn't make sense to have the "Movie part 2" logo used on the car and uniforms... The only, half reasonable, explaination I've heard is that it was actually a "V" for victory. Sense the Ghostbusters were victorious in getting back into business.

As I've before, GB2 (including the logo) will always have a special place for me, because I was too young to see the first movie in the theater. But I remember every minute of the GB2 hype... when I was still too young to rip apart sequels. :lol:
By Fritz
ecto_skywalker wrote:Speaking of decals... I just put together my Polar Lights kit, when did model companies start using the cheap stickers instead of true water applied decals?
Some models still use waterslide decals--even Polar Lights. I own three other Polar Lights kits; one is a slightly more "upscale" kit, and uses waterslide decals. The other two are a little smaller and more "beginner friendly": the older one had two identical sets of decals, one waterslide, one set of stickers, while the newer one had the waterslide decals only.

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it that I can see. :whatever:
By SunBakedRecords
I'm 13 years late to the party on this one, but do you have a full size scan of this? I'm looking to refinish one of my old kits and finding this was super helpful! Any chance you have the no-ghost logo from the first film in decal form? My plan is to load these up in a vector graphics program and print them on water-slide decal paper.
By Kingpin
Speaking of late to the party:
ghoulishfright wrote: January 4th, 2007, 11:29 amJust some (inaccurate) blue light bars, and some random boxes and tubes, and a hole for that swivel chair with the proton blasters.
While the design of Kenner's Ecto-1 is inaccurate to how the car looks in the cartoon, it's a slightly simplified (for toy production purposes) version of the design of the car featured in the pilot animation (same with the Proton Packs for the figures) - toys would often start going into production with early or unrefined concept art in order to be out in time for a cartoon's release.
By Kingpin
germanlaborda wrote: June 16th, 2023, 5:54 pm Hello, can you please send me the original file of the ecto 1a stickers to my email? thank you very much bro
It might be worth sending the original poster a PM instead, they may be more likely to respond to that if they get a PM notification.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]