Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Kingpin

Chris Ryall, Editor in Chief of IDW continues to play the tease with a cover shot of the post Past, Present & Future story arc, Tainted Love set for a February release.

A large version can be seen on on his blog, where you can get a better look at Winston's arm-mounted mini Proton Pack*.

Salgood Sam, who is responsible for the cover image, has also posted additional artwork at his Flickr account.

*I must say, I'm wholly impressed at his design illustrations for the "Proton Pack - Mark II", where he's detailed where every named component of the standard Proton Packs are located in relation to the new design.
By JackIvyGB
This looks great! I am very much digging the art and the new equipment designs! I actually think I might build one, given that the drawings are detailed enough to go off of as a prop building guide. It reminds me of something akin to Kylie's gear from XGB, only more movie-esque.

The "Mark 2 Compact Proton Packs" aren't bad either.

I'm still waiting for IDW to give me a call. I have a some stuff that would blow their mind story and art wise...

But none the less, I think it looks like IDW learned their mistakes with "The Other Side", and we're gonna be getting some good GB stories.
By Dan Shannon
Arm-Mounted Proton Pack? Good, one less thing I need to design. Funny this comes up, our newest member of GB:CD was bitching because he didn't wanna wear a full pack. This will work to his advantage.
By Mjollnir
Awesome designs for the arm packs. Just top notch. Can't wait to see if they did something with the trap.
By jhsanny
I guess I don't see much appeal in this new arm mounted pack. It looks like the cheesy little upside down packs that came with the "Sexy Ghostbuster" costumes on his shoulder, and a Discman that has an antenna on his forearm.. Neat concept, but kind of a lame design work up.. But the art makes the story look interesting!
By enchanted unicorn
not a big fan of the arm pack either...love the swirling knives and utinsels around him, but I have a major critique of the image. notice how both of the ghosts hands are hidden behind valentines? It really just looks like an amateur attempt to disguise the fact that he can't draw hands. but I can see from other examples the he can draw hands, so it comes down to bad object placement...
otherwise very good..
By Kingpin
Woot. Salgood has updated his flickr gallery, featuring a full page of finished artwork:

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of 'sketchy' styled artwork, but I'm really digging this. There's also a somewhat RGB-esque vibe to the larger communal space/open plan of the design of the Firehouse's second floor... compared to the real thing.
By jhsanny
It does seem very sketchy in design, but I kind of like it.. Maybe they'll focus more on story and some of the more fun elements of the comic, and less on the look of the guys. Don't get me wrong, a nice combination of both would be great, but hey..I'll take story over artwork any day of the week.

Thanks for the update, Ben!
By ghostdiva
Most of his reference pictures seem to be of Egon and Janine....Hummmm.....
By ghostdiva
salgood wrote:Hmmm?

are you considering something scandalous? Do share!

Just wishful thinking that it might have a few E/J moments in there to keep me happy a while.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
There's a new page up on ProtonCharging and on the forum at GBN. The art looks good, but
This Post Contains Spoilers

I lost a lot of excitment about this one when I saw that. Of course I'll buy it anyway.
By salgood
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:There's a new page up on ProtonCharging and on the forum at GBN. The art looks good, but

I lost a lot of excitment about this one when I saw that. Of course I'll buy it anyway.
Hey GhstbstrLMLIII, i can tell you that the gangsters are only in the first few pages. so don't worry that too much. I wondered a little myself drawing this book if there was a reason gangsters came up so often. before this I'd only seen a little bit of the other comics, mostly a traditionalist when it comes to GB, first two movies. IDW sent me some of what had gone before and the theme was noticeable, wondered about it. But they only play a small part in our book. We posted that page in part because it really gives away nothing about the larger story at all. :)

as for campy dialog, granted those two are pretty silly ghosts, not the case for the whole book - but if i'm not mistaken, Ghostbusters is a comedic franchise traditionally? There's a fair bit of humor in Dara's script.
By Kingpin
Really looking forward to the finished article, Salgood... the artwork has plenty of life and action to it, a stark contrast to IDW's disappointing first miniseries. It's also great seeing the production team interacting with the fanbase. :)
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Kingpin wrote: It's also great seeing the production team interacting with the fanbase. :)
+1. Your quick response put my qualms to bed. Much appreciated on the fan side of things.
By salgood
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:
Kingpin wrote: It's also great seeing the production team interacting with the fanbase. :)
+1. Your quick response put my qualms to bed. Much appreciated on the fan side of things.

Glad to be of help :)

And Kingpin, in general something i strive for is lively art so thanks for that!
By GhstbstrLMLIII
TA has been put up on the Iphone Apps lists. I downloaded it last night. I liked it!
By Fritz
rapidtransit wrote:We're rapidly approaching Valentines day and it is February,any news of a release date?
It's not on Diamond's release list for next week (2/10) as of yet. If it doesn't end up on it by Monday, it starts to look like it's actually gonna miss Valentines Day.

:cool:--Bummer

Daimond's "Upcoming Releases" lists have been innaccurate before, so don't give up home yet.
By salgood
Fritz wrote:
rapidtransit wrote:We're rapidly approaching Valentines day and it is February,any news of a release date?
Daimond's "Upcoming Releases" lists have been innaccurate before, so don't give up home yet.
Yep, i just double checked, the publisher is sure it's on time for the 10th.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]