By Zack

Toy News International has the full story on new Toys R Us exclusive Ghostbusters 2 minimates, including many characters that have been in popular demand. We have GB2 Egon(the last one in the group to come out) and Titanic Captain ghost, Courtroom Egon and Ray will each respectively come with a Scoleri Brother, Tony and Nunzio. Vigo the Carpathian and World of the Psychic Peter Venkman with a hairless cat!

Thanks to Mjollnir for the heads up.
By Zack
Until AJ or someone knowing how to add photos for articles to the site, here's a link to the full size pic, resized for the front page article. Looks like it says a few weeks for these? Go check out the full report from the ToyNewsi.com link above

photo from ToyNewsi.com
definitely an all around awesome assortment this time! They hit the nail on the head. Off to hunt in a couple weeks again I guess. I'm still on the lookout for the Hotwheels Ecto.

Maybe after this, Subway Egon, Ray, Winston, maybe a Slime Blower Winston and Ray or GB2 khaki Peter/Egon? Also we need an Oscar and GB2 Dana :D
Doctor Venkman wrote:Absolutely buying these... AJ will you have these soon? If so, I'll be ordering them from you.
I'm not speaking for AJ, but these aren't DiamondSelect issued, they are Toys R Us exclusives which (as far as I know) AJ does not get
Kingpin wrote:Wow, those are amazing.

Rather strange thinking about how Captain E.J. Smith, commander of the world's most famous shipwreck has now been immortalized as a Minimate.
A GHOST minimate even
I really want to get all of these so here's hoping they'll be shipped out in larger quantities than the first two waves.

EDIT: Wait a minute, does Courtroom Egon have a new bigger hairpiece? Was his hair bigger in that scene or something? :P
BradRedfield wrote:EDIT: Wait a minute, does Courtroom Egon have a new bigger hairpiece? Was his hair bigger in that scene or something? :P
Yes it does, and I'm not sure if he did or no in the movie itself, but the smirk made me laugh out loud (my coworkers think I'm nutz now)
I'm glad they went with the laughing bit of the Courtroom Scene, all the other versions of the guys are either stoic, grim or serious. Adds a bit of variety, y'know?

I do wonder though, that might be a new hairpiece that they're going to use for future Egon mates. It does make him resemble Ramis a bit more now.
Zack wrote:totally... I love switching the faces all in and out too. Or changing their hair for the fun of it too :D
I've done that a few times when taking pictures of the mates for Photoshop purposes to get the right look lol

Most noticably I used Slimed Venkman's face with regular venkman with Gozer zapping them all...

hehe, I can't wait, these look awesome and complete a few variants now (GB2 uniforms & CourtRoom), now we need a Winston & Ray without Proton packs (to go with LabCoat Egon & World of the Psychic Peter)
they shouldnt be too bad now that they see the huge response for these i have to imagine they are going to carry a fair amnt of them, they look awesome. I kinda wish they had like a figure case or storage with the minimates gb logo on there that would be very cool.
Finally the Scoleri Brothers ! Hey quick question. There was an article saying that some of the characters from the first 2 waves were being repacked. Does anyone know how you can tell the repacks from the originals? Are they marked differently?
I think the packaging looks exactly the same. I saw them a day or two ago. The end cap on the peg says GHOSTBUSTERS BEST OF, I think. None of the others stayed on the shelves long enough. The variants should be able to be seen through the package, at least I could make out the food in Slimer's stomach.
Zack wrote:I think the packaging looks exactly the same. I saw them a day or two ago. The end cap on the peg says GHOSTBUSTERS BEST OF, I think. None of the others stayed on the shelves long enough. The variants should be able to be seen through the package, at least I could make out the food in Slimer's stomach.

Oh OK thanks! I also read that these sets should now have the "Toys R US Exclusive" Silver stamp on the box. Can anyone who bought or seen them confirm this? If this is the case spotting them should be easy. Also Louis's uniform now says "Spengler" like it should of so look for that.
Zack wrote:That I didn't notice if they corrected that. I wondered before why only some of them had the stamp lol

Wll now they can stamp them and create a " Best of" release haha...ooOOooo marketing you

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]