Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Jackie_fiest
With the departure of Ecto-1 in the game, it's dawned on me that this leaves them open to make an entirely new vehicle in GBIII.

I never saw the cartoons or read the comics so I don't know if this has been covered in another way. But I'm still curious what kind of a vehicle we will see.
By dr_logan
The ecto didn't really depart in the game, she just got damaged... a tow truck, and an autoshop and Ecto would be back in action...

As for GB3... the 59 caddy needs to make an appearance, even if they have a new car... and please, for the love of god...

No product placement... don't put a fancy car in there just to advertise the car... choose something with class, or just keep the 59 caddy.... In fact... don't even replace the caddy... keep it... if you want a new vehicle for the new recruits, fine, but the caddy needs to stay as well... otherwise you might as well remove other iconic symbols from the film, like all the logos from the uniform, and the sign... or... the themesong... the car is just as iconic, and needs to be there.
By Jackie_fiest
I'd be happy to see a repaired Ecto-1, myself.

I'm just an ol' softy like that.

If they do replace it, Imma be pissed if I see something like a Mini Cooper.
By 69428scj
Well, with the 1A out of commission almost indefinitely, the probability that they would re-use Ecto-1 is highly unlikely and finding another MM limo style end loader very difficult (read, near impossible) I think the studio'd be forced to find another vehicle. I could be totally wrong though...
By CPU64
69428scj wrote:Well, with the 1A out of commission almost indefinitely, the probability that they would re-use Ecto-1 is highly unlikely and finding another MM limo style end loader very difficult (read, near impossible) I think the studio'd be forced to find another vehicle. I could be totally wrong though...
What do you mean out of commission? Wasn't it fully restored just recently for the game release??
By 69428scj
CPU64 wrote:What do you mean out of commission? Wasn't it fully restored just recently for the game release??
Ecto 1 was restored...Ecto 1A was supposed to but work has since stopped on it. What I'm saying is I don't think they'd bring back Ecto 1, I believe they would "upgrade" like they did in GBII which is why I said that.
By secrecyguy
69428scj wrote:
CPU64 wrote:What do you mean out of commission? Wasn't it fully restored just recently for the game release??
Ecto 1 was restored...Ecto 1A was supposed to but work has since stopped on it. What I'm saying is I don't think they'd bring back Ecto 1, I believe they would "upgrade" like they did in GBII which is why I said that.
I won't say Ecto 1A is out of the picture...

It's possible they might decide to redo the Ecto for the Ghostbusters 3.

In my opinion, I think the Ecto have to make some kind of appearance but I like to see some new cars for the new movie.
By RedVirtue
Their mode of transportation must always be a '59 Caddilac. Period.

What I wonder is if they'll make a physical Ecto 1B (from the game) for the movie or skip it all together for a later one. Like an "Ecto 1C".
By Jackie_fiest
A few things to keep in mind.

I think we can all agree that Ecto-1 was an awesome vehicle. But there is no way it will be able to hold 8 Ghostbusters (assuming they hire four new ones). So we may be dealing with a new vehicle one way or the other. I doubt we will see an Etco-Minivan. So, we may even be getting Ecto-1, Ecto-1A etc and a new vehicle altogether!
By pepe008
i would love to see ecto 1A back for the new film. ecto 1A would still hold up, with all the lights and stuff on the roof very over the top which i think the film would be like, i just keep thinking of batman 3 and 4. first 2 films where great then crap and crap, lets hope thay dont mess it up.

any way
ECTO 1A is my fave of all the ghostbusters vehicles film/cartoon
By Doctor Venkman
river_of_slime wrote:I asked Dan about the Ecto in the new movie and he said "They have something big plan in store"
When did you get to speak with him that you got to ask him that question?
By mikegb1984x
I like the idea that Ray wants to hold on to the original ecto-1, and the rookies have there own car. Or maybe Ray always drives the original ecto-1 and Winston drives the new car. and the groups and spit with original guys and rookies during scenes.

Here are a few of my new car ideas:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/ ... 360-views/

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/ ... 360-views/

http://www.volvocars.com/us/models/v70/ ... fault.aspx

http://www.volvocars.com/us/models/xc60 ... fault.aspx

just some different ideas. oh yea im a ford guy :cool:
By secrecyguy
If we do see new cars, I don't think we will see a foreign named cars in the movie. I think most likely, we will see GM, Dodge, or Ford.
By Jackie_fiest
Doctor Venkman wrote:
river_of_slime wrote:I asked Dan about the Ecto in the new movie and he said "They have something big plan in store"
When did you get to speak with him that you got to ask him that question?
I'd advise everyone to take this comment with a grain of salt. But even if he's telling the truth, what else could Aykroyd say? He couldn't give any details at this point.
By Meph
CPU64 wrote:As long as its not a Japanese car.. I'll be fine.
Would you prefer a Mexican Ford? How about a Canadian Chevy? Good ol' American cars!

:cool:
By NR1
I think they should have both Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A.

Use the newly refurbished Ecto-1 and have the original Busters drive that and then get a 2nd 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor (or something similar) and dress it up as Ecto-1A and have the new Busters drive it. Treat them as two separate vehicles.
By RickH
Meph wrote:
Would you prefer a Mexican Ford? How about a Canadian Chevy? Good ol' American cars!

I'd prefer to see an Australian Ford personally ;-) Rear-wheel drive and vastly superior to the "one-Ford-platform" Taurus they're trying to pitch.

Whatever they choose, it'll obviously be rediculously over-the-top. Just like Ecto-1 was when we first saw it in GB1. Maybe an urban APC. Maybe a stretched Escalade. But something that no-one would be able to guess.
By exo95er
The Citroen seems to have the cargo capacity that's needed for the new ghostbusters.

By RedVirtue
exo95er wrote:The Citroen seems to have the cargo capacity that's needed for the new ghostbusters.

That commercial is awesome!
By CPU64
Meph wrote:

How long has it been since this same crap on the other topic? And you still miss the point.
I'm not wasting time on your ignorance on the subject.
By AJ Quick
CPU64 wrote:How long has it been since this same crap on the other topic? And you still miss the point.
I'm not wasting time on your ignorance on the subject.
Sounds like he is more informed than you.
By Son of Spengler
Original crew needs to have a '59, just slightly updated. If it's the 1B from the game, fantastic.
For the newbies...hmm.
Yes-Dodge Magnum, Older LTD Wagon, Chevy Nomad (MORE POWER!!!!)
No-Foreign Wagons (Volvo, BMW, Saab), Super-pimped out rides with spoilers, SUVs

Really, the new ride needs to be similar to other emergency response vehicles, but cannot be a complete copy of current police, fire, or paramedic vehicles. It needs to be good old Detroit rolling iron from about 1984 or earlier.
By Krenzy
I don't get why everyone is suggesting a Flex or any new car for that matter. I mean, granted they're hypothetically doing better in this movie so they should be able to afford a newer fleet vehicle, but why? In '84 they bought a 25 year old vehicle not because they could afford it, but because of the room. $4800 in 1984 would have bought you a much newer car than a '59, so it wasn't about the money. I guess what I'm saying is the first crew turned a 59 Cadillac ambulance into a movie icon; why not have the new team in something that will be 100% unique to their own crew?

I like the idea that the two crews split ways at the end, and our guys drive off in the '59.
By RedVirtue
Krenzy wrote:I don't get why everyone is suggesting a Flex or any new car for that matter. I mean, granted they're hypothetically doing better in this movie so they should be able to afford a newer fleet vehicle, but why? In '84 they bought a 25 year old vehicle not because they could afford it, but because of the room. $4800 in 1984 would have bought you a much newer car than a '59, so it wasn't about the money. I guess what I'm saying is the first crew turned a 59 Cadillac ambulance into a movie icon; why not have the new team in something that will be 100% unique to their own crew?

I like the idea that the two crews split ways at the end, and our guys drive off in the '59.
I'll drink to that. Thank you for speaking some sense.
By exo95er
I'm game for anything, as long as there's no product placement like GM did in Transformers.

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]