Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Looks pretty good! :cool:
Take your checkbook, this could be sound investment. (Your mileage may vary)

I wonder where the "autographs" are? Find those with your camera,jettajeffro!

What will be the starting price?
By RickH
Kingpin wrote:Keep in mind that whoever owns it now was more than happily to fudge things about the car's history for a newspaper interview, this being after Paul had sold it.
Isn't that normal for cars at auction? hehe. Sellers are sometimes pretty liberal with the facts.

It'll be interesting to see how much it goes for (or gets passed-in for).
RickH wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Keep in mind that whoever owns it now was more than happily to fudge things about the car's history for a newspaper interview, this being after Paul had sold it.
Isn't that normal for cars at auction? hehe. Sellers are sometimes pretty liberal with the facts.

It'll be interesting to see how much it goes for (or gets passed-in for).

IIRC, he was stating that this was a screen-used car, etc, etc.
Last night myself and our team captain Matt Haynes stopped by the Barrett-Jackson show. The show is as massive as it looks. Every kind of automobile you can imagine is there, from domestic to imports to concept cars. There's a massive vendor hall as well. At night it's only $10 to get in, during the day it's $25. Car are auctioned continously all day in the main area, the lower priced vehicles are auctioned early in the week building up to the expensive cars at the end of the week. The price of auctioning your vehicle is determined by which day you'd like it to go up on stage.

The Universal Ecto, Batmobile, and Bat-Cycle were tucked away at the back of the main exhibit area. The first thing we noticed from far away is that the main roof equipment, radomes etc, have been removed from the Ecto. We can only assume because of the low clearance of the hall doors. I'm surprised they were not reattached. Most likely they were in the back of the car. The car has not gone up yet so we do not know a price yet. We will just have to keep checking the website. Yes the car is an off-white cream color. The louvre plates, backing plate for the ladder and whip antennae are definitely white in contrast as well as the logo. The strobes Paul put in the light bars in place of the rotars are clearly visible. The small pieces of hazard tape are covering the spots where the large side mirrors originally were. Considering all the years of use and abuse and Universal Paul did a great job of turning the car into a much more accurate Ecto while keeping the aspects of it's Universal appearance. I do have more pics but these are the best.

Nearby was the Burton Batmobile and 60's Batcycle. This Batmobile was on a Caprice frame with gas firing prop machine guns and igniting jet in the back. Love to have seen those in action. The Batcycle is perfect with removable Robin go-kart.

jettajeffro wrote:The first thing we noticed from far away is that the main roof equipment, radomes etc, have been removed from the Ecto. We can only assume because of the low clearance of the hall doors. I'm surprised they were not reattached. Most likely they were in the back of the car.
Didn't open the back doors. Windows too dark to see in.
jettajeffro wrote: Yes the car is an off-white cream color. The louvre plates, backing plate for the ladder and whip antennae are definitely white in contrast as well as the logo.
White touch-up paint was used on several small chips as well.
jettajeffro wrote: White touch-up paint was used on several small chips as well.
Vindication. Man that has always bothered me.

I wonder how long before we see it up for sale again with a local news article claiming it's screen-used?
We'll see. It would be nice for it to find a good home with someone who will be willing to take it to events.

I have a few more pics I can post later including a close-up of the sign in the window but it has the same verbage as the online info for the auction. Everyone walking by believed it to be the real car, of course they think our car is too. Most asked us if it was ours or if we were buying it.
jettajeffro wrote: The small pieces of hazard tape are covering the spots where the large side mirrors originally were.
You can see the large side mirrors on any picture of the car from it's time at Universal. They're the same style the black car had in the movie.
I'm gonna go out and guess that it's gonna go for around $64,000...but that's purely a guess.

EDIT: Just saw a quick glimpse of her as i've been watching the coverage on SPEED nonstop(it's addicting)....they still haven't added on the rest of the roof rack...Jet, i don't think height is an issue as i've seen many taller vehicles go up on stage throughout the years, including tonight when a 1933 AA Ford mail truck went, and a few years back Then a GM Futurliner, like this :
also went up there. If they sell the Ecto as it looks in the tent, someone could be getting ripped off a bit.
If they plan to take it onto the stage, the tunnel the cars drive through looks very short. We'll see. They're up to lot 460 now and the Ecto is 1030 so it looks like it could go up Friday. Slim chance on Thursday. Their twitter page is updated with the result of each auction instantly all day.

If you want to compare here's the gallery on Paul's site of the car as it came from Universal, the cream color was their choice:

http://www.theecto1.com/photos/index.ph ... startpic=0

Here's the rest of my pics:

Wow Im so glad to be apart of a group that has members that not only go to this kind of event and dont even ask if anyone else is interested in the group, much less even inform any of us that the car is in town for those of us that do troll the boards as much. Good job. Im glad to be apart of this.
-Todd

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]