By AJ Quick

We're really looking forward to seeing the Walter Peck figure released this Spring. Are there any other supporting characters in the works like Dana (as Zuul), Gozer the Gozerian, Janine (the secretary) or Louis (the accountant)?

The plan is to roll out about six figures per year with two being non-Ghostbusters ideally! Walter will be the first. (Followed by a Slimed Peter Venkman, Labcoat Ray, and then Unslimed Egon and Unslimed Peter).

The Ghostbusters line looks like it could be wrapping up this Summer with the four Ghostbusters released, could Ghostbusters 2 items be released next? Or variants on current models (slimed and unslimed.. etc)?

While we will have all four from the first Ghostbusters movie out by the Fall of 2010, the line has far to go with variants and sequel figures as well as ghosts and other supporting characters in the mix!

Are there any possibilities of non-human characters from the movies like the Terror Dogs, or a larger scale Slimer?

Yes, we do have plans for non-human characters in time.

Any word on Ghostbusters accessory packs? Perhaps a Slime Blower add-on or seperate Proton Packs for Sale?

Right now, in order to make sure each figure includes exciting accessories we’re sticking with keeping them as pack-ins, but that could change in the future. We’ll have to see how the next few figures go.

With the Walter Peck character coming with a scaled containment unit, could a 12" containment unit be available as well in the future?

Doing large scale accessories for the 12” line will be a bit tough, but never say never. Nothing planned at the moment, however.

----------------------------

We need your questions for Mattel! Please post your questions in this thread and we will have a new set of answers around the middle of March.
non-human characters "in time" is a bit discouraging. I'm taking it to mean, we have to make enough money off this license with as much reuse as possible before considering investing in one off unique toolings. Unfortunately, ghostbusters themselves aside, this line doesn't play a well with Mattel's ideal dream of every figure being the same buck with a new head.
T16skyhopp wrote:non-human characters "in time" is a bit discouraging. I'm taking it to mean, we have to make enough money off this license with as much reuse as possible before considering investing in one off unique toolings. Unfortunately, ghostbusters themselves aside, this line doesn't play a well with Mattel's ideal dream of every figure being the same buck with a new head.
Who is going to want to buy a Library Ghost figure when they don't have the Ghostbusters out yet?

In time.. I suspect means another year or so.
dfak2009 wrote:What about makin four gb's in their uniforms with proton packs that detatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Round 2:
AJ Quick wrote:Will the Proton Packs ever be made detachable from the 6" figures?

This would be a great way to refresh the figures for a future re-release! But nothing to announce just yet.
So by the end of the year there will be one figure thats not a ghostbuster (peck). so looks like it will be over a year before they even start hitting the likes of gozer or tully. If they make 6 a year, 2011 looks like 2 will be the other lab coat guys that leaves four others( maybe tully,gozer,dana,library ghost are my hopes). I doubt they will be any gb2 models then, so 2012 will be making gb2 models. :walterpeck::sigh:
Let's be honest here. The 4 guys will sell. Their variants will probably sell. Peck will sell most likely due to the containment unit. Once you get to the librarian..I'd be willing to bet the sales cut in half. As with many other vocal fan communities..we're a smaller percentage of sales than you'd think. At 20 bucks a pop plus 8 bucks in shipping...Janine will not be nearly as in demand as the 4 guys.
- paul
i dont even think they should bother with jenine at the rate there coming out with them, like i said it will be 2 years till they get too the gb2 styles, wich sucks because the slime blower ray and winston in the dark gb2 suits are gonna be awsome ( i bet those sell out fast)
By Krenzy
Here's a couple direct questions for Mattel:

- After the four main guys are released, how many 12 inch figures are planned to be released this year?
- Does Matty have any plans to release ghosts individually, seperate from Hero character add-ins?
- When does Matty plan to begin issuing Ghostbusters 2 figures?
- After Lab Coat Ray is released, how many 6 inch figures are planned to be released this year?
- With these figures being spaced out over the course of the year, planning for next year isn't premature, so what will be new or interesting with the Ghostbusters' line in 2011?
- Is it likely there will be more 12" and 6" figures released in 2011 than are scheduled for a 2010 release?
Krenzy i think in the q&a tells the release of the rest of the year.

We're really looking forward to seeing the Walter Peck figure released this Spring. Are there any other supporting characters in the works like Dana (as Zuul), Gozer the Gozerian, Janine (the secretary) or Louis (the accountant)?

The plan is to roll out about six figures per year with two being non-Ghostbusters ideally! Walter will be the first. (Followed by a Slimed Peter Venkman, Labcoat Ray, and then Unslimed Egon and Unslimed Peter).

and i think those are all 6in figures hes talkin about. that brings us too 2011.
By Cyrano
Well we heard earlier that there will be six 6" figures this year, and so far we have five (Slimed Peter, Peck, Unslimed Peter, Unslimed Egon, Labcoat Ray). There should still be one more 6" reveal.

I suppose my question for the next round would be "Are there any surprises in store for this year's SDCC regarding the Ghostbusters lines?"

Thanks for still doing these Q&As!
I'm not sure what the other figure to be released will be.

Note that in the actual answers, my paraenthesied part is my own speculation. I don't know if Unslimed Peter and Unslimed Egon would be on the list for this year. But I assume they will be.
I'm really hoping this line continues for a long time. I plan on trying to swap out the head of the regular Ray figure for the head of the Lab coat version. I'm excited to hear that Mattel plans on doing more non-human characters. I hope they do a 12 inch scale slimer
AJ Quick wrote:I'm not sure what the other figure to be released will be.

Note that in the actual answers, my paraenthesied part is my own speculation. I don't know if Unslimed Peter and Unslimed Egon would be on the list for this year. But I assume they will be.
Might I recommend putting something that denotes that the parenthesized part is your speculation AJ. The way it is written sort of implies that it is part of the answer from Matty.

Just to avoid confusion.
joeghostbuster wrote:how do you intend to do that? I dont think you can dis-assemble the figures, and if you "cut" the heads off, once they're attached to another figure they wont be able to move around
All I can say is if the head is on a ball joint then it can pop right off if not I don't know how they would do that.
RedVirtue wrote:
Cyrano wrote:I suppose my question for the next round would be "Are there any surprises in store for this year's SDCC regarding the Ghostbusters lines?"
I second this question!
Their answer will be "We'll just have to wait and see!"

So its not a good idea to use up a question on that one.
Nageto004 wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:how do you intend to do that? I dont think you can dis-assemble the figures, and if you "cut" the heads off, once they're attached to another figure they wont be able to move around
All I can say is if the head is on a ball joint then it can pop right off if not I don't know how they would do that.
Though I haven't tried it yet. You apparently use a hair dryer to carefully heat up the head, causing it to become soft. The head is connected by a ball joint ( you don't want it to heat up so only keep the hairdryer on untill the head is warm and soft). When the head is soft and the ball joint still cold (and hard) the head can be carefully and gently pulled off. Then you can swap them.
By MadMan
Hey guys I just wanted to point this out, according to Matty Collector’s website the Walter Peck figure does not come with an extra (closed) trap.

-6” Walter Peck™ Figure — comes with containment unit and can place trap inside (trap comes with Winston)

This came from their news page. If this is true what a sinking ship this toy line became, in my opinion.

Also my question for the next Q&A session:

"Since the consumer is paying a premium price for an 'Adult Collector’s' item can the quality control be more scrutinizing so that there are less damaged/deformed figures (i.e. bent limbs and crooked wands)? If this not obtainable, is there a possibility of packaging the figure in less compromising pose?"
MadMan wrote:Hey guys I just wanted to point this out, according to Matty Collector’s website the Walter Peck figure does not come with an extra (closed) trap.

-6” Walter Peck™ Figure — comes with containment unit and can place trap inside (trap comes with Winston)

This came from their news page. If this is true what a sinking ship this toy line became, in my opinion.
You've GOT to be kidding me... So because the figure doesn't come with a tiny trap, that's probably worth about $0.40, the toy line is now a sinking ship?

Jesus Christ people are ridiculous.
Even if he doesn't then at least it'd use the Winston trap. They could have made it take no trap at all (and that would have truly stank) but at least it adds a but of interactivity between figures (like how Winston's trap beam holds Egon's Slimer).
By Makuta
Demonknight wrote:
Though I haven't tried it yet. You apparently use a hair dryer to carefully heat up the head, causing it to become soft. The head is connected by a ball joint ( you don't want it to heat up so only keep the hairdryer on untill the head is warm and soft). When the head is soft and the ball joint still cold (and hard) the head can be carefully and gently pulled off. Then you can swap them.
I have not done this to these specific figures either , but i have done it with figures with similar joints, its pretty easy to do.
I'm not sure it the head can be "gently pulled off" but i would definitely never try this without the hair dryer!

on a side note.
I hope they Make a Rookie figure with at least the slime blower upgrade, or interchangeable packs with the other various upgrades.

i think its odd that the sniffer has been made before the pke meter and ecto goggles.
it would have been nice to have a pke meter, goggles, And the sniffer with the lab coat Ray, unless a lab coat Egon with pke meter, or lab coat Peter with goggles will be made, I'm not too big on the sniffer with Ray so i don't see much reason for me to get lab coat Ray.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?