We heard rumors that the SDCC Exclusive Figure will really knock our socks off. Can you drop any more hints? Will we be tripping over vertically stacked books to get it? Will it break us out of our electric chairs? I await the word of Mattel!

We actually can’t reveal any news quite yet. In April we’ll be ready to let the cat out of the bag!

We're all looking forward to completing our 12" Collections of the Ghostbusters. What unique accessories might we see with Peter and Winston?

Peter actually will not have any unique accessories. Winston will come with some essential paperwork and a cream-filled snack cake.

Since the new Hot wheels came out, we've seen limited availability of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1. Is there any chance we will see an increase in the number of them per case? Or are they just too expensive to manufacture? What about them showing up in Hot Wheels 10 and 20-Packs?

The Hot Wheels Ecto-1 will continue to ship throughout the year. Keep your eyes peeled!

Additionally, since the Ghostbusters license has spilled over into the Hot Wheels line, and Barbie is pushing her "career" thing this year, is there a possibility of a Ghostbuster "Janine" Barbie, or a Janine in Ghostbuster gear Barbie, reusing the molds for the gear you already have for the Matty 12" Ghostbuster line in mass market stores, similar to the recent girl's of the 80's releases?

No plans for a Barbie as Janine at this point but don’t count this idea out as the line progresses!

----------------------------

We need your questions for Mattel! Please post your questions in this thread and we will have a new set of answers around the middle of April.
I don' t think the issue is questions or answers. The issue is, as a corporation, what they are allowed to say. Speculation is free, but precise calling of their product line is very pricey. They cannot afford to look bad by making promises they can't keep while at the same time, it's no hassle for them to say "coming soon, a surprise"
I'm not very knowledgeable with the Mattel toy line, but honestly ... what kind of "better questions" are we expected to ask? It sounds like you're blaming WE the community for THEIR bland and vague answers.
rpburke1978 wrote:How about a Power Wheels Ecto 1?
You win the day.
BSjohnson wrote:I'm not very knowledgeable with the Mattel toy line, but honestly ... what kind of "better questions" are we expected to ask? It sounds like you're blaming WE the community for THEIR bland and vague answers.
They can only be specific about products that were already announced.

I can usually answer anyone's questions without the aid of Mattel because they are so far fetched. The Q&A would be a good time to ask for more details about something that is going to happen or already happened.
AJ Quick wrote:
BSjohnson wrote:I'm not very knowledgeable with the Mattel toy line, but honestly ... what kind of "better questions" are we expected to ask? It sounds like you're blaming WE the community for THEIR bland and vague answers.
They can only be specific about products that were already announced.

I can usually answer anyone's questions without the aid of Mattel because they are so far fetched. The Q&A would be a good time to ask for more details about something that is going to happen or already happened.
Fair enough. I'll see if i can come up with any questions. I doubt I will, but you never know.
Here is what Mattel says as far as appropriate questions:
As a reminder, we can not answer questions about unannounced figures (i.e. "will you do a figure of Psycho Pirate in 6" scale), production runs, acquiring new properties or logistics in production.

But we are happy as always to answer all other fan inquires to the best of our ability. And please do check out Mattycollector.com and our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest info right from the source.
So is pointless to ask about Barbie figures, playsets... etc.
Either a 7 inch Vigo or a size proportion Stay Puft for the 6 inch line of GB would be cool. Stay Puft would have to be fully articulated and be around 24 to 36 inches high to fit the bill. Now that would blow my socks off
The Stiff wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Winston will come with some essential paperwork...
Any guesses on what this paperwork will be?
Resumes, job application, a photocopy of his PhD ...
Anyone know when tickets for comic con go on sale? I missed out last year :(
oh and I was also dissapointed in these Q and As...
Rockerrob69 wrote:Anyone know when tickets for comic con go on sale? I missed out last year :(
oh and I was also dissapointed in these Q and As...
You probably missed out this year then too.

As far as I know... they start selling them at the Convention a year in advance, if not a month or two after the current year convention is over.
AJ Quick wrote:Peter actually will not have any unique accessories. Winston will come with some essential paperwork and a cream-filled snack cake.
Does Peter really need any unique accessories? He has a trap, radio, pack and all that good stuff. I mean, looking at the other 2 in the 12" line, what more do we really need?
Iggy wrote: ... I mean, looking at the other 2 in the 12" line, what more do we really need?
ESP Zener Cards. Definitely.
Doctor Venkman wrote:I'm dying to know what the SDCC exclusive is going to be...

That said, if anyone is going to SDCC and is willing to help me out by picking one or two of whatever the exclusive is for me, I'll be eternally grateful.
Louis Tulley...
Garvin Ghostbuster wrote:
Louis Tulley...
Ear muffs or no deal Howie...

That or Vinz with the headgear!
Doctor Venkman wrote:I'm dying to know what the SDCC exclusive is going to be...

That said, if anyone is going to SDCC and is willing to help me out by picking one or two of whatever the exclusive is for me, I'll be eternally grateful.
i'll be going thursday and friday, and i'll be definitely trying to pick one up of whatever the figure is.

not saying anything's final, but if you could paypal me the money like a day or two before, i'd be willing to get it for you, so long as they don't put a limit on how many of one figure you could buy.

and of course, if i wouldn't be able to, i'd paypal you back.

anyone know if they put a limit on how many of each figure you can buy at the mattel booth?
Doctor Venkman wrote:That said, if anyone is going to SDCC and is willing to help me out by picking one or two of whatever the exclusive is for me, I'll be eternally grateful.
Same here
We gotta ask Matty if they will put the SDCC figure or whatever it is on their web site for those of us not able to get what ever it maybe. Id hate too miss out on this, I want my socks to be removed from my feet in a shocking fashion.
PrestoMovie wrote:

i'll be going thursday and friday, and i'll be definitely trying to pick one up of whatever the figure is.

not saying anything's final, but if you could paypal me the money like a day or two before, i'd be willing to get it for you, so long as they don't put a limit on how many of one figure you could buy.

and of course, if i wouldn't be able to, i'd paypal you back.

anyone know if they put a limit on how many of each figure you can buy at the mattel booth?
As far as I know, they do put a limit on how many you can buy, but I'm not sure what that limit is.

I'll definitely be down for PayPal'ing the money over to you ahead of time too.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]