Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Vincenzo330
Check this out...
This was a photo that GhostbusterPM sent me before I got home that had me really worried

When I first took him out of the box I was met with dread... His head was all squished flat.

So I heated his head up with my wife's hairdryer and pinched it the other way. for a few seconds... Voila
No more flat head. Time for his inauguration...

By the way I use these Kaiser Doll stands since the 12" figures don't stand up too well on their own.

Pete finds his way home

Oh and the 6 inch figures are great so far too
By Vincenzo330
theonlytexaspete wrote:Did you squish from head and chin or face and back of head?
Alexei :-)
Mostly back of head and face I suppose but a little of both. Don't worry you'll see results. As soon as the head is warm you can mush it however you want.

I guess I should also say don't make it too hot or you could possibly hurt the paint.
Cyrano wrote:Definitely an improvement. May I ask what stand's you're using for the 6" figures?
The stands for the 6" figures are from McFarlane Toys.

You can buy them here
http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297
Wow! That looks a lot closer to the original pics! (Now if I can find where my wife puts her hair dryer I'll be in business. - well, that and actually receiving Pete in the mail).
By Vincenzo330
Just to clarify a little further I only had to heat the head for about 10-15 seconds and it went from rock solid to soft and pliable. As long as you don't try cooking him you'll be ok.

Also as someone pointed out on the Matty forum, warm water would have the same effect, I just didn't want to get his clothes and pack wet nor did I wish to undress him.
Vincenzo330 wrote:Just to clarify a little further I only had to heat the head for about 10-15 seconds and it went from rock solid to soft and pliable.
I'm going to be doing this on some of my action figures, but I'm going to use my heat gun on maximum setting, because 15 seconds is too long to wait.
By htofstead
Hey, Venkmans pant are longer than what they showed in the sale image on Matty. Looks a lot better than the high waters he had shown. Plus good work on the face bend. Looks much better and closer to what the sale image gave to us. Good work
im proud of you for doing this. such a simple fix.
it looks phenomenal. im definetly more impressed now that ive seen it that way. i just wish i was a little more into 12" action figures.
By Vincenzo330
Well from what I'm hearing this didn't happen with every figure that shipped, but so far it seems like it might be the majority of them :( Again they are still selling the same product, it looked correct before it was packaged. I'm pretty sure the packagin happens offsite as well (maybe I'm wrong about that). Just what is Digital River's role in all this?
Vincenzo330 wrote:Well from what I'm hearing this didn't happen with every figure that shipped, but so far it seems like it might be the majority of them :( Again they are still selling the same product, it looked correct before it was packaged. I'm pretty sure the packagin happens offsite as well (maybe I'm wrong about that). Just what is Digital River's role in all this?

hey Vin, can you confirm it was the packaging that squished his head? In the one photo it looks like the vacuum formed clear plastic the head sits in was made too small, crushing the head when it was inserted ( thats what she said)
By Vincenzo330
| alkaline | wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:Well from what I'm hearing this didn't happen with every figure that shipped, but so far it seems like it might be the majority of them :( Again they are still selling the same product, it looked correct before it was packaged. I'm pretty sure the packagin happens offsite as well (maybe I'm wrong about that). Just what is Digital River's role in all this?

hey Vin, can you confirm it was the packaging that squished his head? In the one photo it looks like the vacuum formed clear plastic the head sits in was made too small, crushing the head when it was inserted ( thats what she said)
Yes I believe 100% that before they were packaged they looked fine. If you put the Venkman figure side by side with the other 2 he has the widest head by far. Now I know they didn't use the exact same packaging since the poses are different but I bet they used the same "dimensions" to create the clear plastic that holds him.
Hmmm. So if I fix the head and put it back in the box, It probably wont fit the packaging again huh??

On second thought, maybe the hairdryer trick will work on the packaging too...will have to try
By Vincenzo330
| alkaline | wrote:Hmmm. So if I fix the head and put it back in the box, It probably wont fit the packaging again huh??

On second thought, maybe the hairdryer trick will work on the packaging too...will have to try
That's actually a really good idea, but if you open the box to do that you may as well open it all the way :D

Once you cut the tape any "mint" value is gone anyway. I think You should take him out and display him, but that's just me.
Vincenzo330 wrote:
| alkaline | wrote:Hmmm. So if I fix the head and put it back in the box, It probably wont fit the packaging again huh??

That's actually a really good idea, but if you open the box to do that you may as well open it all the way :D

Once you cut the tape any "mint" value is gone anyway. I think You should take him out and display him, but that's just me.

Just so happens I have a roll of "Mint" tape.... PS thats exactly what they did. They used the same head carrier as they did for Egon and ray and didnt bother to check the dims of the new venkman head before using the same packaging.
Vincenzo330 wrote:You can buy them here
good grief - I was going to buy a set of these, but it's almost $9.00 to ship to my workplace - how is that possible? $4.99 for 15 little plastic discs and almost double ($8.78) to ship them? get the f*** outta here... and why don't I buy a Hotwheels ecto-1 for $10.00 while Im at it ?

do you know of any alternative sources for similar stands for 6" figures ?
By JayTigran
joeghostbuster wrote:
good grief - I was going to buy a set of these, but it's almost $9.00 to ship to my workplace - how is that possible? $4.99 for 15 little plastic discs and almost double ($8.78) to ship them? get the f*** outta here... and why don't I buy a Hotwheels ecto-1 for $10.00 while Im at it ?

ebay, can't post a link, but they are there if you search...pretty decent prices too...
By Ganaldarr
joeghostbuster wrote:

Matty sells 6" stands for their DCUC line, maybe they'd fit the 6" GB line.
By Peaugh
joeghostbuster wrote:it does look much better after being squished, but I still say mattel should've put photos of the actual product on their website and not used a photo of the 12" Venkman with the prototype head as seen at the cons - then again Im a bitcher and a moaner.
I've found that just letting him sit out of the box for a day or so will help the face if you don't want to risk heating him.

And honestly, looking closely at the prototype, my in hand figure, and the pics on matty's site, it think they DID use the final head on their sale page.
yes Ive looked at everyones pics and I'd say the head that everyone got is molded off the prototype from the con, but they went with a softer paint job that matches the previous 12" figures, which I'm not crazy about... I'm absolutely gaga over the 6" line but the 12" figures/dolls dont do it for me, the proton pack is impressive but other then that I cant justify spending the $60 + s&h per figure.
Luckily mine came without the squeezing issue; I think it is luck of the draw. Just to play it safe, I cut off one side of the plastic "head holder" for when I put it back in the box....so now there's no pressure and I can't be the one responsible for crushing the huge melon on top of his neck.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]