This image speaks for itself. The SDCC "Citizen Ghost" Peter Venkman from Real Ghostbusters is awesome. This exclusive figure will only be available at San Diego Comic Con and will be $20.

Regular Real Ghostbusters Mego figures (non Citizen Ghost) made by Mattel will be released later in the year and be available from the Ghostbusters Fans Shop, Toys R Us and other online retailers.

More pics:

ImageImageImage

Source: MattyCollector.com Facebook Gallery
Also, I asked this on the MattyCollector board

"Hey TG!
On the SDCC website it lists the Venkman Variant as "Randomly Packed" does this imply that the figure is blind boxed, or in a white box ala the Ghostbusters Classics? or will we be able to choose which version we get?
Thanks!"

and this is his response....

"Yes. Carded Peter is in a white shipper box so you will not know if you have the standard version or the green chase version until you open up the outer ship box.

The green version will only be randomly packed at SDCC. The version sold online on Aug 2 will only be the standard Peter. "

Figured as much...but still really sucks...I was hoping to score the Citizen Ghost version.
ShiftyHenry wrote:The green version will only be randomly packed at SDCC. The version sold online on Aug 2 will only be the standard Peter. "
Oh... enough with the games, Matty! You create something lots of people are going to want, and force them to play this blind packing nonsense!
Awesome that the shop will stock these. The more I can avoid trying to hunt at TRU, the better !
I think in honesty.. They are only now just getting these things. Maybe shipments were delayed and they had to do it that way. SDCC is two weeks away and they only got the prototype in, in the last few days. With SDCC only two weeks away who knows if they will all make it to the show.

Believe it or not, this could be good news for you... in case they have a ton left they can sell them on Mattycollector.
Eh. It looks nice overall but I am still not a fan of the figure format, and the inaccurate pack just bugs me. I would gladly get this one alone (CG is my favorite episode!), but I'm not going to SDCC and if its even random chance for con goers, it def won't be worth the secondary market price to me.

I'm pretty open to the 6" line, as poorly managed and executed as i feel it is. But the mego style just screams cop out for RGB. Hey, we can't use the same body for all the cartoon guys, what do we do? Mego!

Sorry for not loving this becasue it has ghostbusters on it, I know that seems taboo around here. Hopefully these sell well and are successful regardless. Hope a 6" RGB line is in the future.
Yes, they were mimicing the vintage Mego toy look. Actually, this looks better then most older Megos did.

This looks MUCH better then the original prototype images, but making it a chase random blind box SDCC exclusive was just a bad decision, unless they plan for a rerelease in some form down the road.
Call me when RGB figures get released that are all plastic, in the right colors, with accurate accessories. This is just lazy. I am not wasting any money on this. You 'collectors' can go for it, This is almost insulting. The movie figures are fine, but what the f*** is this shit? What a waste of a property.
Joshua AD wrote:Call me when RGB figures get released that are all plastic, in the right colors, with accurate accessories.
They were... in 1987.

Its time for something new, even if that new is old styled. Not just rehashing Kenner's Real Ghostbusters line.
Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]

A Victorian Ghostbuster

Since September I put up a new shop building, and […]