By Nick Poppageorgio
I seem to recall someone acquiring a screen used GB2 pack and then wearing around to a con. It was Peter's as I recall. There were verification photos of scratches and such that proved it. I'm putting together a presentation of sorts and I'd like to have a link to that but I can't remember where I saw it.
By mburkit
Private collector. And he was dumb enough to have taken to a comic convention in the UK to have Ernie sign it. Its the only time that I know of that its been in public or atleast was photographed in public. And from what I understand, neither of the people seen wearing it in the pictures is the owner.
By Kingpin
mburkit wrote:Private collector. And he was dumb enough to have taken to a comic convention in the UK to have Ernie sign it. Its the only time that I know of that its been in public or atleast was photographed in public. And from what I understand, neither of the people seen wearing it in the pictures is the owner.
"Dumb enough"? Here we have one of the screen used Packs taking a rare trip out into public for all to see, and during an official photo shoot on the day, it was worn by Ernie himself.

We should be so lucky to see an original prop removed from the dark halls of a private collection to hobnob with those who'd love to see one in person.
By groath
If that was my pack it wouldent come out of the custome glass sealed box I would make for it.. Then I would charge 3 dollars a person to tour it and take a look, no photos though. Pictures are avaliable in the gift shop.. Plans also! We have a very good website store also that you may be intrestead in for... exscuse me I tend to get a little carried away :P
By mburkit
When I said "dumb enough" is because he's walking around with a $20k original movie prop on his pack at a comic book convention. Its great to see it out and about but that's like driving your new car around in a demolition derby. I personally would never risk that, even for a signature.
ProtonCharger, Borzou liked this
By CJay
mburkit wrote:When I said "dumb enough" is because he's walking around with a $20k original movie prop on his pack at a comic book convention. Its great to see it out and about but that's like driving your new car around in a demolition derby. I personally would never risk that, even for a signature.
I agree with this statement.
By Borzou
Kingpin wrote:
mburkit wrote:Private collector. And he was dumb enough to have taken to a comic convention in the UK to have Ernie sign it. Its the only time that I know of that its been in public or atleast was photographed in public. And from what I understand, neither of the people seen wearing it in the pictures is the owner.
"Dumb enough"? Here we have one of the screen used Packs taking a rare trip out into public for all to see, and during an official photo shoot on the day, it was worn by Ernie himself.

We should be so lucky to see an original prop removed from the dark halls of a private collection to hobnob with those who'd love to see one in person.
IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

By Kingpin
For information, that particular convention, whilst busy in places is nothing like an American comic convention. That was Collectormania in Milton Keynes, prior to it moving to a nearby stadium... although the guest booths and merchandise stalls were quite packed in, the outside edge of the convention has always been breezy, and with plenty of room. That's where the above photos were taken, and where most if not all the photos I've seen of that Pack have appeared.

There was no danger of SDCC-esque clipping, or WizardWorld fender benders.
By AJ Quick
Kingpin wrote:There was no danger of SDCC-esque clipping, or WizardWorld fender benders.
.... or DragonCon honkey tonks, or Sleet City Zippedy-doodas, or A-Kon Whistling Bungholes, or Creature Con Spleen Splitters, or MegaCon Whisker Biscuits, or Big Apple Honkey Lighters, or Emerald City Hüsker Düs and Hüsker Don'ts, and no PAX Nipsy Dazers, with or without the Scooter Stick.
Jairus, Skully, pavenatt and 3 others liked this
By ChapterMasterTu'Shan
AJ Quick wrote:
Kingpin wrote:There was no danger of SDCC-esque clipping, or WizardWorld fender benders.
.... or DragonCon honkey tonks, or Sleet City Zippedy-doodas, or A-Kon Whistling Bungholes, or Creature Con Spleen Splitters, or MegaCon Whisker Biscuits, or Big Apple Honkey Lighters, or Emerald City Hüsker Düs and Hüsker Don'ts, and no PAX Nipsy Dazers, with or without the Scooter Stick.
COOL
By FeinDTacticS
lol that pirate is sweating him hard body.. look at that second photo.. his face is like... "you b*st*rd"
By jafillz
That actually seems to be one of the packs used in the first movie; according to the placement of the blue tubing fitting on the ion arm.
By kind2311
the fact that it has a full-on hero thrower with flash bulb in the tip is another sign that it is a GB1 hero pack. The position of the thrower and the fittings on the HGA and the fact that the bellows is real and not resin are other telltale signs.
By CPU64
Probably the guy who bought all the orange light caps. the pack was purchased to keep everyone else from getting any more measurements..
Just kidding ^_^
By Dorian Gray
I'd have it locked up similar to the Declaration of Independence in National Treasure. Including bulletproof glass. and aggressive bees. and aggressive bees carrying bulletproof glass.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]