Then I began tracing the shell out. I left about 1/8" of clearance all the way around, as you can see here.
Here's the first pass after tracing.
I lined up an MMM mobo as best as I could to make the bottom two mounting holes.
Then I used an ALICE frame to line up for the third hole.
I traced the center bar of the ALICE frame and using some reference that I had I marked the third hole.
As you can see here I squared off all of the ribs on the side and made the right hand section connecting the gun mount to the sych-gen
Water jetting or laser cutting requires a 1x1" marking for size reference
A shot of the finished template.
Next I scanned in each page and lined them up again in Photoshop.
After that it was time to go to town on vectoring this puppy.
After a few hours I had this...
Next I printed out a copy and reassembled it again. Time to see how it came out
I compared it once more to the MMM mobo, take note of the mounting holes.
I also lined up the Alice frame one last time.
It's a bit hard to see but the top mounting hole came out perfect!
Aaaand, here's how it lines up...
Great success, yes!
Time to send this baby off to the aluminum cutters!