Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
dfak2009 wrote:AWESOME!!!!!

I'm getting 2 !!!

That's how the MATTY VERSION should look, if it existed :(
But it is the "Matty Version". Matel makes Hotwheels. They have the prototype as seen. They can scale it to whatever size they wish to. When they think the market is ready, they can make one in scale with the 6" figures.
CaptCyan wrote:
dfak2009 wrote:AWESOME!!!!!

I'm getting 2 !!!

But it is the "Matty Version". Matel makes Hotwheels. They have the prototype as seen. They can scale it to whatever size they wish to. When they think the market is ready, they can make one in scale with the 6" figures.
Awesome i didn't know MATTY and HOTWHEELS were the same!!

I really hope they eventually make a 6" scale ECTO that looks exactly like this
i'd definitly buy 2 if they did :D
dfak2009 wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:

Awesome i didn't know MATTY and HOTWHEELS were the same!!

I really hope they eventually make a 6" scale ECTO that looks exactly like this
i'd definitly buy 2 if they did :D[/quote]

Pretty much every toy company in the U.S. is either owned or partially owned by either Mattel or Hasbro, I was astounded when doing research on the history of the big two companies to see how many of their former competitors they had bought and turned into lines/divisions of their own company.

As to the Ecto-1 prototype it looks very good and at least the have the mold so that as Capt Cyan said they could potentially(as in if Ghostbusters 3 ever actually gets made or they shock us by announcing a new animated series) use it to give us an Ecto one to go with our 6-inch Ghostbusters.
Mmmmmmmmm yeah.... I want
SolidSnakeEyes wrote:God, something like this in scale for the 6" figures would make my year.
Good luck getting those figures in with their packs glued on...or start saving the almost $120 to get the inevitable sans/removable pack figures
Pony wrote:The detail on this thing looks great. Definitely a must have for the collection.
The Hotwheels Ecto appears to capture the 1959 Cadillac body better as well, the proportions of the older one just seemed squashed and stretched...

There's a finer assortment of details, just look at how many more bits of trim the new one sports, ranging from the swooping pieces of crome over the headlights with miniature Cadillac sheilds, and as someone on GBN pointed out, the louver plates
AJ Quick wrote:
Must be based on the photos I took at Sony.. where they were turned around.
They've been turned around ever since. I've not seen the new ecto with binocs pointing forward.
This is the first time I ever even noticed the front hood vents. They aren't on the Johnny Lightening cars, the HW Ecto, the ornament, or even the polar lights model kit.
Binocs? You mean the thing on top with the two tubes?

That reminds me:

As seen in Groundhog Day. I wonder if that is a real device or just something they thought looked like something that might be found on a news van.
GhostGuy wrote: As seen in Groundhog Day. I wonder if that is a real device or just something they thought looked like something that might be found on a news van.
Their name on the original concept drawings is "T.V. Antenna" so you're probably right about that. Of course, EVERYTHING on the roof is labeled as some sort of "t.v. antenna". I've called them "binocs" since my first build. I think that "sniffer" is too passive for something that's really cool. Fifthrider calls them "guns," but I think they look more like a piece of detection gear than weaponry.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]